The application of real-time strategy games in the future

Unity+

If you haven't heard, Nevada is beginning to use self-driving cards. Not fully self-driving, but enough to stir some discussion.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/205160-sign-of-the-apocalypse-as-daimler-unleashes-self-driving-trucks-in-nevada-hardly

Anyways, I think this should begin a discussion about the future of strategy and how self-driving(running) vehicles or units will enter us into a new age of strategy, mainly real-time strategy.

As technology gets perfected and the reliance of human uncertainty will grow nill, real-time strategy simulations will become more realistic due to the certainty of this technology. This means that real-time strategy games will become more useful in the future in regards to growing the next generation into this new mindset of strategy.

Do you think this will be the case?

Nevada is beginning to use self-driving cards.

Better than tracking trucks with GPS forcing truck drivers to do ridiculous working hours and stick to certain routes with threats of being fired if they don't.

Do you think this will be the case?

Yeah you could have a ceo directing drone ships to deliver goods from one port to another. In fact they can do that already. http://www.wired.com/2014/02/saildrone/

You could make a game with a map of the world and have things like timing calculated. When the drone is due to arrive. How long it will stay in port and what goods get loaded on and off the ship.

Edited by fiveworlds

???? Did you mean "cars"?

Oops, a typo. :P

Better than tracking trucks with GPS forcing truck drivers to do ridiculous working hours and stick to certain routes with threats of being fired if they don't.

Yeah you could have a ceo directing drone ships to deliver goods from one port to another. In fact they can do that already.

I was talking to a few people about this. Some say it won't happen because it will cost jobs. I say we should continue down this route.

I was talking to a few people about this. Some say it won't happen because it will cost jobs. I say we should continue down this route.

One consideration is maintenance imagine a normal truck driver anything goes wrong with the truck then the driver gets it fixed. A drone on the other hand would have difficulty being able to tell something was wrong.

One consideration is maintenance imagine a normal truck driver anything goes wrong with the truck then the driver gets it fixed. A drone on the other hand would have difficulty being able to tell something was wrong.

I said the samething, but the problem is getting the people educated enough to be able to fix such things, considering the education within the United States. A majority of the people in these jobs are not qualified for such mechanical work.

???

Limiting time spend by truck driver @ road, and forcing him to go sleep/rest periodically you call "ridiculous working hours".. ?

Without limits and tachograph they used to be working 24+ hours because their employer had "emergency delivery" (as always)..

Truck drivers that don't rest regularly are serious risk for other road users, and causing serious disasters on roads. They are falling asleep while driving and crashing..

ps. That's police who is checking their tachograph in the first place, not employer.

Employer want to know where is their truck and cargo (worth hundred thousands or millions, so they have right to know, using GPS, even plugged to each container).

Edited by Sensei

I meant fleet tracking http://www.tracker.co.uk/fleet-tracking/

It can do things like tell your employer when you deviate from your course and where you went to during that time.

Such device/service has sense: truck hijacking were very common here in '90 years. So any change of path from normal (=optimal,shortest) should be immediately sent to truck company supervisor. After all it could be hijacking..