The most motivating music genre?

TJ McCaustland

Music, some of us like to listen to dubstep, others classical. The question I am presenting here is which is the most motivating. We know that music causes, as everything else, chemical reactions in the brain. But using applied neuro-chemistry, and basic observation, not to mention listening to it yourself, which is most motivating (3 SA's due for school, I need some motivation because personally, when I have that much dull typing on book analysis SA's I need motivation or I feel like crap and reallly want to break out Kerbal space program).

I think it will depend on what you like. I doubt there has been any reliable studies on this.

As an aside, I experimented with creating random music. Not good, but you can get some creepy 'tunes'. Fractal music is another one, I have never tired to create fractal music.

I can't imagine that any piece of music would persuade me that I really wanted to fill in a tax return.

I find that some operatic arias, and a lot of recent (say, post 1990) pop music motivate me to change the channel.

As far as I can see, all that music might actually motivate me to do was listen to it, or not listen to it.

Well for me I still hate the work because it's elaborate drudgery, but the point is to find music that gives you the strongest work ethic. (BTW Thanks to efmotat, thats some funky music, and fiveworlds, thats some epic stuff.)

Edited by TJ McCaustland

Game/Movie Soundtracks or just orchestral, and any type of music with, what is to be considered, an uplifting drop. I imagine if you listened to Sleepless - Ben Sage, a song which is quite rough in the beginning 1 minute or so, but when it gets to the uplifting parts, it will probably catch your mind, mind-catching instead of eye-catching if you know what I mean, you will be interested, and you can do things with what feels like less effort.

Edited by s1eep