What is a pedophile?

I looked up the definition of prepubescent and found that it relates to kids 10 years old and even younger. So' date=' are you saying you are attracted to 10 year old or younger boys? How young?

Bettina[/quote']

My attraction actually goes into Pubescent range as well but not far enough to be an Ephebophile. My range of attraction is generally 7 or 8 to 12 and 13. I find most all boys between 3 and 13 to be cute but thats cute in the way most people find kids and there is a subtle shift as they get older so the lower end is harder to define. Once Puberty really set in and the boys begin to mature and take on the characteristics associated with puberty then I quickly loose interest.

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My attraction actually goes into Pubescent range as well but not far enough to be an Ephebophile. My range of attraction is generally 7 or 8 to 12 and 13. I find most all boys between 3 and 13 to be cute but thats cute in the way most people find kids and there is a subtle shift as they get older so the lower end is harder to define. Once Puberty really set in and the boys begin to mature and take on the characteristics associated with puberty then I quickly loose interest.

I don't know how old you are, but the "7 or 8" is what bothers me the most, and because I have to be good here or face the wrath of the administrators, I won't comment further on your sickness, and a sickness it is, but you trouble me too deeply. I'm going to leave the comments to others. I hope you don't hurt anyone.

Bettina

I don't know how old you are' date=' but the "7 or 8" is what bothers me the most, and because I have to be good here or face the wrath of the administrators, I won't comment further on your sickness, and a sickness it is, but you trouble me too deeply. I'm going to leave the comments to others. I hope you don't hurt anyone.

Bettina[/quote']

I'm thinking this person is a troll with a very bad sense of humour.

Disgusting and best ignored.

I don't know how old you are' date=' but the "7 or 8" is what bothers me the most, and because I have to be good here or face the wrath of the administrators, I won't comment further on your sickness, and a sickness it is, but you trouble me too deeply. I'm going to leave the comments to others. I hope you don't hurt anyone.

Bettina[/quote']

I can understand your being troubled by it, and troubled is probably putting it lightly. I would not expect anyone that has not lived with it to have any understanding. I'm 35 and I've had about 23 years to come to terms with myself. I would not expect you or anyone else to understand it after reading one post. I find most pedophiles go threw just what I did as teens with denial, self abuse, and many other things like depression that comes with realizing your societies villainized monster. So even we pedophiles are bothered by it, but denial, self abuse, depression these don't prevent abuse, the probably do more to lead to it.

As for the wrath of the Administrators well I don't know if they'd excuse it but I'm pretty thick skinned I've discussed this on forums that encouraged physical violence against me and said hey your a pedophile what judge is gonna convict us. I prefer honesty I think its a big part of the problem behind abuse. You and I guess the admins would have to decide if my saying go ahead be honest this is acceptable but from my POV I have more problem with political correctness then with an honest comment that maybe offensive. If you tend to get into flame wars well I'm pretty good at just ignoring pointless flames and responding to the worth while comments. I don't care for needless flames but I can handle them, I try to not dish them out, unless between friends in a joking way... then I love them hehe.

As for sickness well technically your correct it is. I happen to disagree I see it as no more a sickness then hetero and homosexuality. Homosexuality was once defined as a sickness as well yet the very things that led to its declassification are also true with Pedophilia. There has been discussion of even declassifying pedophilia, I don't know how realistic that is but to me that it is being seriously discussed says a lot. But from what I've seen even if the support is there the politics of such a change would result in such an out cry from uninformed masses that it is not likely to happen soon.

Lastly I hope I don't hurt anyone either. On a simplistic level and being a bit of a semantic jerk I've already hurt many people... its inevitable... but in terms of the kind of hurt your fearful of... the kind associated with pedophilia... all I can say is when I've been in situations where I was tempted to allow my desires to get the better of me I've excused myself from the boys and got myself under control. That does not mean it will always work but I think being open and honest and talking with people about it helps me keep the proper moral balance that keeps me from crossing a line that could cause problems.

