my science class

Doc Who (Jr)

i have suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch a dumb science class, i wanna move up so im tryna get good grades in my modular exams, i love science but my class is soooooooooo stupid particularly dis girl, she dont even understand periods and atom shells (and this is after her THIRD explanation!!!) neone else have same problem?

i have suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch a dumb science class, i wanna move up so im tryna get good grades in my modular exams, i love science but my class is soooooooooo stupid particularly dis girl, she dont even understand periods and atom shells (and this is after her THIRD explanation!!!) neone else have same problem?

What grade are you in?

Don't worry about people like that. It's not their fault, learning is not easy for everyone. Just worry about yourself. Teach more advanced subjects to yourself (I'm ammuming your taking chemistry) if school is boring you!

Yup, I have exactly the same thing! And I'm in top set so have to put up with it or move down and with even dumber people!

What can ya do?

people are getting fatter and dumber and crime and violence is up.... pretty screwed up world basically.

But hey, what can ya do? Go into politics/army/police and try and sort it out or just live your life around em... teach yourself etc. this site is quite good for that, you hear things and then you can just go off and learn about em.

Just don't lose out coz they are dumb... books and internet and teachers will normally be nice if you talk to em after lessons or in your own time etc.

You're doing GCSE? Be sooo careful on the courseworks, that's where everyone goes down, you need like 28/30 to get A* and that it soo hard really that IS where you will lose your marks no matter how amazing you are at it, so do it well!

I like my science calss. Nobody knwos anything, including the teacher. I pointed out one day that she was wrong (about the method in which the bang banged; inflation) and ever sense I've been her favorite student? I brought in some books to prove my cass :rolleyes:

It's really easy, and that's what I like about it. No sense in going to a harder science (this is honors) just to do more work. Not that I'm a slacker or anything ;)

Yup' date=' I have exactly the same thing! And I'm in top set so have to put up with it or move down and with even dumber people!

What can ya do?

people are getting fatter and dumber and crime and violence is up.... pretty screwed up world basically.

But hey, what can ya do? Go into politics/army/police and try and sort it out or just live your life around em... teach yourself etc. this site is quite good for that, you hear things and then you can just go off and learn about em.

Just don't lose out coz they are dumb... books and internet and teachers will normally be nice if you talk to em after lessons or in your own time etc.

You're doing GCSE? Be sooo careful on the courseworks, that's where everyone goes down, you need like 28/30 to get A* and that it soo hard really that IS where you will lose your marks no matter how amazing you are at it, so do it well![/quote']

well i cant go into army/police cos of my hearing impairment, and i dont want to work in an environment where nobody knos nething bout their job (i.e. politics) so i have decided to aim for a career in science (thats why i joined SFN) yay!!

There was a girl in my a-level phyics class who is currently on a year out before doing a physics degree, she had retaken GCSE physics 3 times, and when I knew her it was her 4th resit of the a-level, which she had never passed :'(

Every university-level science class I have taken has a few token students who have trouble understanding the material. Its not their fault, really, just be patient and learn try and supplement the class with other matieral.

Yup, same problem here, but I don't really care. I just teach myself. After all, teaching yourself is a skill.....

However, my teachers are not stupid. They are excellent, well educated people whom I hold in high regard. I challenged Science 10 (I am in Grade 9 right now), so next year I will be doing Physics 11 and Chemistry 11.

Try something like that in your school.

Every university-level science class I have taken has a few token students who have trouble understanding the material. Its not their fault, really, just be patient and learn try and supplement the class with other matieral.

I have known a few people like that who turned out to be very good at another subject.

However, my teachers are not stupid. They are excellent, well educated people whom I hold in high regard.

Same here, both my teachers have a PhD in their subject.... although admitedly after several years teaching in a secondary school one of them has forgotten some of his PhD level knowledge! (but i spose it happens and you cant really blame him)

A slow fellow student is nowhere near as irritating as a

ignorant teacher.

Fortunately all our current lecturers are very good and have

all worked in the industry they are teaching us about.

Cheers.

well i guess i wasn't really saying my science teachers were stupid wat i meant was the actual class, sum of them are really stupid and btw can neone help me a bit on electron configurations i gotta do it for homework and i finally feel i can settle down with guys like you cos i like the same thing. (but i still don't feel comfortable at the moment cos i kno bugger all compared to u lot)

When you say your fellow classmates are stupid.

Do you mean

a) They carry on a lot and disrupt the class?

b) They don't know a lot compared to you?

Cheers.

I mean that they disrupt the class quite a lot. Sometimes we barely learn anything due to them. I don't know how other people take it though.

What do you mean by "They carry on a lot"???

• Yelling

• Screaming and whooping.

• High volume chatter.

• Jumping up and running around class.

• Dragging the "nerdy" kids out of class and thumping them.

• Throwing objects around the room.

Basically acting like a bunch of hyperactive 5 year olds tanked to

the gills on caffiene, red food dye and sugar.

Cheers.

What do you mean by "They carry on a lot"???

Yelling

Screaming and whooping.

High volume chatter.

Jumping up and running around class.

Dragging the "nerdy" kids out of class and thumping them.

Throwing objects around the room.

Basically acting like a bunch of hyperactive 5 year olds tanked to

the gills on caffiene' date=' red food dye and sugar.

Cheers.[/quote']

Yup, you are missing drugs though ;):D

You're GCSE.... I think.... if so then all you really need to know for GCSE is that electrons arrange themselves in "shells" and they fill up in order, so 1st shell has a maximum of 2 electrons, then 8, then 8 again... and that's all you really need to know.

If you go onto a more advance level there are s and p and d orbitals, if I just give you thise link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electron_configuration

and if you want more info you can ask, or better make a new thread in physics so others see it.