Maxwell's Equations

reerer

§ 21. Maxwell's Equations

With the method developed in the derivation of the equations of the atomic orbitals allows for the derivation of Maxwell's equations and Maxwell's structure of light. Maxwell's electric curl equation is derived using Faraday's wire loop  induction effect represented with the magnetic flux (fig 15),

emf = - ʃʃ (dB/dt)· dA...........................................62

A second wire loop emf equation is used that represents the internal electric field E that forms the wire loop emf,

emf = ʃ E · dl.......................................................63

Equating equations 75 and 76,

ʃ E · dl = - ʃʃ (dB/dt)· dA.......................................64

Using Stokes' theorem (Hecht, p. 649),

ʃ E · dl = - ʃʃ (∇ x E)· dA......................................65

Equating equations 77 and 78,

- ʃʃ(dB/dt)· dA = ʃʃ (∇ x E)· dA.............................66

Maxwell electric curl equation is derived using equation 79,

∇ x E = - dB/dt...................................................67

Faraday's induction effect depicts an internal electric field (E) that only forms within the conduction wire represented in equation 76 yet Maxwell's electric curl equation (equ 80) is used to represent an electric field of an electromagnetic light wave that exists in the open space outside the conduction wire which violates Faraday's induction law. In addition, the magnetic flux of Faraday's induction effect is pointing in the direction of the propagation which represents a longitudinal magnetic wave; consequently, Maxwell's electric curl equation cannot be used to derive the electromagnetic wave equations of light that represent a transverse wave.

Don't think I've replied to any of your posts before, but you seem to be struggling with undergraduate level Maths and Physics.

When using the equation numbering system which is a very good idea, it is also a good idea to match the numbering of the equations to the statements about them to avoid such howlers as

5 hours ago, reerer said:

Making allowance for this, it seems you somehow believe that physical conducting wires (in a loop) are required for electrical and magnetic effects and that they cannot occur in free space.

I can only suggest you go right back to the laws of Coulomb and Oersted and start again.

From your text, I cannot determine your question, if you have one, so if you would like to spell out any question we can perhaps work through it.

Hecht's derivation of Maxwell's equations is based on Faraday's induction effect; therefore, when we are discussing Hecht's derivation of Maxwell's equations we only use Faraday's induction effect. Is that correct? Please, stay on topic. The question is --  does Hecht's derivation violate Faraday's induction effect that is based on only an internal electric field (electric current). Again, stay on topic which is Faraday's induction effect. So, you are limited to Faraday's induction effect that Hecht is using and rather a field within a volume can form a transverse wave.

17 hours ago, reerer said:

emf = - ʃʃ (dB/dt)· dA...........................................62

A second wire loop emf equation is used that represents the internal electric field E that forms the wire loop emf,

emf = ʃ E · dl.......................................................63

ʃ E · dl = - ʃʃ (dB/dt)· dA.......................................64

Using Stokes' theorem (Hecht, p. 649),

ʃ E · dl = - ʃʃ (∇ x E)· dA......................................65

Since you wish to be rude and I am struggling with the latency of this forum (again) I will be blunt.

The above quote in your OP is bunkum since you have no equations 75 and 76.

Further my comment on conducting wires was very much on topic since you mentioned it at least twice in your OP.

1 hour ago, studiot said:

The above quote in your OP is bunkum since you have no equations 75 and 76.

There is no "fig. 15" either. He has obviously just copied and pasted it here. I doubt he even knows what all those strange symbols mean.

Reerer, feel free to prove me wrong and (a) tell us where you copied this from and (b) explain, in your own words, what each of those equations means.

Or, better yet, admit you have been rumbled and go and pester another forum.

Edited by Strange

!

Moderator Note

Methodology FTW! 

reerer, if I see any more of these "This concept I misunderstand is WRONG!" threads, they'll be closed immediately. It would be different if you learned anything, but it's obvious you don't. Try asking questions if you don't understand something. That's what discussion is all about. Thread closed.