Guest Donlas

I hgvnt bothered to read most posts as it seems to all be repeating itself but i do see the phrase "its a mental illness" Or "theyr mentally sick" etc... Now where did i hear that one before? Oh i remember! Homosexuality, maybe you guys are wrong and looking for the 'easy' explanation rather than the right explaination which could be 'inconvenient' :)

I've finally managed to read all the replies... OK I did just skim over some of the sexism stuff and the discussion of girls fashion. I'm trying to figure out a way to respond to the AoC debate between BourBohemian and Dak. BourBohemian I must say I'm thrilled to hear that you had a positive experience. I think a great many such relationships probably are exactly that. When you consider that there have been many societies that accepted Man/Boy relationships I must figure that it can work.

Personally as much as I hate the absoluteness of AoC laws I think in todays society they are a must. I would like to see them reformed I think there are things that can be done to take away some of the absolutism inherent in them. However I don't imagine they will ever be repealed.

However my bigger concern is how they are enforced these days. Its well and good to say that a man penetrating a 9yo boy may be abuse and we should prohibit it out of concern alone. However people are arrested and charged with sex offense against minors for many many reasons that are not so abusive. In California a man was arrested, convicted for sucking kids toes. I can certainly imagine the trauma that these children must have suffered having their toes sucked. I'm sure society feels much safer knowing a toe sucking pedophile is off the street, and that these children will have an army of therapists coming in to make certain they have the resources needed to deal with the trauma of being so brutally victimized.

I think to my own childhood and I must say today a great many adults in my life would be charged as child molesters for things I still see as completely natural normal occurrences that are where not sexual. Thats not to say someone may not have gotten sexually aroused by this but if they did I'm still completely unaware of it. Once I was effectively bribed to go skinny dipping. It was at a camp and not sure who's idea it was but the counselors and volunteer parents had no problem with skinny dipping. The bribe came in that some of the kids on the beach too scared to skinny dip themselves could not see anything so a counselor offered up free s'mores to anyone that showed off private parts of their bodies. Probably inappropriate yes but nothing I see as reason for hysterics but if told to the wrong person the authorities would certainly investigate and likely have found someone to be charged with a crime.

There is very much an irrational hysteria concerning this subject with abuse automatically assumed. It's interesting as I read the posts to see BourBohemian talking repeatedly about the abuse of the system. Its natural to want to believe that since society has the best intentions and wants to help kids that it can't do harm. Yet there are families even communities torn apart by over zealous DA's and therapists intent on finding harm where non exists. Dak and others seem more then willing to close their eyes to horrific abuse from a machine like system to error on the side of caution when it comes to potential abuse from Pedophiles. Fair enough but what protections are there against the system itself causing abuse where there previously was none. What punishment is handed out, what recourse do victims of over zealous therapists and DA's have. Theres a lot of money, fame and successful careers to be made in saving society from the evil Pedophile waiting to steal away children's innocence. If is a powerful emotion and society honors those it sees as helping to relieve our fear. That puts a lot of potential for abuse in those peoples hands just as the indifference of power between a child and a pedophile puts a lot of potential for abuse in the hands of a pedophile

Homosexuality was once defined as a sickness as well yet the very things that led to its declassification are also true with Pedophilia
no, homosexual sex between two consenting men/women has the differense of involving two adults who are mentaly developed enough to make a desicion about what they want to do/not do. paedophillia involves a child who may not be mentally developed/experiensed enough to be in a position to make a sensible well informed desision, which is the (huge) differense.

