Imagination is more important than knowledge

Itoero

On 7/9/2017 at 8:37 PM, Itoero said:

Can you get knowledge without communication?

Yes, nobody had to tell me fire is hot I found out for myself.

On 7/9/2017 at 8:37 PM, Itoero said:

Communication is the act of conveying intended meanings from one entity or group to another through the use of mutually understood signs and semiotic rules.

Some are better at it than others, that doesn't depend on knowledge.

I think imagination is the wrong word. If I was asking to imagine a car that could fly or a house that could be submerged underwater I would do so using knowledge I already have to a great extent. Desire or an urge is required to get people thinking beyond the limits of what they know. Imagination is just a tool heavily associated with knowledge. Urges can be without knowledge. Surely humans initially scavenged the body of a bison realizing they provided ample food. Then later when there was none to scavenged the urge for food drove humans to imagine a way to kill a bison. The urge had to come first though. The drive to accumulate the required knowledge to accomplish what until that point hadn't been accomplishable.  

36 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Yes, nobody had to tell me fire is hot I found out for myself.

Some are better at it than others, that doesn't depend on knowledge.

True but you need to have interaction with fire to know it's hot..unless it's innate.

This interaction is a form of communication.