activated carbon in bedroom

fresh

i read this from internet as follows :

disadvantage of activated carbon

It does stop absorbing once its saturated.. and could start to realease other harmfull gases if not replaced. You cant just put a carbon block in your room and expect it to adsorb air, it needs a pumping system or filtering system of some sort.

anyone here can tell me the above said is true ?

* if it is, how to use a pumping system or filtering system ?

* what is the simplest & most effective way to use activated carbon in bedroom ?

* activated carbon is safe to put in bedroom while people are sleeping ?

thanks.

i read this from internet as follows :

disadvantage of activated carbon

It does stop absorbing once its saturated.. and could start to realease other harmfull gases if not replaced. You cant just put a carbon block in your room and expect it to adsorb air, it needs a pumping system or filtering system of some sort.

Yes this is true, air must be moved through the carbon for it to work effectively. Yes carbon can release the very stuff it absorbed if it becomes saturated but in most cases this would not be a large problem.

anyone here can tell me the above said is true ?

* if it is, how to use a pumping system or filtering system ?

* what is the simplest & most effective way to use activated carbon in bedroom ?

* activated carbon is safe to put in bedroom while people are sleeping ?

thanks.

Commercial products using AC are available, duplicating them would be of doubtful value.

Yes AC is safe, unless you inhale it as fine dust.

What are you trying to do with AC?

Yes this is true, air must be moved through the carbon for it to work effectively. Yes carbon can release the very stuff it absorbed if it becomes saturated but in most cases this would not be a large problem.

Commercial products using AC are available, duplicating them would be of doubtful value.

Yes AC is safe, unless you inhale it as fine dust.

What are you trying to do with AC ?

AC (activated carbon) can get rid of methanal, cleanse and deoderize the indoor air .

but i felt my throat sore and very dry after i got up.... i doubt it can't be put in bedroom.

Edited by fresh

He may well mean methanal also known as formaldehyde.

Activated charcoal will absorb it but it's much better to get rid of whatever is creating it.

Fresh, this may sound like a silly question, but

what is the weather like?

If it's cold then that will often mean that the air is dry. That could cause a sore throat or make it worse.

• 1 year later...

but i feel my throat and nose are on fire next morning.

They say i should put it in the sun for 1 hour-2 hours to let off ** it absorbed (what they call ** ? (no idea).)