Dak and others seem more then willing to close their eyes to horrific abuse from a machine like system to error on the side of caution when it comes to potential abuse from Pedophiles. Fair enough but what protections are there against the system itself causing abuse where there previously was none.
as i previousely stated, i consede that not all people above the age of consent are ready for sex, and not all those below are unready. bourbohemian is proof that people even as young as 11, as, shal we say, unituitive as it may seem, are capable of having healthy sexual retationships.

i guess the ideal solution would be a system whereby the AoC was worked out for each individual, BUT i cannot conseve of any way in which such a system could be implimented.

given that, then adversly affecting some people will be unavoidable -- the question is, do we allow paedophillia and allow the possibility that some childeren will be abused, or illegalise paedophillia and allow the possobility that some childeren will be traumatised by having healthy relationships broken up.

taking everything into account, i believe that it would be less damaging to illegalise paedophillia than to legalise it and attempt to set the AoC individually. yes, there will be 'abuse' from the system, however it is by far the lesser of two evils (as a turn of frase) and the best viable option.

Guest Denver01

I have to admit, I didn't read the whole thread, but did a fair bit of reading, and now I would love to reply to you guys. Let me start with saying that I'm a pedophile as well. I've been researching the topic for several years now, so I think I'm more than qualified to answer the question this thread raised.

So just what is a pedophile? Well, this is probably today's world biggest misconception. Everybody seems to think that pedophiles are middle aged bold men, who lurk around playgrounds waiting for a child to kidnap, molest and kill. Wrong.....so wrong, it's not even funny.

Pedophiles are just like anybody else, and pedophilia is just an other sexual orientation like homosexuality, heterosexuality, bisexuality and so on. Pedophiles love kids.....they don't want to hurt them, they don't want to make them suffer...quite the opposite actually. We want nothing but the best for the kids we love, and more than 99% of pedophiles would never ever hurt, rape or kill a child. Sometimes we hear it on the news, that a pedophile raped and killed a child.....yes, it does happen, just like how there are violent homosexuals and heterosexuals out there. It's very, very rare though. I mean, what do you guys think, how many pedophiles are out there these days? I'd say millions...yet there are only a few cases of violent sex crimes against children. Statistics say that 90% of these cases are committed by either parents, step-parents, or relatives of the child. So go figure, if there are millions of pedophiles are out there, how come only a few kids get hurt? Well, because pedophiles love kids, and don't hurt them. Yes, we might be sexually attracted to kids, just like hetero guys are attracted to girls, or gays are attracted to guys. Being sexually attracted to someone, regardless of age and gender, does not mean that the person wants to cause harm. With children this case is a lot more delicate, but still, the bottom line, where it all boils down to is love. And when you love somebody, the last thing you want to do is hurt them, right?

Lots of people say that pedophiles become sexually attracted to kids, because they were molested. Wrong....I've never been molested. Grew up in a perfect family with lots of love and attention, had brothers and sisters, and was fairly popular and loved all throughout school. I also talked to over a hundred other pedophiles who weren't molested, or didn't have a bad childhood. So go figure, eh? I think that with all other sexual orientations, it's more like a mixture of different things. Genes, childhood experiences, friendships, couriosity all play a part in determining someone's sexuality. I know I liked boys my age and younger when I was 10-11-12, and never had any sexual contact before, so it must be possible for some to be born with this attraction. It's not like we wake up one morning and decide that we'll like litte boys from now on. We have about as much say in it, as how tall we are, or what color our eyes are.

Most of us aren't exactly stupid either. We do realize that sexual relationships between adults and children can be bad for the kids in todays world. At the very least it's too risky. Believe me, there are lots of kids out there who would love to have a sexual relationship with an adult and are ready to make the call, as they know what they want, and know what feels good. However, since this is all so frowned upon in today's society, it's too risky. There is a chance that the relationship gets discovered, and if it does, the kid goes throuh hell. "Therapy", police, parents, friends, shame and so on. There is also a chance, that because of this relationship the child will become gay, or a pedophile himself, and who would want this for someone they love in this world. There are quite a few studies out there that prove, many children are sexual and they do not get hurt by sexual relationships with adults. It's all the negativeness around it, that may hurt them, not the act itself. That's exactly why myself and most pedophiles out there will never have a sexual relationship with a child. Not because it would be bad for the kids, but it's just too risky in this society. Please allow me to end this post with a famous quote:

"In view of the pedophile's burden, the necessity of denying himself the experience of love and sexuality, he deserves respect, rather than contempt."

