Man-made Climate Change debunked as the liberal hoax it is

EmmaRoydes

extinct-snail-killed-climate-change-craw

Since 2007, the Aldabra Banded Snail (Rhachistia aldabrae) has been the chief poster mollusc of climate alarmists across the globe. That's because - according to a peer-reviewed paper published by an "expert" in the field, Justin Gerlach, it was the first extinction directly attributable to climate change. It has been found alive and well - and living where it always has for the past 80,000 - on the Indian Ocean atoll of Aldabra.

Oops, that should be mollusk! Sorry about that!!

Did you happen to read the November 25, 2013 Canadian weekly magazine Macleans cover story? Adds more fuel to the climate alarmist fire. But, since you rightly insist that a single event does not an alarmist theory destroy, I'll start making more posters highlighting the follies of climate alarmism. I'm not a graphic artist, so it will take me some time to get them right.

!

Moderator Note

Without a link, and with the hyperbole, this is indistinguishable from trolling. So, before this gets out of hand, you need to present your source(s), and a more cogent argument. Bald assertions and logical fallacies will not suffice.

Something like

http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2014/09/13/snails-extinct-rediscovered-animals-science-seychelles-climate-change/

Which notes a huge crash in the snail's population. Perhaps you could explain how that translates to "alive and well" and spend more effort explaining how this "debunks" global warming.

Don't respond to this modnote.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If man made global warming is such a serious planet endangering process like the politicians and celebrities claim it is, then why don't the governments BAN the burning of fossil fuels? Why is their solution a carbon tax? Why is there no law saying that ALL vehicles produced must be electric powered? Answer is - there is no serious planet endangering process occuring.

The global warming media frenzy is a pure money making scam. Why is that a surprise when the majority of the planet is capitalist and the driving force for everything is money. If you think politicians genuinely care about the planet you are VERY naive. They don't care about anything, only themselves.

Throughout the history of the Earth, the planet's climate has been fluctuating between two dominant climate states, Greenhouse Earth and Icehouse Earth.

These two climate states last for millions of years.

Greenhouse Earth = No ice caps, warm. Icehouse Earth = Ice caps, cold. Makes sense.

The climate state for the Earth at present is Icehouse Earth.

An Icehouse Earth is subdivided into glacial periods and interglacial periods. Glacial periods are colder, interglacial periods are warmer.

The period we are in at present is interglacial.

I would be more worried if it was said there was man made global cooling.

Global warming may lead to the planet returning to a Greenhouse Earth climate state. Warm and no ice caps.

Throughout the history of the planet, the time spent in a Greenhouse Earth state heavily outweighs the time spent in an Icehouse Earth state. Icehouse Earth is not the normal state for the Earth. I think of it as Icehouse Earth = the Earth has a cold and is sick. Greenhouse Earth = the Earth is warm and healthy.

Q. What caused all the previous transitions from Greenhouse Earth to Icehouse Earth and Icehouse Earth to Greenhouse Earth? It wasn't human beings.

Q. What caused all the previous transitions from glacial to interglacial and interglacial to glacial within Icehouse Earth conditions? It wasn't human beings.

If the planet is warming and humans are helping, why is that bad? If we ARE helping the planet warm, this is a good thing. The planet getting warmer and returning to a Greenhouse state = Earth getting better from it's cold. I would be more worried if there was man made global cooling. I don't want to live in a snowball Earth.

George Carlin

“We’re so self-important. Everybody’s going to save something now. “Save the trees, save the bees, save the whales, save those snails.” And the greatest arrogance of all: save the planet. Save the planet, we don’t even know how to take care of ourselves yet. I’m tired of this shit. I’m tired of f-ing Earth Day. I’m tired of these self-righteous environmentalists, these white, bourgeois liberals who think the only thing wrong with this country is that there aren’t enough bicycle paths. People trying to make the world safe for Volvos. Besides, environmentalists don’t give a shit about the planet. Not in the abstract they don’t. You know what they’re interested in? A clean place to live. Their own habitat. They’re worried that some day in the future they might be personally inconvenienced. Narrow, unenlightened self-interest doesn’t impress me.

The planet has been through a lot worse than us. Been through earthquakes, volcanoes, plate tectonics, continental drift, solar flares, sun spots, magnetic storms, the magnetic reversal of the poles … hundreds of thousands of years of bombardment by comets and asteroids and meteors, worldwide floods, tidal waves, worldwide fires, erosion, cosmic rays, recurring ice ages … And we think some plastic bags and some aluminum cans are going to make a difference? The planet isn’t going anywhere. WE are!

We’re going away. Pack your shit, folks. We’re going away. And we won’t leave much of a trace, either. Maybe a little Styrofoam … The planet’ll be here and we’ll be long gone. Just another failed mutation. Just another closed-end biological mistake. An evolutionary cul-de-sac. The planet’ll shake us off like a bad case of fleas.

The planet will be here for a long, long, LONG time after we’re gone, and it will heal itself, it will cleanse itself, ’cause that’s what it does. It’s a self-correcting system. The air and the water will recover, the earth will be renewed. And if it’s true that plastic is not degradable, well, the planet will simply incorporate plastic into a new paradigm: the earth plus plastic. The earth doesn’t share our prejudice toward plastic. Plastic came out of the earth. The earth probably sees plastic as just another one of its children. Could be the only reason the earth allowed us to be spawned from it in the first place. It wanted plastic for itself. Didn’t know how to make it. Needed us. Could be the answer to our age-old egocentric philosophical question, “Why are we here?”

