Ill take "Things I put in my eye." for 400, Alex

Callipygous

Hahahaha :rolleyes:. No, we were playing a campfire game. Kind of like Friends, you know, when joey and chandler speak of the game "fireball," crossed with hotpotato. There were six of us, and the game got out of hand (marshmallows, apples, c.c.raisins flying EVERYWHERE). I'm just glad the bird wasn't on fire too. :eek:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That time with the mace was pretty bad :rolleyes: j/k

A splinter (from a wooden fence) can be savage. The more you try to get it out, the more it cuts and scratches.

Kind of like Friends, you know, when joey and chandler speak of the game "fireball," crossed with hotpotato. There were six of us, and the game got out of hand (marshmallows, apples, c.c.raisins flying EVERYWHERE).
It's all so funny till someone gets hurt [/fatherly homily].

Another unashamed Friends fan, right on! Some people think Friends is the most painful thing you can put in your eye....

That time with the mace was pretty bad j/k
My dad and his work buddies were maced for police training. One passed out, half started bawling like babies, including a 250 pound ex-cage fighter.

Another unashamed Friends fan, right on!
Damn right, Friends rocked, especially Chandler. That sitcom was the best of the best, ranking with Stargate SGI, SG Atlantis, Lost, and the Simpsons.

Back on topic

I also have caught an ember from a fire in my eye, and squished cricket juice.

It's all so funny till someone gets hurt [/fatherly homily].

Another unashamed Friends fan' date=' right on! Some people think [i']Friends[/i] is the most painful thing you can put in your eye....

Another one right here...I loved that episode!

Hahahaha :rolleyes:. No, we were playing a campfire game. Kind of like Friends, you know, when joey and chandler speak of the game "fireball," crossed with hotpotato. There were six of us, and the game got out of hand (marshmallows, apples, c.c.raisins flying EVERYWHERE). I'm just glad the bird wasn't on fire too. :eek:

oh dear sweet jesus... please tell me this didnt take place in one of my beloved national parks.

some of my fondest memories include flaming marshmallows in one way or another. one of the better ones would have to be when the adult i called upon to extinguish my marshmallow did so by whipping the stick so fast that it went flying off into the woods. luckly the velocity was such that it was only flaming for the first half of its flight.

i count myself lucky that i havent experienced some of the things i have heard here, the solder resin sounds particularly bad, but i think my jalepeno juice is still up there... had me screaming in the bathroom anyway... (anyone else notice it seems to come in waves?)

oh dear sweet jesus... please tell me this didnt take place in one of my beloved national parks.
A desert actually (a hundred and twenty thousand square miles of dry kindling :eek: )

We used the forests to play with an honest to gods flamethrower and grenade launcher, military grade on both counts.

A desert actually (a hundred and twenty thousand square miles of dry kindling :eek: )

groan...

at least there tends to be large gaps with nothing but sand, right?

although, on a windy day that makes little difference.

Don't worry, we were responsible, chased down every stray throw, then spent ten minutes or so searching for any embers before bed.

lol...

yes, it was incredibly responsible to toss around flaming bits of food in a giant tinderbox. while im sure you didnt burn anything down, because you would surely know about it now, if one of your "stray throws" had actually hit something flamable odds are you wouldnt be putting it out in time.

the people who lit a little patch of grass on fire to see how fast it would burn, only to watch it spread to the next patch of grass (also known as a "field") in about one and a half seconds, thought they were being responsible too because they had a water bottle handy.

/mom mode off

Hehe, we always choose and open rocky space of about forty feet, and i personally smack anyone who throws too close to the border. I know it's probably very dumb :-( , but with a pyro-cop and an equally nuts firefighter in my family and "freindly", we don't have much choice :embarass: . Fire is like breathing. And we bring water pistols, LOL (we always have extinguishers, real ones)

---------------------- --------------- ---------- ---

Has anyone ever gotten extinguisher foam in their eyes? That would probably hurt.

Hehe, we always choose and open rocky space of about forty feet, and i personally smack anyone who throws too close to the border. I know it's probably very dumb, but with a pyro-cop and an equally nuts firefighter in my family and "freindly", we don't have much choice. Fire is like breathing. And we bring water pistols, LOL (we always have extinguishers)

well yes, it was obviously very dumb... even aside from the fire danger. how else would you describe tossing flaming chocolate covered raisins at people?

ive lit off my share of fireworks in forests... i think i can out do you though, we had a full blown firehose waiting. :D

That raisin was a blatant breach of the game rules :mad: . The offender was properly beaten, as according to woodland law.

Yay for fireworks, exept, as a small child of three, I burnt my hand with a sparkler :-( . I still remember the agony. Hmmm, a sparkler in the eye, that would really suck.

That raisin was a blatant breach of the game rules. The offender was properly beaten, as according to woodland law.

your suggesting this game had rules? and ones that limited what could be lit and tossed, no less?! HA, like im gonna buy that...

anyone here ever have your pupil shattered by a flying staple? ive only heard stories.

Slithers of glass in my eye, very unpleasant. When I was 7 I had a full size pane of glass broken over my head (long story). Anyway, spent 12 hours in hospital while they removed the glass from my eyes and lips and stiched my forehead!!

your suggesting this game had rules? and ones that limited what could be lit and tossed, no less?! HA, like im gonna buy that...
Not what could be tossed, but when you could toss and where you culd toss it. The rules were mainly set into place by us girls (we fear for our hair). There are procedures to prevent severe mutilation, but the raisins are among our favorite ammo

Has anyone suffered permanent damage from their eye wounds?

Has anyone suffered permanent damage from their eye wounds?

Arrrr, well matey, after I fell in the ocean and a shark bit off me hand and me leg, I was fitted for a pegleg and a hook. Then a seagull pooped in me eye and I tried to wipe it off and lost the whole damn eye.

It was me first day with the hook.

Arrrrrr.

(we fear for our hair)

:D;)

i recovered fine from the jalepeno juice, but when i decided to use my telescope to fry ants... thats a whole other story...

everything is a little blurrier out of my right eye, not sure if its actually related.

:D;)

i recovered fine from the jalepeno juice' date=' but when i decided to use my telescope to fry ants... thats a whole other story...

everything is a little blurrier out of my right eye, not sure if its actually related.[/quote']

Oh man...how...?! :D

Oh man...how...?! :D

well, you see, you have to focus it...

step one is getting it pointed at the sun, note that i was a rather intelligent child and thus decided not to use the main telescope for this part (that would be stupid! i could hurt my eyes...) and instead decided to use the smaller, less powerful, view finder attached to the side. i even used plain sight to start, only using the view finder once i was close.

i figured it out real quick though...

doesnt seem to have done lasting damage, at the time i thought it might have. you know that wierd spot you get in your vision from staring at one thing too long, or *ehem* looking at a very bright light? that lasted several hours and was far more pronounced than in most cases.

(i totally understand if you all choose not to read any more of my posts for fear of catching stupid)