theory help

i was wondering if it would be possible to find a formula for electromagnetism? and light? i am working on a project that requires them both.

also if anyone can give me any information on the two; i need to know if my theory could be right, that would be a real help. i am currently looking at the book Other Worlds.

if there is any one that can help me with finding the two formulas at the top of the page, i would greatly appreaciate it.

signed,

B. Bourget

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At what level of physics and mathematics are you. Your question is quite vague. For general applications, the formulas are those of Maxwell, known as the classical theory of electromagnetism. They can be used to govern electromagnetic propagation (light) as well as electromagnetic interaction as in electric circuits and devices.

This page explicity shows them in their normal forms:

http://rd11.web.cern.ch/RD11/rkb/PH14pp/node108.html

not really at a level as you put it ;) just some one who decide to start something that was interesting. as for being vauge....... i'm in a block and i didn't know how to get out of it. now that i know that my thory cannot be simplified into just electromagnitism and light, but severral other factors.

i'm using a high school library, can you tell me what books who be a real help to me for these equations? also school computers, so almost everything is blocked.

thankyou for your help

signed,

B. Bourget

Hmm... well to be frank, you are going to have to know calculus very well to understand the equations governing electromagnetics. I remember having a very difficult time with my last semesters class on Maxwell's Equations and Electromagnetics, even though I've already taken extensive mathematics including vector calculus and complex analysis. At the highschool level, I guess it'd be good to start off with concepts, I think the materials/equations you would find in AP Physics C would be of interest to you. You should ask your Physics teacher for sources. For light, you'll have to keep it completely conceptual. The planar wave equations governing electromagnetic propagation are even formidible to most college students. I don't know how to help you exactly, but if you do let us know what it is you want to know, I'm sure the kind people of this forum will be willing ot help.

that's the thing...... i'm not in college. i'm in highschool. i'm working on solving a riddle that has been around since Einstine's time. i have one other person helping me..... but i don't know wheather or not i'm getting closer. :confused: i want to know wheather Einstine's unification theory can be compleated.

all of this is for fun! because i have nothing better to do with my free time.

any help that you CAN give me........... i would appreciate greatly.

Singed,

a friend,

B. Bourget

thanks for the lead

i want to know wheather Einstine's unification theory can be compleated.

That's quite an ambition to say the least. The unification refers to the unification of the four known forces: gravity, electromagnetic, weak, and strong. Some 'general audience' books that you can read to give you a start on the subject of relativity, quantum physics (the attempted unification of quantum physics and relativity), and other crazy ideas would be:

A Brief History of Time

Stephen Hawking

Hyperspace

Michio Kaku

The Elegant Universe

Brian Greene

I remember seeing a couple of these books in my highschool library back 3 years ago, so I think that won't be a problem. Happy reading ;)

the school library doesn't have those books. trust me i've tried looking for them several times. they're in the computer just not on the shelves. and i have asked teachers for A Breif History of Time. no one has it or can't find it.

doesn't high school suck?! :confused::mad:

as for teachers i will ask around the science department for them. i have my boyfreind looking for them as well. and my helpful freind. i have made some progress in my search for the answer. but i just want to know wheather or not i'm close. that's my real problem. i asked one of my teachers to read what notes on the subject. maybe i shouldn't have asked an english teacher. she didn't get very far into my notes.

what to do?

signed,

a freind,

B. bourget

i'll check for the other books. and as for the four fundamental powers..... there is no real problem with them. it seems to boil down to electromagnitism. in one form or another...quarks and leptons/electrons

8:15-9:40 is when i'm on.

i was wondering if it would be possible to find a formula for electromagnetism? and light? i am working on a project that requires them both.

also if anyone can give me any information on the two; i need to know if my theory could be right' date=' that would be a real help. i am currently looking at the book Other Worlds.

if there is any one that can help me with finding the two formulas at the top of the page, i would greatly appreaciate it.

signed,

B. Bourget[/quote']

If you are just looking for formulae, google on "Maxwell's equations" for E&M, and light is an EM wave (classically, at least)

thank you. i will try the lead that you gave me.

signed,

B. Bourget

and as for the books that you gave me mez. i doubt very much that the library has them. that is one section that i am in all the time because of my senior project. i didn't see anything like that whne i had checked out 10 library books. but thank you ver much for you help on the books.

Einstine's unification theory may already be obselete, the link between gravity and electromagnetic forces contained within atomic mass appears to have already been found.

It seems that the link occurs within the fourth dimension (time?).

Apparently the velocity of the atom through the universe hadn't been considered.

See the dovada website.

Good luck with your project.

