is meat unhealthy?

jfoldbar

Pigs, chickens and cows have the largest populations of animals on the world (over 1 bln pieces per year born), just because they are human food source...

Many unwanted as food unlucky species extincted.

If population of humans will be growing at the same rate as today, the all animals will die, because they will be eaten by human. Not only currently eatable, but the all, including insects.

9 minutes ago, EdEarl said:

Oh, tell my Doctor, who recommended veganism for my health. Since starting a vegan diet, my blood pressure normalized (120/70ish), even though I'm over 300 lbs.

Wow. You're double me, or more..

I am afraid that vegan/vegetarian diet won't help you much.

Dumbbells and every single day exercises (that takes 10-20 minutes, but extensive like 20 kg dumbbells weight lifting 200 times), is the only reasonable way to lost weight, and stay that way for the end of your life.

15 minutes ago, EdEarl said:

I kill bugs in the house and have cats to eliminate mice.

I would persuade cat that mice is his/her the best friend instead.. ;)

10 minutes ago, Sensei said:

Wow. You're double me, or more..

I am afraid that vegan/vegetarian diet won't help you much.

Dumbbells and every single day exercises (that takes 10-20 minutes, but extensive like 20 kg dumbbells weight lifting 200 times), is the only reasonable way to lost weight, and stay that way for the end of your life.

5lb each hand, and lift (curls 1000, above head 500) times, working towards 8lbs each. Doubt I'll increase weight much more. About half the reps every other day.

I think what you mean by, "diet won't help much," is generally true. One must cut calories, not merely eat different foods, to loose weight. As I've eaten vegan, I've cut calories by avoiding fats, sugars, and dense protein, like meat, which are higher in calories per weight and volume than carbs. I usually have a salad for evening meal, and that seems to reduce my hunger. Maybe it is an illusion, but I am loosing weight. My doctor says it's not an illusion.

No, don't cut eaten calories. Increase calories that body is burning, during physical exercise (or during regular life).

The largest muscles you have the more energy they need (during exercises). Fat cells don't require a lot of energy for life.

Burn fat cells, replace them by muscle cells. They will have the same weight, but smaller volume (causing illusion of not having any progress).

If somebody is suddenly cutting eaten calories, body "thinks" that there is "starvation time".

If you play with dumbbells, say making 20 repetitions of some exercise, and you don't feel anything (not exhausted),

it means it's about time to increase weight by attaching more weight to them (therefor you need 20 kg dumbbells with 2.5 kg/5 kg/10 kg/20 kg, replaceable plates).

See what guy is doing at the beginning:

Do it with 5 kg dumbbells,

if after 20 repetitions, you don't feel exhausted, replace by 10 kg, then by 20 kg..

20 kg * 20 repetitions = 400 kg * 5 series in a day = 2 tons per day.

Edited by Sensei

12 minutes ago, EdEarl said:

5lb each hand, and lift (curls 1000, above head 500) times, working towards 8lbs each. Doubt I'll increase weight much more. About half the reps every other day.

I think what you mean by, "diet won't help much," is generally true. One must cut calories, not merely eat different foods, to loose weight. As I've eaten vegan, I've cut calories by avoiding fats, sugars, and dense protein, like meat, which are higher in calories per weight and volume than carbs. I usually have a salad for evening meal, and that seems to reduce my hunger. Maybe it is an illusion, but I am loosing weight. My doctor says it's not an illusion.

You absolutely do what works for you. .. you have a purpose. I hope you achieve your goal.