What is a pedophile?

coral' date=' are you saying you really dont think men and women are different? look back to the part of this discussion where we had to explain why such a young girl would be attractive.

[/quote']

No, Callipygous, I am not. I am saying that Sorcerer should make better word choices since you pin me down. I was trying to be polite. Need I also suggest that you refer to a dictionary for the meaning of the word "sexism," which differs from the words sex or gender and is more closely related to the words racism, bigotry, and prejudice?

If I ever forget there is a difference between the sexes, I rely upon you to prompt me to take my clothes off, stand up straight, and look down. What I am missing will no doubt clue me in. :)

men are the protectors, our bodies are designed for fighting. we have more upper body strength, bruise less easily, and are pumped full of testosterone so when the mountain lions attack we can defend the women and the little people.

If anyone encounters a mountain lion and the mountain lion is hungry or in a bad mood, I can assure him that upper body strength will probably do him no good. :D Even if the mountain lion weighed less than the man, the mountain lion's bulk, using his weight compared to his height, the fact that he runs -- very swiftly on four legs, and that he has a highly-developed musculature, would make that man a meal.

the effects of millions of years of evolution dont go away with a few decades of relative equality in society.

I have not seen a society with even a "relative" semblence of equality, so it's hard to say.

as a result, men tend more towards violence than women, we are better suited to different jobs. for example, women are better suited for multitasking than men are.

Callipygous, multitasking is something everyone can do to some extent. This is something I learned when I was a job coach. But been good at multitasking has to do with other things besides sex. For instance, I am ADD, overfocused type; without medication, I cannot multitask worth a shit. While a man who is ADHD will no doubt multitask far better than I.

The fact that some men are prone to violence is hardly a fact to be celebrated. Pit bulls are prone to violence as well, but good breeding and appropriate handling usually eliminate the problem.

women are the nurturers. your bodies are focused around your centers because your most important role is protecting a child from any and all harm for 9 months.

If you had met some of the women I have, you would have some doubts. Despite differences between men and women, individual differences are far more telling. The most nurturing creature I ever met was a male Border Collie. And he couldn't work sheep worth a damn, but he could safeguard every baby chick on the ranch from snakes and hawks. On the other hand, we had to send a female German Shepherd to town because, while she could work sheep and move cattle, she decided that the neighbors sheep were tasty. Don't ask me how she knew boundary lines, for she never killed one of our own.

these roles can be seen in more than just our physical differences. a woman can only make one child every nine months. a man can take part in the creation of thousands in that same time.

Yes, nature can be wasteful. :P

as a result, a man could be married to someone he sees as the most beautiful, smartest, most loving woman in the world. the relationship can be absolutely perfect in everyway imaginable, but after they have sex he will still get the urge to have sex with the womans sister, best friend, and any other females he comes into contact with.

Let's bring this back to pedophilia shall we. Will he have the same urge to have sex with his daughter?

in modern society the good loyal men are merely resisting their urges.

Apparently not quite well enough -- else a good man is hard to find. :) However women also cheat.

since a woman can only have one child a year she is looking for someone to settle with. she wants someone who will stick around and fight off the cougars while shes incapacitated by having a child.

Ever hear of guns?

obviously not all people fit into these catagories; there are exceptions to every rule, but this is the general theme. its evolutionary necessity

Not any more.

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I ever forget there is a difference between the sexes' date=' I rely upon you to prompt me to take my clothes off, stand up straight, and look down. What I am missing will no doubt clue me in. :) [/quote']

Thank you for the mental image ;)

The fact that some men are prone to violence is hardly a fact to be celebrated. Pit bulls are prone to violence as well' date=' but good breeding and appropriate handling usually eliminate the problem.[/quote']

I don't think anyone here is celebrating that violent tendency, simply pointing out its existence. Appropriate handling seems like an excellent suggestion but i'm highly intrigued by your ideas for good breeding, sounds like it could be fun :P

Ever hear of guns?

