Genuine photographs, not recent, but show 'angelical' troublemakers intentions...

Externet

If I were an arms dealer, my marketing department would be flooding the internet with put-up stories like this. Hating large groups of people is very good for business.

Fear easily takes the place of reason in many people's minds, and there are many agendas being served by spreading fear of muslims. Reason tells us these are extreme views held by a fringe following, and don't reflect the opinions of the vast majority.

I'm sure the part that really helps the arms dealers is when people react to extremism with more extremism. I wonder how many hate crimes were committed by people who got an email like this?

You have a valid point, but there's enough blame to go around, so don't forget to blame the protesters in the photographs also. They are the ones preaching hatred, and many were arrested for the act. When they committed the crime isn't really relevant as they don't belong in our ( supposedly ) civilized society.

Arms dealers build tools. How we use them can be a problem. We certainly appreciated their efforts in WW2 and during the cold war. It seems they also provide a convenient scapegoat.

People who react to extremism with extremism are usually called victims when discussing other crimes and are usually excused. Or would you place as much blame on the victim of a rape who kills her assailant, as you do the rapist ?

Edited by MigL