I have to admit' date=' I didn't read the whole thread, but did a fair bit of reading, and now I would love to reply to you guys. Let me start with saying that I'm a pedophile as well. I've been researching the topic for several years now, so I think I'm more than qualified to answer the question this thread raised.

So just what is a pedophile? Well, this is probably today's world biggest misconception. Everybody seems to think that pedophiles are middle aged bold men, who lurk around playgrounds waiting for a child to kidnap, molest and kill. Wrong.....so wrong, it's not even funny.

Pedophiles are just like anybody else, and pedophilia is just an other sexual orientation like homosexuality, heterosexuality, bisexuality and so on. Pedophiles love kids.....they don't want to hurt them, they don't want to make them suffer...quite the opposite actually. We want nothing but the best for the kids we love, and more than 99% of pedophiles would never ever hurt, rape or kill a child. Sometimes we hear it on the news, that a pedophile raped and killed a child.....yes, it does happen, just like how there are violent homosexuals and heterosexuals out there. It's very, very rare though. I mean, what do you guys think, how many pedophiles are out there these days? I'd say millions...yet there are only a few cases of violent sex crimes against children. Statistics say that 90% of these cases are committed by either parents, step-parents, or relatives of the child. So go figure, if there are millions of pedophiles are out there, how come only a few kids get hurt? Well, because pedophiles love kids, and don't hurt them. Yes, we might be sexually attracted to kids, just like hetero guys are attracted to girls, or gays are attracted to guys. Being sexually attracted to someone, regardless of age and gender, does not mean that the person wants to cause harm. With children this case is a lot more delicate, but still, the bottom line, where it all boils down to is love. And when you love somebody, the last thing you want to do is hurt them, right?

Lots of people say that pedophiles become sexually attracted to kids, because they were molested. Wrong....I've never been molested. Grew up in a perfect family with lots of love and attention, had brothers and sisters, and was fairly popular and loved all throughout school. I also talked to over a hundred other pedophiles who weren't molested, or didn't have a bad childhood. So go figure, eh? I think that with all other sexual orientations, it's more like a mixture of different things. Genes, childhood experiences, friendships, couriosity all play a part in determining someone's sexuality. I know I liked boys my age and younger when I was 10-11-12, and never had any sexual contact before, so it must be possible for some to be born with this attraction. It's not like we wake up one morning and decide that we'll like litte boys from now on. We have about as much say in it, as how tall we are, or what color our eyes are.

Most of us aren't exactly stupid either. We do realize that sexual relationships between adults and children can be bad for the kids in todays world. At the very least it's too risky. Believe me, there are lots of kids out there who would love to have a sexual relationship with an adult and are ready to make the call, as they know what they want, and know what feels good. However, since this is all so frowned upon in today's society, it's too risky. There is a chance that the relationship gets discovered, and if it does, the kid goes throuh hell. "Therapy", police, parents, friends, shame and so on. There is also a chance, that because of this relationship the child will become gay, or a pedophile himself, and who would want this for someone they love in this world. There are quite a few studies out there that prove, many children are sexual and they do not get hurt by sexual relationships with adults. It's all the negativeness around it, that may hurt them, not the act itself. That's exactly why myself and most pedophiles out there will never have a sexual relationship with a child. Not because it would be bad for the kids, but it's just too risky in this society. Please allow me to end this post with a famous quote:

"In view of the pedophile's burden, the necessity of denying himself the experience of love and sexuality, he deserves respect, rather than contempt."[/quote']