Not any more.

Womens biological instincts regarding what they desire in a mate may be redundant but they still exist.

Otherwise how do you explain why so many women are attracted to violent brutes? :-(

No, Callipygous, I am not. I am saying that Sorcerer should make better word choices since you pin me down. I was trying to be polite. Need I also suggest that you refer to a dictionary for the meaning of the word "sexism," which differs from the words sex or gender and is more closely related to the words racism, bigotry, and prejudice?

sexism: Discrimination based on gender, especially discrimination against women.

discriminate: To make distinctions on the basis of class or category without regard to individual merit;

when discussing women as a whole "discrimination" seems perfectly reasonable to me.

If anyone encounters a mountain lion and the mountain lion is hungry or in a bad mood, I can assure him that upper body strength will probably do him no good. :D Even if the mountain lion weighed less than the man, the mountain lion's bulk, using his weight compared to his height, the fact that he runs -- very swiftly on four legs, and that he has a highly-developed musculature, would make that man a meal.

which is why we started using clubs and living in tribes. your just being argumentative right? i dont need to go into every detail do i?

I have not seen a society with even a "relative" semblence of equality, so it's hard to say.

then you havent looked or you dont understand the meaning of "relative".

Callipygous, multitasking is something everyone can do to some extent. This is something I learned when I was a job coach. But been good at multitasking has to do with other things besides sex. For instance, I am ADD, overfocused type; without medication, I cannot multitask worth a shit. While a man who is ADHD will no doubt multitask far better than I.

i said they were general catagories that not everyone fits into. in general womens brains are better at multitasking than mens.

The fact that some men are prone to violence is hardly a fact to be celebrated. Pit bulls are prone to violence as well, but good breeding and appropriate handling usually eliminate the problem.

thats just being rude. its not that "some men are prone to violence" its that evolution has required that to be our solution to confrontations. the majority of men are very good about maintaining civility to work within the modern society, but the instinct is still there.

If you had met some of the women I have, you would have some doubts. Despite differences between men and women, individual differences are far more telling. The most nurturing creature I ever met was a male Border Collie. And he couldn't work sheep worth a damn, but he could safeguard every baby chick on the ranch from snakes and hawks. On the other hand, we had to send a female German Shepherd to town because, while she could work sheep and move cattle, she decided that the neighbors sheep were tasty. Don't ask me how she knew boundary lines, for she never killed one of our own.

once again... certain individuals fall outside of the mold.

Let's bring this back to pedophilia shall we. Will he have the same urge to have sex with his daughter?

not generally. sex within families results in mutations. evolution swings away from such things. thats not going back to pedophilia, thats going to incest.

Apparently not quite well enough -- else a good man is hard to find. :) However women also cheat.

while were talking about sexism... and yet again, individuals fall outside the mold.

Ever hear of guns?

guns werent around during the first few million years of evolution. :rolleyes:

Not any more.

your right, not any more. just during the first few million years of evolution...

Thank you for the mental image ;)

The nice thing about the internet is that I can enjoy hoping you think I am better looking than I am. :D

I don't think anyone here is celebrating that violent tendency' date=' simply pointing out its existence. Appropriate handling seems like an excellent suggestion but i'm highly intrigued by your ideas for good breeding, sounds like it could be fun :P [/quote']

Perhaps not but the fighting-off-the-cougar thing seemed a little over the top.

I believe Asian Guy has some opinions about the proper breeding of humans. I only know dogs. I will let you chortle over that one. :P

Womens biological instincts regarding what they desire in a mate may be redundant but they still exist.

Yes but do men truly understand what they are? I won't go looking for a link but I remember reading about a recent study suggesting that men believe women are attacted to guy with about 30 more pounds of muscle than women in fact find appealing. This may explain why Arnie, the gov of CA has had to resort to groping people.

What is it you think women are really looking for?

