Should child abuse be allowed?

6431hoho

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bettina, it's ok if you have opinions; state them if you wish, just heed phi's advice.

hoho, you must be mad. consider the benefits and disadvantages of abuse. are parents always right? are children always wrong when they oppose their parents in opinion?

Since I'm talking about discpline, the parent should decide what's enough and what's not.

Parents don't always know what is right. Teenagers should not be spanked for example. Too late for that. It can be difficult though. Discipline should fit the transgression.

Parents don't always know what is right. Teenagers should not be spanked for example. Too late for that. It can be difficult though. Discipline should fit the transgression.

And the child. It does no good to send an introverted, solitary child to her room.

My parents didn't abuse as much after I learned how to keep it to myself for the sake of both of us.

"hoho, you must be mad. consider the benefits and disadvantages of abuse. are parents always right? are children always wrong when they oppose their parents in opinion?"

You're right about everything. But parent knows what's good for you. Now if you don't agree, it's smart not to change their minds if you know they won't agree with you. If you think you might, why not try in a different time?

I don't beg for abuse, I said things to let others be aware what I'm talking about.

Yes, that's what he said.

Macroscopic, I'm guessing you don't realize how many countries allow child abuse (in school, home,activity)
So it's ok just because some countries allow it? You are aware that countries used to make it legal to torture someone for not believing a certain religion, right? So then, by your logic, that was ok?
abuse is used to teach discipline to the fools

That's not true. That means I could go up to you and start hitting you, and not get in any kind of trouble.

BTW, as Budullewraagh said, children are not fools. There are many who are smarter and more mature than you, and I'm not talking about the geniuses.

If children weren't fools, they would know how not to get abuses (such as not talking back if your parent don't allow it) Since most aren't, they need t accept their ignorance and learn

So, in other words, 'For children to avoid abuse, they must be their personal slave'.:mad: Seriously, getting abused for talking back?! You've got to be kidding me!

If the parent would do such a thing, (your list is unrealistic) they wouldn't just stop just because it's the law.

Murders happen all the time. However, the law says murder is illegal. The law doesn't stop murder, so should we just go ahead and legalize it because it didn't stop the murders from happening?

"You're right about everything. But parent knows what's good for you. Now if you don't agree, it's smart not to change their minds if you know they won't agree with you. If you think you might, why not try in a different time?"

dont preach to me. i am an agreeable kid; i dont protest certain unfound restrictions that are placed upon me. however, if my parents told me to jump off a cliff, then actually brought me to a cliff and brought me to the edge, i'd probably smack them up. any parent that refuses to understand their faults is not only overly arrogant, but also dangerous to their children. even if i were in such a situation, they would hear my dissent if it were called for.

"You're right about everything. But parent knows what's good for you. Now if you don't agree' date=' it's smart not to change their minds if you know they won't agree with you. If you think you might, why not try in a different time?"

dont preach to me. i am an agreeable kid; i dont protest certain unfound restrictions that are placed upon me. however, if my parents told me to jump off a cliff, then actually brought me to a cliff and brought me to the edge, i'd probably smack them up. any parent that refuses to understand their faults is not only overly arrogant, but also dangerous to their children. even if i were in such a situation, they would hear my dissent if it were called for.[/quote']

They probably wouldn't just suddenly decide to throw you off a cliff. Certain behaviors would precede such drastic action. For instance physical punishment or verbal abuse might have been a regular part of your life. If this were the case, you wouldn't be you and you have no way of knowing how you would act. People who are regularly abused lose a large part of their confidence and will.

"So it's ok just because some countries allow it? You are aware that countries used to make it legal to torture someone for not believing a certain religion, right? So then, by your logic, that was ok?"

-I'm pretty sure that their parents don't torture them because of their relgion.

"That's not true. That means I could go up to you and start hitting you, and not get in any kind of trouble.

BTW, as Budullewraagh said, children are not fools. There are many who are smarter and more mature than you, and I'm not talking about the geniuses."