All of what you just said could be explained also by repression, isolation and denial, though it is also strong enough to be called a physiological deficit. I think if you're a pedophile, you don't have to be and can find meaning in life. Even regular attraction does not have to be sex-focused, and is usually enjoyed when meaningful. Having sexual relations with kids is simply not meaningful in this context. Sexuality was hardly even meaningful when kid-adult relations were meaningful during past greek and buddhist times. Things change, people might know more than before or be in a different situation. Some people just get left behind, and it is up to them to get into speed...

there are quite a few studies out there that prove, many children are sexual and they do not get hurt by sexual relationships with adults
this being a science forum and all, would you mind referensing a few of these studies, that we may read them ourselves.
"In view of the pedophile's burden' date=' the necessity of denying himself the experience of love and sexuality, he deserves respect, rather than contempt."[/quote'] also, if you quote someone, could you please reference them eg put (j.bloggs) after the quote. (big deals in the scientifical community, for legal reasons and courtacy)

pedantry aside (no pun intended) i actually agree wholehartedly with the above quote. noone can help how they feel, but everyone can help how they act. if you are sexually attracted to kids - fair enough, you cant help that. but i believe that you have a (very difficult) duty to refrain from acting upon you sex drive, and if you do that - fair play.

basically its like this: if im going to have sex with a woman, then i leave it up to her to diside wether its going to be healthy for her to have sex with me. its her choice. if she makes a mistake, then, harsh as this may seem, from a moral point of view: who cares? it was her disison to make, her obligation to make it correctly, and her fault if she failed to do so.

HOWEVER if i believe for some reason that she is not capable of adequately making that disision for herself -- eg drunk, just come out of a seriouse relationship and a bit messed up in the head, mentally retuarded etc -- then i will not make it for her. i will instead consider that i have no right to make it for her, for the simple reason that if i am wrong then it is her, not me, that will suffer the consiquenses, and will instead refrain from having sex with her.

now i personally believe that i am a nice and intelligent person who, if i made the disision for her, would make it with her best interests in mind and would make it correctly, but i still will not make that disision for her becouse i acnoledge the possibility that i could make the wrong desision, and that i have no right to risk repercussions that would affect her like that.

basically, childeren in general have the same lack-of-ability to adequately make the disision as to wether to have sex or not as a woman who is a bit messed up in the head from a break up, eg may say yes without thinking/knowing the possible repurcussions etc. and so i feel that the paedophillically inclined have a responsobility to decline.

based on how powerful the sexdrive is, then my respect goes to anyone who can resist it to avoid the possibility, no matter how remote it is, of harming a child.

i hope that i have demonstrated in my previouse posts that i am not histerically-antipaedophile, and that i can empathise and understand etc, but still paedophiles who do not recognise the risk at which they are putting the child consern me greatly.

for paedophiles abstinance is, unfortunately, nessesary.

There is also a chance, that because of this relationship the child will become gay, or a pedophile himself, and who would want this for someone they love in this world.
just out of interest... i understand the not wanting to turn someone into a paedophile bit, but why not turning someone gay?

no, homosexual sex between two consenting men/women has the differense of involving two adults who are mentaly developed enough to make a desicion about what they want to do/not do. paedophillia involves a child who may not be mentally developed/experiensed enough to be in a position to make a sensible well informed desision, which is the (huge) differense.

That has absolutely no relevence to weather pedophilia is classified as a mental ilness or not. Sure its a valid argument on the legality and even morality of such an act, but pyschology and law are two seperate areas. By your theory an abstonant pedophile like myself is not sick as bettina said and I'm glad to hear that as I knew it all along but psychology is not based on your moral judgments on behaviour. To put it another way a mental illness is internal to the singular individual. It is not dependant on characteristics of outside individuals.

no' date=' homosexual sex between two consenting men/women has the differense of involving two adults who are mentaly developed enough to make a desicion about what they want to do/not do. paedophillia involves a child who may not be mentally developed/experiensed enough to be in a position to make a sensible well informed desision, which is the (huge) differense.[/quote']That has absolutely no relevence to weather pedophilia is classified as a mental ilness or not. Sure its a valid argument on the legality and even morality of such an act, but pyschology and law are two seperate areas.
my bad. i misread your post, and thought that you were claiming that the reasons for accepting paedophillia are the same as the reasons for exepting homosexuality.
psychology is not based on your moral judgments on behaviour.
i know' date=' and i dont believe i ever said that it was.
To put it another way a mental illness is internal to the singular individual. It is not dependant on characteristics of outside individuals.
i dont savvy.