Otherwise how do you explain why so many women are attracted to violent brutes? :-(

Now this is the serious answer:

I don't think women consciously know they are violent brutes in the first place. Of course a woman wants a man who makes her feel safe. So why do some many women often choose men who are not safe at all? The cultural image of what a man is will mislead her. I think if women could ignore some of the romantic/cultural messages they receive they would make wiser choices. I actually wonder if the media and advertising business try to tap into some pretty primal stuff in order to sell their products.

Take the stereotypical tough guy who settles matters with his fists and is often the hero of movies. An intelligent woman would question if a man is so quick to solve problems with aggression might he solve domestic disagreements the same way? Instead, many women see these tough guys as attractive. They can fight off cougars after all. :rolleyes:

But here is another problem: Violent dangerous men don't always advertise this. Instead with women, they behave just as seductively as any other guy. Would they have any reason to let a woman know early on that not having dinner on the table at a certain time will result in blows? Hardly.

Too often a woman is too deep into a relationship before she can put the clues together. Women tend to be stayers, especially if they have children. They stay even when they should leave.

sexism: Discrimination based on gender' date=' especially discrimination against women.

discriminate: To make distinctions on the basis of class or category without regard to individual merit;

when discussing women as a whole "discrimination" seems perfectly reasonable to me.

[/quote']

You must be using an old dictionary or only telling part of the story. The meanings of words are fluid and they change over time with cultural and societal changes. That is why to discriminate against women is essentially the same usage as discriminate against black people. Most people think that these are both bad things. You apparently disagree.

which is why we started using clubs and living in tribes. your just being argumentative right? i dont need to go into every detail do i?

No, I am being polite. I am answering you from my point of view.

then you havent looked or you dont understand the meaning of "relative".

I meant relative to complete equality. This is an ideal that I do not think exists.

said they were general catagories that not everyone fits into. in general womens brains are better at multitasking than mens.

So they say, but in Iceland, apparently they are better at math.

thats just being rude. its not that "some men are prone to violence" its that evolution has required that to be our solution to confrontations. the majority of men are very good about maintaining civility to work within the modern society, but the instinct is still there.

No I was not being rude. I just happen to know more about dogs. In fact I think I am being nice and patient. If I get rude, you will have no doubt about it, nor will anyone else.

once again... certain individuals fall outside of the mold.

A point I was trying to make. However, we do not yet know what the limits are to breaking the mold.

not generally. sex within families results in mutations. evolution swings away from such things. thats not going back to pedophilia, thats going to incest.

All pedophiles who act on their desires are sex offenders,

Some incest abusers are also pedophiles. They are not pedophiles only when their sex of choice is with adults. When these incest abusers use children for sex they are often called regressed offenders. Pedophilia and incest are not mutually exclusive. Estimates have been given that about one in twenty girls are sexually abused by their natural fathers. How would you explain the frequency of that behavior.

guns werent around during the first few million years of evolution. :rolleyes:
There is no problem that a woman might have with a mountain lion the the accurate and swift use of a gun would not solve. The first million years of evolution has greatly influenced us. I do not disagree. But many things it fitted us for then are no longer necessary today. Although evolution is slow, I expect that it will eventuall make correction.

Here's a sad thing: 1,000 years from now, there will probably be no mountain lions in the United States.

your right, not any more. just during the first few million years of evolution...

I will repeat: Not anymore. So maybe it is the discrimination that needs to go.

This is somehow related with the theory of human evolution. And nature has some ways which seems quite unnatural, but there are few things which moral can not except easily due to the social conditioning. If they are doing it intentionally than it is not good but for nature it is an "emergency mechanism", and this kind of act is very common even in other mammals.

This is somehow related with the theory of human evolution. And nature has some ways which seems quite unnatural, but there are few things which moral can not except easily due to the social conditioning. If they are doing it intentionally than it is not good but for nature it is an "emergency mechanism", and this kind of act is very common even in other mammals.

Yes, I would think intentionally. I am not referring to a unusual meeting where they do not know each other.

But it is interesting to know about that emergency mechanism.

