magnetic movement

corey welch 52

I have been looking for info on whether or not magnets could be used to push objects (repel) and be made small enough yet powerful enough to say move furniture, or even a car. The idea would be to attach a small metal tab (removable) under said object and roll a small device to lift and move with magnetic power with ease. Could that be adapted into a pinpoint repel to push things at a distance. Could be used for space travel or even deflecting some asteroids (mostly metal) Any research would be greatly appreciated and if this has been done please forward any reference.. tyvm.

Your idea is lacking in detail where it really needs it. Magnets are dipoles, and the field strength drops off with the cube of the distance, so saying that this could be used at a distance is contrary to what we know about magnets.

Honestly, the man has a point. Have you ever heard of quantum locking? This could be our future. I have seen many articles on magnets but never understood them as much as I wish, but I do get the concept of basic poles and the laws of attraction. It goes back to basic physics and actions and reaction. They actually created a hover board with quantum locking.

They actually created a hover board with quantum locking.

If you ever see anything totally mind blowing online, Google it and add the word "fake".

However, yes, superconductors can allow levitation. Maybe someday yet we'll have our hover boards.

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/solids/maglev.html#c2

Edited by Endy0816

If you ever see anything totally mind blowing online, Google it and add the word "fake".

However, yes, superconductors can allow levitation. Maybe someday yet we'll have our hover boards.

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/solids/maglev.html#c2

The hover board I'm talking about was built in a room that had a floor of high strength magnets

Possibly you mean the Hendo? That variety is real enough but has nothing to do with quantum locking.

It didn't look especially practical for regular use last time I glanced at it(which was about a year ago now). Carrying around the energy supply adds weight which increases the energy demand.

Edited by Endy0816