Ramin I'm glad to see you replying I enjoyed some of your comments earlier in the discussion although I must say I find it difficult to understand all of what you say.

... I think if you're a pedophile, you don't have to be and can find meaning in life. Even regular attraction does not have to be sex-focused, and is usually enjoyed when meaningful. Having sexual relations with kids is simply not meaningful in this context...

There is nothing that can be done about pedophilia. No one has found a cure the best that can be done is tortured till you repress your sexuality. However I have meet many Pedophiles and I can tell you most of them are like me, we have very full lives Pedophilia is nothing more then our attraction. Some people like men some like women some like farm animals we like kids. To that extend there is no difference. When someone can cure Heterosexuality or can cure Homosexuality then my guess is pedophilia will also be curable. However believe me if willing it away was at all possible I'd have stopped being a pedophile when I was 12 or 13. In fact I came up on my own with a version of aversion therapy that is often used by therapists... and like the results therapists get it only worked so long as I kept torturing myself... and even then it was far from a cure or even treatment.

Who says that we are sex focused. Personally I think there are so many other more important aspects to talk about with Pedophilia then sex. However when talking to Non-pedophiles about the subject sex seems to be the dominant focus... I guess because its what most people know and associate with pedophiles. Rather boring two dimensional view in my opinion.

The relationships I have had with boys in my life have been a mentoring relationship. Absolutely nothing sexual about them. The only aspect in which sex has any role is that I find them sexually attractive. However aside from a thought in my mind nothing more comes of it. However for having that thought many would want me locked away, have their kids sent off to therapy to be told how victimized and abused they have been.

Guest Denver01

Hi Dak, and everyone else. :) Unfortunately, I don't know who that quote is by. I came across it while surfing the web and I don't think the author was mentioned.

As for the studies, well, here are a few links that should answer all the questions about pedophilia and pedophiles:

http://www.geocities.com/transrescen/radcase/

http://hfp.puellula.org/Main.html

http://www.shfri.net/dlr/dlr.cgi

http://www2.rz.hu-berlin.de/sexology/GESUND/ARCHIV/IES/USA08.HTM

"Quote:

Originally Posted by denver01

There is also a chance, that because of this relationship the child will become gay, or a pedophile himself, and who would want this for someone they love in this world.

just out of interest... i understand the not wanting to turn someone into a paedophile bit, but why not turning someone gay?"

-Well, because even gays are looked down on in most parts of the world today. The situation is getting better everyday, but as things stand right now, it's easier to get by as a heterosexual adult, than a homosexual. In my opinion, at least.

I'm pleasantly surprised of how open minded some of you are. It's great to see people actually willing to listen, before they judge. I completely understand your point of view, and I bet if I was heterosexual, I'd have a hard time accepting pedophiles as well. Most people are hesitant to even discuss the subject, they don't even want to think about it. It's just plain human nature, people are afraid of the unknown.

In my opinion, if somebody does a good research on pedophilia, they will learn the following. Please, don't believe me, do some research, and you'll see for yourself.

1, Pedophiles do not want to hurt children. They love kids, and want the best for them.

2, There is no stereotype, pedophiles are all ages and come from all walks of life.

3, Having experienced sexual contact in childhood is not the way people become pedophiles. This can be a factor, but the vast majority of pedophiles say they were born with this particular sexual attraction.

4, There are more pedophiles out there than you'd ever think.