From your original link:

The part I put in bold rules out insanity as defined by statute. They know what they are doing is wrong' date=' and they plot to do it.

Perhaps you would categorize a pedophile as a type of sociopath. As I recall, serial killers often fit in the communtiy quite well also. What do you think of the definition, "Pedophiles are sociopaths who prey on children."?[/quote']

i dont agree with you.

You must be using an old dictionary or only telling part of the story. The meanings of words are fluid and they change over time with cultural and societal changes. That is why to discriminate against women is essentially the same usage as discriminate against black people. Most people think that these are both bad things. You apparently disagree.

my point is that he probably wasnt approving of sexism in the negative way you were interpretting it. he probably meant sexism more by the definition suggested by my quotes. that is, accepting the fact that there are in fact differences and that because of them people SHOULD be treated differently just for improved efficiency, not that women should be looked down upon.

I meant relative to complete equality. This is an ideal that I do not think exists.

ah... i meant relative to previous circumstances.

So they say, but in Iceland, apparently they are better at math.

wouldnt surprise me.

No I was not being rude. I just happen to know more about dogs. In fact I think I am being nice and patient. If I get rude, you will have no doubt about it, nor will anyone else.

you seemed to be very directly comparing men to dogs.

All pedophiles who act on their desires are sex offenders,

Some incest abusers are also pedophiles. They are not pedophiles only when their sex of choice is with adults. When these incest abusers use children for sex they are often called regressed offenders. Pedophilia and incest are not mutually exclusive. Estimates have been given that about one in twenty girls are sexually abused by their natural fathers. How would you explain the frequency of that behavior.

i would be shocked if its actually that frequent. that would mean that there are more than 50 girls in my highschool being sexually assaulted by their fathers. if it is accurate i would say a very complex set of circumstances is surrounding each individual case.

There is no problem that a woman might have with a mountain lion the the accurate and swift use of a gun would not solve. The first million years of evolution has greatly influenced us. I do not disagree. But many things it fitted us for then are no longer necessary today. Although evolution is slow, I expect that it will eventuall make correction.

no doubt. but evolution is on the scale of millions of years, or at best tens of thousands, not centuries or decades.

I will repeat: Not anymore. So maybe it is the discrimination that needs to go.

while the need may no longer be there the instincts and tendencies still are. men and women handle situations differently; that will eventually go away, but in the mean time i dont see any reason not to expect it and adjust to it. it will still gradually go away for lack of need.

Yes' date=' I would think intentionally. I am not referring to a unusual meeting where they do not know each other.

But it is interesting to know about that emergency mechanism.[/quote']

for the survival of the whole spices when total number of animals are in very low numbers.

my point is that he probably wasnt approving of sexism in the negative way you were interpretting it. he probably meant sexism more by the definition suggested by my quotes. that is' date=' accepting the fact that there are in fact differences and that because of them people SHOULD be treated differently just for improved efficiency, not that women should be looked down upon.

[/quote']

I don't think I entirely agree with you. I think there are higher values than efficiency. However that said, in general people are happier in work suited to them, but the laws of the U.S. do not allow discrimination based upon sex.

you seemed to be very directly comparing men to dogs.

I like dogs. I have several books on dogs. I just used the pit bull in my example because he has a bad (somewhat justified) reputation. You were the one who referred to violence. And who can disagree with good breeding? I hope it is not too outrageous to say that most families would be happier and healthier if they gave some thought to genetics. No one wants violent children. :-(

If I got a hundred bucks everytime people were compared to animals on this site, I could retire. :D

I like dogs. I have several books on dogs. I just used the pit bull in my example because he has a bad (somewhat justified) reputation. You were the one who referred to violence. And who can disagree with good breeding? I hope it is not too outrageous to say that most families would be happier and healthier if they gave some thought to genetics. No one wants violent children. :-(

hahaha. it makes me feel so much better to be compared to a pitbull given that you like dogs. :P

as for breeding... i doubt it. its hard enough to put together a successful family without dismissing a potential partner because of genetics. i think there would be very few successful relationships if you had to find someone with complimentary genes.

