Cure for cancer

Raider5678

Alright, here's the link.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/600763/10-breakthrough-technologies-2016-immune-engineering/

The source is from the university of MIT, so I'm assuming its much more trust worthy then crack pot science sites.

"The technique has now been tested in more than 300 patients, with spectacular results, often resulting in complete remission. "

The process, in short, edits T-Cells with a virus and then inserting them into the blood stream, it allows the body to actively find and eliminate cancer cells, effectively curing it.

Hopefully, this process will be able to be applied to all cancer types, other then just leukemia. But even if it is just leukemia, it would save 60,000 lives every year.

Please tell me if I'm wrong, and this isn't a cure.

Edited by Raider5678

Immunotherapy for various cancer types is currently a hot topic with some promising results. They have to be highly adapted, and some variations require developing and tailoring them for each patient. While promising, it still remains to be seen whether they can be successfully used as a generalized therapy for certain cancer forms.

A friend of mine just had a small tumor from his lung removed.... they went in through the keyhole and zapped it with a microwave laser apparently. (I guess that should be maser). They have a camera on the end and they burn the whole thing out. I hope they got it all and it doesn't come back. :-(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.