Theory of Everything and Nothing by a 5 Sense Synesthete

Syn5

do you have a history of psychotic episodes? i'm not trying to be offensive, but i'm curious because you seem to be caught up in what you think to be reality rather than what others are trying to explain to you, and your theory is a word salad.

Look my theory is just an exercise in deep thought. I am perfectly sane. At least I hope. I am sane enough to know that there's a great chance I am wrong. But the fact that I can even think about such abstract concepts that do not follow reality as we know it amazes me. Actually It amazes everyone and it's called creativity.

And the fact is the MATRIX is theoretically possible. So maybe we are all having a psychotic episode, a break from reality lol.

Gosh it's not like I am saying this is fact. Maybe theory wasn't the right word? One of the pitfalls of ignorance. Lack of vocabulary.

Also incase you didn't read the title. I am a synesthete (research has shown many of us are, not rare really). So if my vocabulary is a bit eccentric/poetic/spiritual it's only because I have some merging of the senses.

Isn't your favorite area of study neuroscience?

Edited by Syn5

But the fact that I can even think about such abstract concepts that do not follow reality as we know it amazes me.

Thinking about things that bear no relationship to reality is easy (look at all the crazy theories posted on forums like this).

Coming up with testable ideas that accurately describe reality is the hard work.

Thinking about things that bear no relationship to reality is easy (look at all the crazy theories posted on forums like this).

Coming up with testable ideas that accurately describe reality is the hard work.

Ok I don't know the proper math or way to express a scientific theory.

Eh I have money, guess I'll just pay a theoretical physicist's salary for a bit then come back with a formula.

I thought maybe I could find someone here to playfully yet passionately bounce around abstract ideas with.

Why did I chose this place? Well I have all the creativity I need, so I needed man of science.

I'm guessing this forum thinks Leonard Susskind is insane and The World as Hologram is insane? If he's right then we are all just a 4D representation of 2D information and my ideas are suddenly not so abstract.

Look my theory is just an exercise in deep thought. I am perfectly sane. At least I hope. I am sane enough to know that there's a great chance I am wrong. But the fact that I can even think about such abstract concepts that do not follow reality as we know it amazes me. Actually It amazes everyone and it's called creativity.

It doesn't amaze me.

Perhaps you are having communication difficulties. Perhaps your idea is so novel and radical that expressing it within the limitations of English is the source of the reactions you are getting here. For I see nothing especially creative in what you are saying. In the course of an hour or to, if I put my mind to it, I would expect to think up three or four ideas at least equivalent to what you have put, forward, though hopefully better defined. And I would discard them all for lacking any substance. I would expect more of the the real brains on the forum.

Why not sit down, reread all the suggestions you have received carefully. Think about them, then read them again. Then write down, as precisely as you can specifically what your idea is, defining the key terminology, and making detailed predictions your hypothesis would generate. Leave it for a day - come back to it - edit it ruthlessly. Then post it.

I think you would be surprised by the difference in the reactions.

It doesn't amaze me.

Perhaps you are having communication difficulties. Perhaps your idea is so novel and radical that expressing it within the limitations of English is the source of the reactions you are getting here. For I see nothing especially creative in what you are saying. In the course of an hour or to, if I put my mind to it, I would expect to think up three or four ideas at least equivalent to what you have put, forward, though hopefully better defined. And I would discard them all for lacking any substance. I would expect more of the the real brains on the forum.

Why not sit down, reread all the suggestions you have received carefully. Think about them, then read them again. Then write down, as precisely as you can specifically what your idea is, defining the key terminology, and making detailed predictions your hypothesis would generate. Leave it for a day - come back to it - edit it ruthlessly. Then post it.

I think you would be surprised by the difference in the reactions.

Thank you.

Also I'm sorry guys for being close minded myself, I just read the pinned thread.

It seems that pseudoscience, while often colourful, sometimes stimulating and - on occasion - entertaining, suffers from shortcomings which are dependent on the wielder of the hypothesis under scrutiny.

Unlike conventional scientific theory, which is based upon a continually progressing and narrowing identification of event-level observations that can be demonstrated and explained via the scientific method, there is no unilateral standard within pseudoscience that restricts any one individual or group of individuals to a single approach to any given problem.

Without such control, it is only a matter of time before any pseudoscience hypothesis spins wildly out of control. I cite most of the threads in this forum as evidence.

if you actually wish to take your exercises in thought into the realm of science, then learn what has been explained in science. these abstract concepts you refer to are really meaningless if you don't have a grasp on what they actually are. your local library probably has freshmen level physics and biology textbooks. there are free lectures on youtube from stanford and mit for instance that offer you lessons from actual professors.

- here's a lecture on classical mechanics from stanford, a fairly good starting point for physics.

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/hph.html - this site has formulae and brief explanation of them, as well as a web of concepts in physics in each section and how they relate for visual understanding.

Edited by andrewcellini

!

Moderator Note

This isn't the "deep thought" forum. It's a science discussion forum, and this is the speculations section. Your ideas have to be to the point where one can somehow test them experimentally, compare them to existing data or otherwise be falsifiable. That's the bar we have set for discussion. If you can raise the discussion to that level, then we can restart the discussion

What it's not is a dorm room at 2 AM after the occupants have ingested and/or inhaled various chemical substances.

I'll add that the tactic of questioning someone's mental health being out of line was not just one mod's opinion