Old remote viewing experience, solid confirmation of out-of-body consciousness

MirceaKitsune

After thinking for a while, I decided that posting about this would be a good choice. Although most of this discussion can probably be classified as paranormal, I'm posting it hopes that it will be useful in a scientific manner, such as better understanding how consciousness works. So think of this as an experiment I did unknowingly. As it will be obvious, there's no way in which I can offer proof for what I will say, and the best I can do is promise that these are the real events as I recall them. I don't expect everyone to believe me either, but this is for everyone to make what they will of. If it's in the incorrect forum area also, I apologize and please move it in the right section.

- What happened:

This took place about 9 years ago, back when I was 16. My parents had recently re-established contact with an old family friend after many years. He agreed to take us to his house at the other side of the country from where we live, to stay for a week and celebrate new year. I remember being informed about it approximately two weeks before the trip. I was only told the name of the city and its location on the map, although I had never been in that part of the country and had no idea what it generally even looked like.

More than a week before the trip, I had an unusually lucid dream: I was lying on the back seat of a taxi, covered in blankets and cold from having a high fever. The taxi then pulled over to a muddy parking lot near a restaurant, and asked me to get out. I found the strength to uncover myself and step outside in the cold, then the cab drove away. I was left wondering around that area, apparently looking for someone who was supposed to be waiting for me there. The relevant part is that my vision was very vivid for a dream, and I could perceive as many details as one can generally remember in real life.

A week after that, it was time for our trip. Our friend arrived in the morning to pick us up, and after a several hour drive we got to his house at the other side of the country. Soon after we unpacked, he wanted to take us to his favorite restaurant just a few kilometers away. So we all got back in the car and went there. Once we reached our destination and I steppted outside, I was petrified: It was precisely the area I had dreamed of... up to the smallest detail. There was only one error... a missing fence on the other side of the road, otherwise some small objects such as signs were also missing.

I was able to find three good photos of the place I took in 2010, and attached them to this post. #1 shows the parking lot where the cab dropped me off in the dream. #2 shows the restaurant and its fence. #3 shows the road in front of that restaurant.

Basically, almost everything you see in these images I saw in my dream before actually going there or having any hint about the place. The muddy parking lot, including the poles behind it and the grassy area behind that. The restaurant building and everything about it... the architecture, the color, the position and shape of every single door and window, the shape color position and length of the black fence with a stone base surrounding it (also reaching the parking lot) and even the gate on that fence and its connection to the road. The cement parking lot in front of the restaurant, which I remember had cars on it too. The shape of the road, which has a straight segment near the restaurant but steers away from it at a distance, both before and after. The meadows on the other side of the road, on which I actually went walking in the dream (the fence between it and the road didn't exist, that was the only innacuracy). I even remember the street lights... and yes, I think the houses which can be seen in the distance where there too. I also saw the little villa behind the restaurant and inside the garden, slightly visible in image #2.

- My conclusions:

This is the only experience of this sort I've ever had in my life... yet it puzzled me for a decade. At the time, I used to think this was some special sign with a meaning. Whenever we went to that restaurant, I stood in that parking lot and tried to figure out what and why had happened. At this day however, my understanding of the universe is different. I realize that consciousness among many things are an unexplored branch of science, and that these things make perfect sense even if we don't yet know how. For this reason, I realized it would be best to share what happened rather than keeping it to myself, because it might help confirm things other people noticed for instance. Someday, one person might even come up with a theory on how out-of-body input / output of information works, based on events like this.

The only thing I know beyond any doubt is that there was some kind of remote viewing involved, or information traveling backward in time under some form. It would be insane to believe something this big could have been a coincidence, because at such detail there's not one chance in a billion. And this comes from someone who has a hard time believing things even when I see proof at times, because I hate being deluded especially with such matters. This experience has also been my only form of clear and solid proof that spirit and a consciousness outside of this body exist. Without it, I would have probably had a lot of fears and doubts related to that for many years.

Feel free to post your opinions if you wish, or ask any questions (do note this was 9 years ago and I might have forgotten some details, although the event stuck with me to this day). Like I said, I hope this might help others come up with theories and conclusions, and maybe someday an experience like this will.

post-104044-0-34364400-1396454602_thumb.jpg

post-104044-0-24363400-1396454603_thumb.jpg

post-104044-0-82193600-1396454603_thumb.jpg

Sorry to disappoint but "solid confirmation of out-of-body consciousness" requires a record from 9 years ago.

The reason I said "confirmation" and not "proof" is because I'm aware there is no proof, given that technology to record dreams as video doesn't exist today nor did 9 years ago. So although it's frustrating, the only real proof is to myself. I can however do as much as confirming (based on this experience) that I've seen it be possible thanks to this event. And hope that posts like this, in case anyone else had others and shared them, might lead to someone coming up with at least a solid hypothesis as to how it works. I'd really hope to know how it works and how this happened someday, although it might be a while till that's possible sadly.

Human memory is error prone. Hard to rely on it, especially after this long. To really prove it, you would need to show outside knowledge. Something that matched nothing observed prior to or obtained through your not entirely turned off senses.

Dreams do incorporate your mental conceptions of events, so nothing that says those can't roughly align to what you see in the future.

There is actually some research out there dealing with capturing mental images. Pretty primitive at the moment but future looks bright.

Edited by Endy0816

Human memory is error prone. Hard to rely on it, especially after this long. To really prove it, you would need to show outside knowledge. Something that matched nothing observed prior to or obtained through your not entirely turned off senses.

Dreams do incorporate your mental conceptions of events, so nothing that says those can't roughly align to what you see in the future.

There is actually some research out there dealing with capturing mental images. Pretty primitive at the moment but future looks bright.

It's something I remember very well... including the exact moments from the dream. I actually posted about it on another forum a few weeks after it happened, though I can no longer find my post there apparently. I also actually named most pictures I took of the place in the following years "the dream parking lot" :) But yeah, I remember this very exactly.

Dreams are indeed often based on events that have happened or will happen, and most people (myself included) usually dream about something from the past or that we know is coming. But those are things in the person's conscious or subconscious memory, and involve the person having the information of what they are dreaming. In this case however, I dreamed a place I haven't seen or had any hints about to the smallest architectural detail... precise information that couldn't have existed anywhere in my brain at that time. Logically, that means it came from somewhere somehow. And since I know there aren't any gods sending rewards or messages or anything, it can only mean this is part of a system that hasn't been debunked yet... but which will probably be an amazing discovery once it is!

And that's nice to know. I hope that research will get somewhere within the next years.

It's something I remember very well... including the exact moments from the dream. I actually posted about it on another forum a few weeks after it happened, though I can no longer find my post there apparently. I also actually named most pictures I took of the place in the following years "the dream parking lot" :) But yeah, I remember this very exactly.

Dreams are indeed often based on events that have happened or will happen, and most people (myself included) usually dream about something from the past or that we know is coming. But those are things in the person's conscious or subconscious memory, and involve the person having the information of what they are dreaming. In this case however, I dreamed a place I haven't seen or had any hints about to the smallest architectural detail... precise information that couldn't have existed anywhere in my brain at that time. Logically, that means it came from somewhere somehow. And since I know there aren't any gods sending rewards or messages or anything, it can only mean this is part of a system that hasn't been debunked yet... but which will probably be an amazing discovery once it is!

And that's nice to know. I hope that research will get somewhere within the next years.

It's quite possible your memory is a bit retroactive, memories can be like that, a bit like dejavue (sp?)