1. you will get in trouble

2. I'm talking about parent and child abuse.

3. children are fools until they can defend themselves (as I have said, not being rude to your parent)

"So, in other words, 'For children to avoid abuse, they must be their personal slave'. Seriously, getting abused for talking back?! You've got to be kidding me!"

-Well, if you know your parent well enough and think that it's a possiblity, then you should be a personal slave (that means giving up your dignity? then yes)

"Murders happen all the time. However, the law says murder is illegal. The law doesn't stop murder, so should we just go ahead and legalize it because it didn't stop the murders from happening?"

-make some sense. Violence is not deterred. Those laws are there to use it in court.

If you are going to criticize people in this manner ever again, you will elaborate or you will refrain from posting, or you will[/u'] risk suspension of your account. Your choice of words is obviously inflammatory and begs an inflammatory post in response. If you have a problem with a person's response or opinion, give them a reason they can refute.
I didn't see any criticism, i just saw a statement.

What are the pos/cons for abusing a child?

Should it be allowed?

Do you have any facts to share with us?

I think that child abuse should be prohibited as much as possbile' date=' but I also think that children should obey their parents. After all, you owe everything to them.[/quote']I think all 3 questions are ridiculous. If you used the word "discipline" instead of "abuse", that would be a start. Then we could decide what the bounds of discipline are.

I think I'll discipline them enough that they will be able to see the boundaries and to get them into the college/university they want to get in.

As long as your discipline does not harm their minds, bodies, or spirits, sounds like a plan.

Will you know where that line is?

If you use your imagination, you can find what the pro for abusing a child might be Douglas. And second, if i used the word discipline, it's not as exciting.

*Smack* - Wow, I feel better! How about you?

"1. you will get in trouble

2. I'm talking about parent and child abuse.

3. children are fools until they can defend themselves (as I have said, not being rude to your parent)"

screw trouble; if people want to show their dissent, let them do so. once again, don't preach. no, you aren't talking about parent abuse; you never mentioned that before. define defense. oh, and define fool. really, this is an incredibly ignorant approach.

"Well, if you know your parent well enough and think that it's a possiblity, then you should be a personal slave (that means giving up your dignity? then yes)"

STOP PREACHING. do we need a restraining order? it is the duty of parents to raise their children to prepare them for life outside of the confines of their homes. children should not learn to be submissive drones; that's how capitalism and facism ruins populations.

"make some sense. Violence is not deterred. Those laws are there to use it in court."

learn english. there are laws against child abuse, mind you

"I didn't see any criticism, i just saw a statement."

it was a statement of criticism

"I don't see any relevence. Please be more realistic so that I can understand better. (bud's)"

if you use such extreme examples, i can give my own extremes.

"If you use your imagination, you can find what the pro for abusing a child might be Douglas. And second, if i used the word discipline, it's not as exciting."

why dont you enlighten me? im curious as to how abusing a child may be beneficial to anyone.

"I think I'll discipline them enough that they will be able to see the boundaries and to get them into the college/university they want to get in."

you have no idea how the admissions system works

"e.g. steals chocolate bar (should be prohibited before)

-hit their hands with wooden stick 5 times"

that just pisses them off and makes them beat up the kid down the street. it doesn't teach them why what they are doing is wrong. if they wish, they will continue to steal whatever they wish to steal, learning more evasive tactics. when they get older, they won't have to worry about being hit by their parents. hitting them doesnt teach them a blasted thing about how what they were doing is wrong. you need to tell a child why they are wrong, not just that they are wrong. ever read fight club? that's what certain philosophy can do to you. you obviously haven't the faintest clue about human psychology. i suggest you take a class or read a book on human psychology and reconsider your viewpoints

From my understanding, Japanese, Singaporean and Indian teachers and parents are allowed to child abuse. And probably many more and I think there are schools in Canada that allows it.

The parents get to choose if their child should be a fool or a civilized citizen