(violence in children can be treated. i was extremely violent as a child. i was thrown out of several preschools for hitting teachers and other students and throwing chairs. now i dont even have much of a defensive reflex. this guy punched me in the face sophomore year and hitting him back didnt even enter my mind)

as for breeding... i doubt it. its hard enough to put together a successful family without dismissing a potential partner because of genetics. i think there would be very few successful relationships if you had to find someone with complimentary genes.

You could eliminate looks as a priority. ;)

(violence in children can be treated. i was extremely violent as a child. i was thrown out of several preschools for hitting teachers and other students and throwing chairs. now i dont even have much of a defensive reflex. this guy punched me in the face sophomore year and hitting him back didnt even enter my mind)

What helped?

You could eliminate looks as a priority. ;)

lol. im not sure if your making a comment about men being shallow or if your just totally joking and understand that attraction is necessary in a relationship. :P

what helped?

as best i can tell, realizing i had no friends. i also got put in a private school with a much smaller group (i knew all 125 students, first name and last) i think that may have had something to do with it. i think it was more because of the friends thing. i realized no one liked me. its really an even more complete turn around than i mentioned before. there is a certain level of confidence required to tell people to shut up and hitting them and all that. now im extremely shy, in pretty much every aspect of interaction. talking to people, physical contact, eye contact, all of it makes me really nervous unless i have a long time to get comfortable with someone. its like im afraid im gonna do something, like hurt them physcally or emotionally or just insult them and end up with the same "no friends" problem i had in the past.

that and my parents arent the type to put up with that kind of thing. they see commercials for that "nanny 911" show or what ever and laugh because the obvious solution when your six year old tells you to shut up is to give him a spanking and send him to his room for the rest of the night. not cry in a corner and tell a talkshow host you cant control your kids.

lol. im not sure if your making a comment about men being shallow or if your just totally joking and understand that attraction is necessary in a relationship. :P

Yes, I am joking. I understand that attraction is a necessity, but being attracted is about more than just looks.

I will give you an example. I knew a young woman, with all the gifts that nature bestows, who was attracted to good looking musicians. She dated several, only to find that they never had any money.

She reprioritized. Now she's living with a guy of only average looks but a very very very good income. She seems quite happy.

BTW, I edited my above post as you posted to me. A bad habit of mine. I was wondering what made you become less violent.

Right. I got that. Like cheetahs. Now that is a very sad case.

yes but that is not the real danger for *human being* as a whole , right now but defence mechanism is always there. And according to the laws of nature LIFE finds it way anyway.

I will give you an example. I knew a young woman' date=' with all the gifts that nature bestows, who was attracted to good looking musicians. She dated several, only to find that they never had any money.

She reprioritized. Now she's living with a guy of only average looks but a very very very good income. She seems quite happy.[/quote']

wow... when you say "all the gifts that nature bestows" im guessing your referring to physical qualities, not personality? from my point of view she is missing a pretty serious natural gift, depth.

(my post has been edited with the answer to your violence question)

I know nothing about sports and generally have no interest in them, but as far as I know the Olympics have long been intergrated. People of many nationalities and both sexes have particpated for a long time.

Your analogy as sexism being no better than racism falls down at the olympic games, you see men of almost all nationalities compete against men, the same for women. Now if you want to find out who is the best in the world at something, why do you need to know who is the best of their sex?? If the olympics was to show no sexism at all men would compete against women in all events. However, have you ever heard of a thing called positive discrimination...... no feminist is gonna burn her bra and chant, "let us lose fair and square"

Also, since this thread is about pedophiles, talking about "crap sports" -- whatever that is -- is hardly to the point. In fact, sports have nothing to do with the subject of scheming which prompted my reply to you. I thought scheming might have something to do with female pedophile strategies of sexual abuse as opposed to male strategies.

