Air Trecks

Jon13

• 2 weeks later...

Moseshatch, I know about alchemy and all, I skate aggressive and all as well. I suppose good job on designing your model, but as other people have asked, please ATLEAST post a picture of them, Tech specs. would be impressive, but I’m sure many people are doubting you, give us a peek. Either way, I am currently working on my own designs. Basic mechanical components would consist of a homopolar generator and a linear motor for the drive wheel set in a heliocentric ring <much like a low energy railgun>, would use currently available wheel designs with absolutely no modification, same bearings. It would be potentially powerful and completely customizable. Battery size would be up to the user and purpose, the generator would serve as a constant energy source, the motor would be used to assist, not for full power, lets not be lazy. Bulk of the skates would be electrical work, not mechanical, so lets get some electrical engineers in here, or if so inclined, PM me. My design would be easily controllable and fairly predictable, it would theoretically, for example allow a 30 MPH skater to obtain 40 MPH, using a 1/3 ratio <editable>. Whoever proposed using weight sensors, is spot on for my design, thank-you. Drive regulation system would be about as complex as a TI-86, and fully editable. All of this is theoretical at this point, but based on logic, a few simple additions would allow you to skate backwards, brake, jump without sudden acceleration unless desired, land, etc. In addition as stated before, completely customizable for just about any purpose. A mechanical concept has been worked through partially as well, requiring no electricity, but it requires many new parts, complexity, cost and weight. Still it would be even crazier than conventional Air-Treck concepts, incredible trick possibilities, basically vectoring forces on your feet, a very interesting concept.

Edited by antihippie
spelling errors

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys i have seen and i read Air Gear and its great show and i love the idea of the parts war...... Me and some other people from all around the world are trying to create a parts war with real A-T and everthing the founder of the site is making AT he has his design and is working on the first pair..... please check out this site if your interested in the real deal Parts War

http://www.partswar.proboards.com/

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Oh and also i know your all interested in the Air Treks and i know they will cost alot but AT should be something for everyone not just the rich and lucky it could be something that gives people a purpose in life and somethign to do get them off the streets and all the other bad stuff they do so please think about that

im a physics/design student not an engineer but if you are all serious about thias then make it easier for yourselves, to begin with at least.

why not take the battery away and put it in a backpack etc this will give you more room for motors and electrics in the boots. also it will mean you can make it bigger whist staying discreet.

i know that in the anime the shoes are triggered but weight but for a first prototype just get the things working and then worry about variable resistors to change output later because manipulating circuits is pretty easy. as far as the motors go there was a post about power tools which is a good idea on account of power to size ratio.

rather than trying to jump straight to trecks why not try to make mechanized blades, rather than working blind. to start just make the design as simple as possible which will probably mean that its cheaper as well.

Rome wasnt built in a day

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
ok so here is how it is... well im only 15 (not sure bout you) and I'm pretty good with mechanical stuff (good builder of sorts...also I rollerblade lots) and I think that with the right design modifications you really could make air treck (the motorized blades) plus if any one could maybe send me their own designs or schematics of how they think air trecks are built (doesnt really have to be) please do.. also the safety factor, really most people stopped caring about that a long time ago.

Dude if you want to find a design then try the original go to mangashare.com and type air gear and go to like the third one or google "Air gear air treck design" and it should pop up (but its in spanish)

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
Bro the motor must only be at the back wheel..

Actually the motors on both wheels but to accelerate you just add weight to the front wheel

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
im a physics/design student not an engineer but if you are all serious about thias then make it easier for yourselves, to begin with at least.

why not take the battery away and put it in a backpack etc this will give you more room for motors and electrics in the boots. also it will mean you can make it bigger whist staying discreet.

i know that in the anime the shoes are triggered but weight but for a first prototype just get the things working and then worry about variable resistors to change output later because manipulating circuits is pretty easy. as far as the motors go there was a post about power tools which is a good idea on account of power to size ratio.

rather than trying to jump straight to trecks why not try to make mechanized blades, rather than working blind. to start just make the design as simple as possible which will probably mean that its cheaper as well.

Rome wasnt built in a day

dude the motor is in the middle of the wheel the battery just makes it rotate

• 1 month later...

I'm 16 and and im good with all related with air gear or air treck (AT).You need to create a inverted electric motor (the rotor is outside the stator)due to make the wheel rotate using the axis( i thought about using the axis as stator and the wheel itself as a rotor. But there would be a problem, in the serie it is said that the motor power is about 4Kw a you cant make that power with this electric. (or not?)

(sorry, i think i made mistakes in speling, im spanish and i dont know very much english)

• 4 months later...

