Rape Repellent

Flareon

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch! No thanks. It looks like it might hurt the user as well as the offender. Try a dog or a gun. (No smart remarks about the dog or the gun. I mean use them as a defensive or deterrent measure.)

Well it does not hurt the user as the site said. Does it hurt the user Flareon?

Well, the device is fictional, so in accordance with the intentions of the creator, I would have to assume that it doesn't harm the wearer.

However, as Coral pointed out, yes that would be a tricky manuver.

I thought we could discuss rape-repellents, their practicality and their possible implications.

My personal opinions on this would be that it wouldn't realy work as a deterant. Why? First, as Obnoxious already mentioned, rapists may learn to check for and remove the device. Second, rape is about violence first, sexual gratification second, therfore the perp may just as well enjoy beating the life out of the victim wihtout penetration. The device may even have lent the woman a false sense of empowerment, which incidentally could have led her into a questionable situation in the first place.

So, is there a better measure against rape? If so, what would be an option?

My personal opinions on this would be that it wouldn't realy work as a deterant. Why? First' date=' as Obnoxious already mentioned, rapists may learn to check for and remove the device. Second, rape is about violence first, sexual gratification second, therfore the perp may just as well enjoy beating the life out of the victim wihtout penetration. The device may even have lent the woman a false sense of empowerment, which incidentally could have led her into a questionable situation in the first place.

So, is there a better measure against rape? If so, what would be an option?[/quote']

Gavin de Becker's book The Gift of Fear gives lots of good advice. He basically says to trust your instincts/intuitions.

I have never been raped (I am in my fifties) but there have been a four close calls. In one instance, I threatened to tell my boyfriend's brother (my boyfriend was in the service). My boyfriend's brother had a small town reputation was one mean fella in a fight. So the guy let me go.

In another instance, I threatened to tell his wife.

In another instance, I had taken a ride from a guy to a tire place (I had a flat) when he he began to demand sexual payment. I simply told him I had given his license plate to the convenience store clerk. (true)

In yet another instance when I was in my teens, a man had taken me way out to the country and told me to put out or start walking. I aimed my eyes to the distant lights of town and started walking.

Note that in all instances, I was able to call these guys bluff (if indeed they were bluffing) so I would say unless a guy is holding a gun or a knife on you, be assertive.

(I am not sure I agree with you that rape is solely a crime of violence. At one time I thought that but now I have some doubts.)

Well' date=' the device is fictional, so in accordance with the intentions of the creator, I would have to assume that it doesn't harm the wearer.

However, as Coral pointed out, yes that would be a tricky manuver.

I thought we could discuss rape-repellents, their practicality and their possible implications.

My personal opinions on this would be that it wouldn't realy work as a deterant. Why? First, as Obnoxious already mentioned, rapists may learn to check for and remove the device. Second, rape is about violence first, sexual gratification second, therfore the perp may just as well enjoy beating the life out of the victim wihtout penetration. The device may even have lent the woman a false sense of empowerment, which incidentally could have led her into a questionable situation in the first place.

So, is there a better measure against rape? If so, what would be an option?[/quote']

Carry a Uzi sub-machine gun, or a pistol. ;)

But that brings us into another delicate area....gun ownership.

Carry a Uzi sub-machine gun' date=' or a pistol. ;)

But that brings us into another delicate area....gun ownership.[/quote']

There I depart from my usual liberal opinion. However, guns do you no good if you don't know how to use them, when to use them, and are not willing to pull the trigger on another human being.

It's more trouble than its worth. I'd prefer a Tazer and an envenomed switch-blade any day.

