Einstien was wrong?

SimonFunnell

Physics is about modelling interactions of cause and effect. For example the laws of thermodynamics. If you raise the temperature you raise the pressure etc. The purpose of the laws of physics is to model change. You change interaction a you cause influence b.

The robustness of a model comes in its observational and experimental evidence. There are very few fundamental first principles that are considered laws.

Any model regardless of how robust is continuously reexamined in different ways.

It's not something that's written in some magical universal storage area. It's simply how the dynamics of the universe works

Ok, lets try something else:

In the most simple terms, what did Einstein do (with relativity)?

I would argue in most simple terms that he combined space and time into spacetime.

If there is more I am prepared to be schooled, but boiled down to basics, that's what I reckon he did, that was his innovation.

Edited by SimonFunnell

Ok, lets try something else:

In the most simple terms, what did Einstein do (with relativity)?

I would argue in most simple terms that he combined space and time into spacetime.

If there is more I am prepared to be schooled, but boiled down to basics, that's what I reckon he did, that was his innovation.

That was Minkowski. Einstein curved Minkowski spacetime as a description of gravity. He also, basically, said that space and time are plastic and only light speed is fixed.

Edited by StringJunky

That was Minkowski. Einstein curved Minkowski spacetime as a description of gravity.

Ok, I guess my point here is the importance of space and time, they are at the root of physics, there is no motion without space and time.

Hmmm, I think I am going to rethink things and start a new post because this isn't really going anywhere. Thanks for your input anyway.

Ok, I guess my point here is the importance of space and time, they are at the root of physics, there is no motion without space and time.

Hmmm, I think I am going to rethink things and start a new post because this isn't really going anywhere. Thanks for your input anyway.

No probs. I think one cannot add anything new to modern physics without first understanding, very well, the mechanics of what is already known. I think one should realise that Einstein's models are not wrong but incomplete because they can't describe things at nanoscale... it falls apart. Any new theory must encompass his theories because they are not wrong, within their domain of validity.

One cannot know where things are going until they know where they have been. Thinking up some new paradigm pulled out of the blue, without reference to past models, is pie in the sky.

Edited by StringJunky