Edited by ZVBXRPL

If man made global warming is such a serious planet endangering process like the politicians and celebrities claim it is, then why don't the governments BAN the buring of fossil fuels?

Because the infrastructure on which we depend won't yet allow it without massive and far reaching collapse, the people won't yet let them due to historic misinformation campaigns, and the folks who help those in power (the ones who could actually do what you suggest) actively block progress in this space since they have a vested interest in preventing such an intrusion into their business and financial well-being.

"“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it."― Upton Sinclair

If man made global warming is such a serious planet endangering process like the politicians and celebrities claim it is, then why don't the governments BAN the burning of fossil fuels? Why is their solution a carbon tax? Why is there no law saying that ALL vehicles produced must be electric powered? Answer is - there is no serious planet endangering process occuring.

The global warming media frenzy is a pure money making scam. Why is that a surprise when the majority of the planet is capitalist and the driving force for everything is money. If you think politicians genuinely care about the planet you are VERY naive. They don't care about anything, only themselves.

Throughout the history of the Earth, the planet's climate has been fluctuating between two dominant climate states, Greenhouse Earth and Icehouse Earth.

These two climate states last for millions of years.

Greenhouse Earth = No ice caps, warm. Icehouse Earth = Ice caps, cold. Makes sense.

The climate state for the Earth at present is Icehouse Earth.

An Icehouse Earth is subdivided into glacial periods and interglacial periods. Glacial periods are colder, interglacial periods are warmer.

The period we are in at present is interglacial.

I would be more worried if it was said there was man made global cooling.

Global warming may lead to the planet returning to a Greenhouse Earth climate state. Warm and no ice caps.

Throughout the history of the planet, the time spent in a Greenhouse Earth state heavily outweighs the time spent in an Icehouse Earth state. Icehouse Earth is not the normal state for the Earth. I think of it as Icehouse Earth = the Earth has a cold and is sick. Greenhouse Earth = the Earth is warm and healthy.

Q. What caused all the previous transitions from Greenhouse Earth to Icehouse Earth and Icehouse Earth to Greenhouse Earth? It wasn't human beings.

Q. What caused all the previous transitions from glacial to interglacial and interglacial to glacial within Icehouse Earth conditions? It wasn't human beings.

If the planet is warming and humans are helping, why is that bad? If we ARE helping the planet warm, this is a good thing. The planet getting warmer and returning to a Greenhouse state = Earth getting better from it's cold. I would be more worried if there was man made global cooling. I don't want to live in a snowball Earth.

George Carlin

“We’re so self-important. Everybody’s going to save something now. “Save the trees, save the bees, save the whales, save those snails.” And the greatest arrogance of all: save the planet. Save the planet, we don’t even know how to take care of ourselves yet. I’m tired of this shit. I’m tired of f-ing Earth Day. I’m tired of these self-righteous environmentalists, these white, bourgeois liberals who think the only thing wrong with this country is that there aren’t enough bicycle paths. People trying to make the world safe for Volvos. Besides, environmentalists don’t give a shit about the planet. Not in the abstract they don’t. You know what they’re interested in? A clean place to live. Their own habitat. They’re worried that some day in the future they might be personally inconvenienced. Narrow, unenlightened self-interest doesn’t impress me.

The planet has been through a lot worse than us. Been through earthquakes, volcanoes, plate tectonics, continental drift, solar flares, sun spots, magnetic storms, the magnetic reversal of the poles … hundreds of thousands of years of bombardment by comets and asteroids and meteors, worldwide floods, tidal waves, worldwide fires, erosion, cosmic rays, recurring ice ages … And we think some plastic bags and some aluminum cans are going to make a difference? The planet isn’t going anywhere. WE are!

We’re going away. Pack your shit, folks. We’re going away. And we won’t leave much of a trace, either. Maybe a little Styrofoam … The planet’ll be here and we’ll be long gone. Just another failed mutation. Just another closed-end biological mistake. An evolutionary cul-de-sac. The planet’ll shake us off like a bad case of fleas.

The planet will be here for a long, long, LONG time after we’re gone, and it will heal itself, it will cleanse itself, ’cause that’s what it does. It’s a self-correcting system. The air and the water will recover, the earth will be renewed. And if it’s true that plastic is not degradable, well, the planet will simply incorporate plastic into a new paradigm: the earth plus plastic. The earth doesn’t share our prejudice toward plastic. Plastic came out of the earth. The earth probably sees plastic as just another one of its children. Could be the only reason the earth allowed us to be spawned from it in the first place. It wanted plastic for itself. Didn’t know how to make it. Needed us. Could be the answer to our age-old egocentric philosophical question, “Why are we here?”

Did you not notice all the deniers tend to be invested in the fossil fuel industry, with much of the global currency based in oil? The USA, the largest denier for decades maintains its economy on the petrodollar. That's a lot of wealth to deal with. They don't want to give it up.