Well, possibly, I'd say their would be a difference in prey strategies between men and women. I have heard of quite a few cases of sexual abuse by women, I don't think they should be left out completely from the discussion. The biggest danger is the one you least expect.

Since you can't bothered with references, to what point would I open a thread about sexism -- of which you seem to approve? We already have a thread where no one can seem to differientiate child abuse from discipline. The fact that you think sexism is a good thing does not bode well for intelligent discourse.

I never said sexism was good, I just stated it exists and that there are clear difference in general between men and women, particulary how they socially interact. Womens in general lower place in the social heirachy is countered by their social strategies of forming groups, which support each other in social encounters, and can even scheme to destroy anothers social standing.

The thread should be something like:

The psychology of sexism.

What are the psychological and neurological difference between the average man and the average women. What are the average (within a culture) man and womens Emotional Quotient (EQ) and IQ?

Social strategies and evolution: Do men and womens social strategies differ because of their investment in offspring. With women always knowing they are the mother, but the father never being totally able to be sure. Is sexism another social strategy for enhancing the populations reproduction rate?

Is there positive and negative sexism? Where is the line? Do some stereotypes hold up? Can physical/psychological differences between Men and Women be used to justify their differential treatment? What examples are there? e.g. the courts are more likely to favour custody being awarded to the mother. eg2 mothers usually have the final say in their abortion.

Discuss.

BTW I couldnt be bothered with reference because it was 4am, if you really want me to dig I could, but why don't you google it yourself, you might come back with something solid to make me "see the light". The light that blinds people from seeing discrimination and equality can coincide. Why tax the rich more, what did they do wrong? Don't tell me your an economist :D. Capitalist, facist, communist, its all about the balance of social power, why are some forms of discrimination acceptable, when others aren't.

wow... when you say "all the gifts that nature bestows" im guessing your referring to physical qualities' date=' not personality? from my point of view she is missing a pretty serious natural gift, depth.

[/quote']

Aha! Why do you assume that? Actually she's very bright. She's not much of a people person though. I would say she has a certain magnetism but is not gifted with the common touch. She really can't do small talk.

One of the attractions of the guy with money is that he is also bright, likes science, and has a huge library of books. She is the only young woman I have ever known who considered the ownership of books a major attraction.

I told her, there are libraries. :rolleyes:

Now here's something I don't get: Men assume that women like muscles and don't seem to mind it, but they always resent it if they think part of their appeal is money. Yet money is the way we keep score in most societies.

Aha! Why do you assume that? Actually she's very bright. She's not much of a people person though. I would say she has a certain magnetism but is not gifted with the common touch. She really can't do small talk.

i wasnt referring to her intelligence, i was referring to the fact that you mentioned that she used to focus looks and when she reprioritized she started focusing on money. at no point do you mention her caring about the level of connection with the man in question or any other attributes besides appearance and money.

Your analogy as sexism being no better than racism falls down at the olympic games' date=' you see men of almost all nationalities compete against men, the same for women. Now if you want to find out who is the best in the world at something, why do you need to know who is the best of their sex?? If the olympics was to show no sexism at all men would compete against women in all events. However, have you ever heard of a thing called positive discrimination...... no feminist is gonna burn her bra and chant, "let us lose fair and square"

[/quote']

Geez, Sorcerer, nobody burns their bra anymore. That's passe. There is no point in burning them when there is no longer an expectation that you have to wear them.

I am not going to discuss sports in any way. Sports bore me. Think of another metaphor.

Well, possibly, I'd say their would be a difference in prey strategies between men and women. I have heard of quite a few cases of sexual abuse by women, I don't think they should be left out completely from the discussion. The biggest danger is the one you least expect.

That was discussed futher up the thread. I gave a link and you can read it if you are inclined to wade through it. It basically says that there are few genuine female pedophiles but that the number of adolescent boys who have been molested by women may have been undercounted because the boys may not see what they have experinenced as sexual abuse. That boys are culturally conditioned to think of such sex as initiation.