As for guns, the types available should be limited, as well as who gets um (license system?). Break a law? No more gun privelages. People are just too stupid to be trusted without mandatory annual training and re-training.

poo yourself. apparently it puts them off (seriously).

other than that, scratch/poke the eyes, bite nose or any other delecate area that presents itself, grab and squeze bolox, knee the groin, strike throat, headbutt nose or if wearing high-heels stamp on foot. remember that the man may well be biger than you, so donot attempt to beat him in a fight, run away. if he has hold of you, use the above techniques to make him let go and then run.

oh and scream.

if he has a knife, id assume you should try screaming(not sure tho). i assume someone would rather flee the scene of a screaming woman than the scene of a murder, but if he has his knife to your throat its probably best to aquiest - rape is not as bad as death, and if you struggle the knife may go in accidentaly, so whether he was bluffing or not is irrelevent.

if it concerns you overly, learn a martial art but make sure it is the correct one. ie, whilst huge phisical size is not nessesary in boxing it is definately an advantage, and also once pinned down on the floor it is hard to box as such, so boxing would not be a good choice. karata and tae kwon do also tend to get redused to uselessness if you are grabbed from behind.

i would recommend wing chun (originally created by a woman, and relies more on speed and acurately plased punches than power; also was modified in a chinese revelution for speed of learning(becomes useful after about a month of training)); ju jitsu (good for grappling, ie if you are grabbed -- do not learn judo as you will not get taught how to stop people getting back up and chasing you); or, if your willing to put alot of effort into it, shoulin (anyone seen ling xiouyu from tekken. shes not actually that overexadgerated) or ninjitsu, also good for the not-amazingly-muscular but takes a while to become proficient in.

but yeah, if you remember one sentance id say: scream, run, and gouge their eyes out if they try and stop you. and bite.

I have never been raped (I am in my fifties) but there have been a four close calls. In one instance' date=' I threatened to tell my boyfriend's brother (my boyfriend was in the service). My boyfriend's brother had a small town reputation was one mean fella in a fight. So the guy let me go.

In another instance, I threatened to tell his wife.

In another instance, I had taken a ride from a guy to a tire place (I had a flat) when he he began to demand sexual payment. I simply told him I had given his license plate to the convenience store clerk. (true)

In yet another instance when I was in my teens, a man had taken me way out to the country and told me to put out or start walking. I aimed my eyes to the distant lights of town and started walking.

Note that in all instances, I was able to call these guys bluff (if indeed they were bluffing) so I would say unless a guy is holding a gun or a knife on you, be assertive.[/quote']

By using your head, you didn't even have to get your hands dirty. I admire your feminine wiles and strength. :)

By using your head, you didn't even have to get your hands dirty. I admire your feminine wiles and strength. :)

Thanks. It is probably only fair to add that my mother is a rather tough gal who taught me not to trust men. This has sometimes interfered with me developing a decent social life. :embarass:

Well, the best way to prevent against rape is to inhumanly ugly.

Obnoxious, back on the ranch we had a specific implement for the technique I suspect you are proposing. The problem was, someone had to rope the calf and another had to hold him down, while yet another performed the operation. They bawled and kicked through the whole thing.

actually iv always been curiouse, having had the misfortune of experiensing a lover sneeze mid-coitos, as to wether it would be possible to squeeze so hard as to deter the rapist?

I think a good repellant would be to put on an artificial penis, that way if a guy wanted to rape a girl, when he saw the artificial penis, he would think she was a he, and be totally disgusted and pissed off.

This wouldn't work if a whole bunch of people started doing it, but a prostetic penis would work if not a whole lot of people knew about it.

Also, that would be a neat invention, the chomper, women insert it, and it has to be uninserted but anyone can have sex, when a guy tries to stick his penis in there, it cuts it off. The only way you would be able to deactivate, and cause it to deattach from the insides of a woman, would be to go home to her house, and use the deactivator, which requires a password and what not.

I can see abuse of this happening all the time, a girl ask a guy she doesn't like to $@!# her, then he loses his penis. When the guy tries to prosecute, the girl claims he tried to rape her. But it would certainly make guys think twice about trying to rape women.

I think I should market that. *Edit* I didn't read the first part of the post. when I said that.