5, Children are sexual creatures, and in many cases desire and appreciate a relationship with a pedophile. (Not necessary sexual relationship)

6, Most pedophiles choose to not get involved in a sexual relationship with children, because of the risks of such relationships in today's society.

7, The vast majority of pedophiles put the child's welfare and needs above their own.

8, Violent sex crimes are very rare against children, and at least 80% of these are committed by either a parent, step-parent or relative of the child. I'm not saying that there are no pedophiles out there who would do such thing, but the number is extremely low. Just like there are heterosexual males out there who rape women, or homosexuals who rape men, there are pedophiles who rape kids, but this isn't the norm.

7, The vast majority of pedophiles put the child's welfare and needs above their own.

I know I said I would keep quiet in this thread, and I know what I am going to say can get me suspended, but after reading all the posts, I just about can keep from throwing up.

You pedophiles can try to gloss this over with links and smooth talking and you can try to make it sound acceptable. You can also try to make it sound like your helping the child find his way in life, but....the fact is, you pedohiles are nothing more than grown adults trying to talk a little kid into having sex with you.

Plain and simple, you want to have sex with kids much younger than me, and in fact, you crave it more than anything. Your the kind of people that freak us kids out at the mall by slinking around where we are.....where the young kids are. I can't describe how low you guys really are, but you make me sick and I for one think you all belong in jail.

These are my opinions only.

Bettina

I think what you paedophiles dont realise is that there are young girls who are afraid to go out places because of people like you.

Love is a two way thing, if the girl wants you she will talk to you, other than that it is a safe assumption say that a very young girl (or I suppose boy) does not want to be in love (or have sex) with a man (or woman) of your kind of age. So basically unless they approach you, don't approach them!

Paedophiles place the younger generations into a fear and state of alert, it is not a good thing, it should not happen... I accpet that I as a teenage boy will love other attractive teenage girls, but I am able to control my emotions and control my actions, as should you... if you cannot control yourself then you are not really safe to be walking the streets, in which case Bettina's 'you belong in jail' attitude is a very sensible one. If you can control your actions then stop trying to get young children who do not even wanna know you to love you.

Guest Donlas

I swear ppl arnt listening, its not all about sex infact in most case's nothing to do with sex! + Theres also women who could be afriad to go out cause of rapists, actually i cant be bothered to write out the long post i was going to write as it will fall on deaf ears :)

So are you saying that you are just like a normal person but you happen to love young children... you wouldn't approach them, you act like a friend would... that's good... do you also take into account that a child of that age would never think of love, sex or anything like that.... before puberty starts children just don't think of love or sex - if you realise that and you act as a friend, whilst you can love them, they won't really (it's in their nature) love you in a relationship/love sense and you've got no chance of sex.

Why don't you just love someone your age who can love you back and you could have sex with and get out of a relationship like the majority of people do?

I want to say I admire all who are posting in this controversial thread for their tact, insightful comments and good judgement. This could have so easily degenerated into a flame war long ago. Kudos to all.

That said, due to the many complaints we are receiving about this thread's content from members, I am closing it for today (possibly longer pending administrative decision).

If it gets opened again, I would remind those posting from both sides that this is a science forum, hence we need citation and studies referenced. There are plenty of places on the web to discuss personal sexual opinions.

Interesting POV. Let's try it this way. If I were to say:

"Just a racist opinion of mine which doesn't sit at all well with black people' date=' however true it is. Btw racism is justified in alot of cases, you cannot tell me white and black are not different."

. . . would you find anything wrong with that statement?[/quote']

No.

It becomes racist only when you base arbitrary and discriminatory value judgements on it.

Before this thread gets closed, my answer is sexual preference, and if caught just once, should never be released from prison. If the child is murdered, then the death sentence should be mandatory.

Last time I checked sexual abuse of children and murder were separate crimes. You can't hope to rationally consider one thing if you are tainting it with your emotive responses to something else.