Signed

SpaceTime

Einstine's unification theory may already be obselete' date=' the link between gravity and electromagnetic forces contained within atomic mass appears to have already been found.

It seems that the link occurs within the fourth dimension (time?).

Apparently the velocity of the atom through the universe hadn't been considered.[/quote']

:confused: I have to call Whisky Tango Foxtrot on this one.

See the dovada website.

It's useful to actually provide a link when mentioning websites.

found?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i thought that it was never compleated!what website has the formula figured out? and should i still my two-cents onto the market? was all that for nothing? i thought i had some form of an answer.

gravity can be called a form of electromagnitsm. and what aboutht the other 2 fundamental powers? i think i have some form of an answer to his riddle.

can somehting be so simple that you need to find a complex way of explaining it?

and as for the link in atoms..................all things in life are held thogether by some level of gravity. from atoms..... to stars.

and as for the link in atoms..................all things in life are held thogether by some level of gravity. from atoms..... to stars.

No, gravity is pretty much insignificant on the atomic level.

No, gravity is pretty much insignificant on the atomic level.

Then if gravity is so insignicant how can gravity change the velocity and direction of all atomic matter?, and obviously the internal functions of the atomic matter?

Signed

SpaceTime

Then if gravity is so insignicant how can gravity change the velocity and direction of all atomic matter?' date=' and obviously the internal functions of the atomic matter?

Signed

SpaceTime[/quote']

He means that at close proximity (close enough that you'll be using AU-atomic units rather than cm or meters), the gravitation force is negligible compared to the electromagnetic or strong forces. Just try using the simple force equations (columb's law vs gravitation force equation), and see what ways more at sub nano scales.

Edit:

Oh, quick silver, the other guys are right. Einstein's original theory of unification is long gone. It has been proven impossible to do, but the search for one is still on through the forumalation of newer theories. You're best bet as of now is probably in String Theory, so I suggest you read up on that.

Hmmm... quick silver, you remind me plenty some time ago, but you have a big lack of science knowledge but, you have a nice imagination (reasoning ability) and i may suppose that your way of solving the riddle is in the relation of energy and matter but the real one with meassurements then you would have the relations of all energies, and all the world solved.

Well for the case you are looking for mmmm just tellme which formulas do you need...

Electromagnetism is inmense. just shoot your idea.

He means that at close proximity (close enough that you'll be using AU-atomic units rather than cm or meters), the gravitation force is negligible compared to the electromagnetic or strong forces. Just try using the simple force equations (columb's law vs gravitation force equation), and see what ways more at sub nano scales.

Tell me what the internal atomic wavelengths of a simple hydrogen atom is expected to be if it is travelling at 600,000 meters per second through the universe?

Some of us live in the real world.

Signed

SpaceTime

Then if gravity is so insignicant how can gravity change the velocity and direction of all atomic matter?' date=' and obviously the internal functions of the atomic matter?

Signed

SpaceTime[/quote']

i never said that it was insignificant......i never said that gravity could change anything. i just combined the two. they are almost the compleate opposit, yet in a way they are the same . the two forces repel each other and they(in a way) keep life in this universe. and as for imposible to do..........i just wanted to know for myself if it could be done. i found something else in it's place.

with what science knowledge i have...... i think i do pretty well with what little bit i have.i'm only in a hell hole of a high school. give me a break.

not tryingto be snippy,

just not having a good night and morning,

signed

B. Bourget

so that answers my question, that it cannot be done. no harm in trying

Hmmm... quick silver' date=' you remind me plenty some time ago, but you have a big lack of science knowledge but, you have a nice imagination (reasoning ability) and i may suppose that your way of solving the riddle is in the relation of energy and matter but the real one with meassurements then you would have the relations of all energies, and all the world solved.

Well for the case you are looking for mmmm just tellme which formulas do you need...

Electromagnetism is inmense. just shoot your idea.[/quote']

ok i really need to read every thing. it is one of those days where your brain is NOT working in the right way.

what i need:

all of the atomic weights.

the speed of light.

Hi QickSilver,

At no time did I ever question your excellent inquisitive mind, the answers you seek may not all yet have been printed in the formulas of the science books.

There is an excellent foundation available in the current text books, but keep your mind asking questions. There are many conflicting theories floating around and it is difficult to always know what is true or false.

The scientist of the world needs to have a questioning and open mind, and a lifetime to work in. Keep asking and be carefull of what people tell you, learn to think and question for yourself.

Use Google for example in the search window start your seach query with

define:xxxxx with xxxxx being what you want defined

I appologise if you feel that I may have been out of line, I just tried to keep the conversations honest.

Signed

SpaceTime

speed of light is 299,792,458 meters per second