I keep Dreaming about AT's like how they were construed if got an idea and I'm not vary technical

air trecks.bmp

So that's what it looks like

how about get valo tv2 skates:

post-34012-0-47426600-1291239609_thumb.jpg

And these Skate Are 100% Costomizeable

heres a graf

and Black 5050 frames

post-34012-0-89916900-1291239561_thumb.jpg

and if its wheel size cause At's in the anime are really BIG check this out

post-34012-0-87664600-1291240052_thumb.jpg

well my idea ended up making them more like the jet grind radio skate its not too bad but still it not like air gear ps

my idea was gonna be make your own wheels not putting a motor on em but still its a start

Actuly that real jet set radio is based on real agressive skateing post-34012-0-97868500-1291240065_thumb.jpg

here a real pic post-34012-0-10448600-1291239728_thumb.jpgand jsrfpost-34012-0-66910500-1291239795_thumb.jpg dont do graffiti.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello I'm trying to make a motorized rollerskate. if you've seen the show Air Gear, then, you know what i'm trying to make i don't know if their is some sort out in the market today but i would like to own a pair. or make a pair. doesn't matter. if anyone could help with this i would greatly apriciate it.

I may have an answer o your problem...ive been thinking of the same thing recently and perhaps try togenerate electric power with a magnet near the axle of one wheel. If you dont understand try removing the cover of a lawnmower and youll see what i mean.

Perhaps try an air pocket in the heal to jumpstart it just to keep the idea or ATs in ur design. Ive thought of making it out of an air-based engine however the onyl possible way to keep that running is to get to and maintaina speed of at least about 40mph.

• 2 months later...

Yo! U'll require high output motors like a miniature universal motor kind as it can provide high efficiency giving good enough speed

again, the electricity providing problem is there...^^

and as for the air powered engine, u require a comressed air cylinder which is pretty heavy n also cumbersome if u attach...lol

Edited by Grim Reaper

Yo! U'll require high output motors like a miniature universal motor kind as it can provide high efficiency giving good enough speed

again, the electricity providing problem is there...^^

and as for the air powered engine, u require a comressed air cylinder which is pretty heavy n also cumbersome if u attach...lol

Yo! LOL!

Absolutely.

Couldn't agree more.

You're stating the obvious... so it's really hard to disagree. LOL! :eyebrow:

Anyway, it's really cool that all you kids like the air trecks. I hope some of you are learning some real engineering in the meantime. I really hope that some of you are doing calculations on the power requirements, battery life or torque - to name some random keywords... and not just being cool on the forums.

like, even if we choose the universal motor...theres a prob as u noe, torque = current x area x magnetic field x no of turns...

increasin either wud cause a prob except for increasin magnetic field n for that again we need high electricity supply n thats possible is we use mini batteries same as aircrafts as they are light weight, n high output providers...but expensive

still for the thing, using nano or micro-tech building universal motor wud be best idea as they r 1 of the most effecient output providers

• 3 weeks later...

1. Electric engines have their specifications in watts or kilowatts. Only combustion engines are generally specified in horsepowers... do you want combustion engines strapped to your feet, or do you prefer electricity?

2. Just look up how much a horsepower exactly is (hint: it's close to 750 W), and calculate it yourself. :)

So here is some math

in the manga, the average speed of an AT is 45km/h=12.5 m/s (since is on rolerblades this a VERY GOOD speed!!!)

if you asume the AT wheel is 8 cm diameter, the angular speed is 12.5/0.04=312.5 rad/s=2984 rpm

i'm 95 kg , so my weight force is 95*9.81=931.9 N

the wheel needs to have a torque of 931.9*.04=37.3 N.m

the engine power then is 37.3*312.5=116581 W=156 hp

so............

i need an engine that fits under my shoes with:

- Power: 160 hp

- Torque: 37-40 N.m

if you guys find one let me know ok!?

NOTE: this is for an average stock AT not regalia!!!

• 3 weeks later...

just a suggestion

a similar mechanism to a wind motor

as the front wheel rotates it gathers energy same way as a wind up toy but transfers that energy to a motor connected to the back wheel

when pressure is applied to the back wheel the motor is set off creating a burst of speed

this system is good because while the motor is running

the front wheel is still collecting energy to transfer

this is a completely different concept to the air treck motor but should create a similar result

will post schematics soon

• 2 weeks later...

TO : Jon13 and ANYBODY else who actually builds a prototype !!!!

PLEEEZE!! get someone with nerves of steel to video your maiden flight!!!! Myself and CaptainPanic REALLY want it for our video collections, and we don't want it spoiled when the cameraman tosses the camera and runs to call 911 - Hahahahahahaha!

Jon13 hasn't logged in since May 27, 2008... I don't think he will answer your question soon.

You think he tried to test-fly his prototype?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I keep Dreaming about AT's like how they were construed if got an idea and I'm not vary technical

air trecks.bmp

So that's what it looks like

how about get valo tv2 skates:

post-34012-0-47426600-1291239609_thumb.jpg

And these Skate Are 100% Costomizeable

heres a graf

and Black 5050 frames

post-34012-0-89916900-1291239561_thumb.jpg

and if its wheel size cause At's in the anime are really BIG check this out

post-34012-0-87664600-1291240052_thumb.jpg

Actuly that real jet set radio is based on real agressive skateing post-34012-0-97868500-1291240065_thumb.jpg

here a real pic post-34012-0-10448600-1291239728_thumb.jpgand jsrfpost-34012-0-66910500-1291239795_thumb.jpg dont do graffiti.

now are these completly working at's if so could u post a video?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...