I never said sexism was good, I just stated it exists and that there are clear difference in general between men and women, particulary how they socially interact. Womens in general lower place in the social heirachy is countered by their social strategies of forming groups, which support each other in social encounters, and can even scheme to destroy anothers social standing.

Okay. I think this is what you meant to say in the first place, right? However, men can scheme to destroy another's economic standing and ultimately economic standing is the true basis of social standing in most societies.

The thread should be something like:

The psychology of sexism.

What are the psychological and neurological difference between the average man and the average women. What are the average (within a culture) man and womens Emotional Quotient (EQ) and IQ?

My understanding is differences in IQ are not that great. I read something to that effect just the other day. IQ correlates with education to some extent. As women do better in school and especially in math, that will change. You should try to get a copy of Time Magazine from just a month or so ago and you can read about it.

Social strategies and evolution: Do men and womens social strategies differ because of their investment in offspring. With women always knowing they are the mother, but the father never being totally able to be sure.

No doubt this has an effect.

Is sexism another social strategy for enhancing the populations reproduction rate?

Elaborate, but also explain why we would now need to enhance reproduction. Also, if you go there, you might want to take a look an infanticide in the past. What purpose did it serve?

Is there positive and negative sexism?

Sorry all sexism is bad. By definition, it is bad.

Where is the line? Do some stereotypes hold up? Can physical/psychological differences between Men and Women be used to justify their differential treatment?

Maybe not differential (word usage!). If you are asking if 5 foot 100 pound women should be firefighters. Of course not and they are not. But I knew a woman who could pass the firefighters physical but kept flunking the mental/psychological. This was probably accurate. She wasn't a very compassionate person.

What examples are there? e.g. the courts are more likely to favour custody being awarded ] to the mother. eg2 mothers usually have the final say in their abortion.

Discuss.

Nope. I am not going to discuss abortion. There are too many threads already which discuss abortion. As to court decisions, they only reflect the judges that we have. Remember, those guys (mostly guys still) are old. Overtime, any bias will change. You may be forgetting the one overriding factor in custody decisions. Money talks and men have more money. The last time I check on this, men won more custody decisions that they actually contested. Women get custody more often simply because they seek it more often. But more and more, judges prefer joint custody. A parent has to do something to get cut out of the picture. Financial abandonment will get people cut out. Judges don't want to add to the welfare roles they are tough in custody decisions if either men or women fail to provide support. However, if a woman is staying at home with a preschool child then that is considered providing care. Women may have the edge in such a circumstance.

BTW I couldnt be bothered with reference because it was 4am, if you really want me to dig I could, but why don't you google it yourself, you might come back with something solid to make me "see the light".

I'm not terribly invested in converting you. Can't you tell. :P

The light that blinds people from seeing discrimination and equality can coincide. Why tax the rich more, what did they do wrong? Don't tell me your an economist :D. Capitalist, facist, communist, its all about the balance of social power, why are some forms of discrimination acceptable, when others aren't

You totally lost me here. I have no clue what you are writing about.

i wasnt referring to her intelligence, i was referring to the fact that you mentioned that she used to focus looks and when she reprioritized she started focusing on money. at no point do you mention her caring about the level of connection with the man in question or any other attributes besides appearance and money.

You have a point there. I think she used to care about connection, but she had a bad experience with one of the muscians and decided to make her choices more logical. Plus, I think she may have a bit of Asperger's. Have you ever heard of that?

I think there may be a few people here who have it. It afflicts people who tend to go into academia and the sciences. It has to do with not being able to relate sometimes because of a problem with the expression of feelings. Some think it is inherited. It's on the autism spectrum but people who have it can be very bright but sort of obsessional.

This does not mean they do not have feelings. Just that they can't express them and reach out. It afflicts men a little more often than women.

Let's face it. If Mr. Spock wanted a relationship, he wouldn't focus on feelings.