Pearly whites from swines

There's a short article in the latest issue of scientific american about a research team that removed molars from six-month old pigs and disolved them. Then they placed in scaffolding and placed into rats' abdomens to grow. In third weeks, two-millimeter molar crowns emerged complete with pulp chambers, root tips, layers of dentin and enamel. Pretty cool if you ask me. Maybe one day this will replace dentures :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Why can't we find a way where we don't have to brush our teeth! Maybe nano-bots that constantly roam each tooth removing plague, etc. All this science and we still need to care for our own teeth!

Originally posted by IMI

Why can't we find a way where we don't have to brush our teeth! Maybe nano-bots that constantly roam each tooth removing plague, etc. All this science and we still need to care for our own teeth!

Better than having them rot & infected.

:D:D:D:D

*notice my nice white teeth*

those are not your teeth, they are animated happy faces' teeth.

but I'm sure you have a nice pearly smile yourself;)

nanobots in your mouth would probably lead people to believe that they were being spied upon by the government, and therefore would break out in revolts against the government

it would also lead the government to believe it would be an easier way to spy on people;)

Yes IMI i vote for nanobots! How can i serve the campaign? Whether you believe it or not, your ARE being spied on by the government Dudde. I have faith there are pirates out there with a cure to the bondage, and i will join them. And we will not deny the evil government personal any nanobots, until they surrender to us! Or then would the pirates become the opressive square government? hmmmmmmmmmm, perplexing