• 100 to 109
    • 110 to 119
    • 120 to 129
    • 130 to 139
    • 140 to 149
    • 150 or higher (how high?)
    • approximately that of a household sponge
    • Never Measured

I “suppose” IQ tests acceptably measure what they were intended to measure. Folks like to mess with the results by saying they don’t measure common sense, or knowledge, or memory, or any number of other things. I don’t think that they are supposed to. You can’t invalidate a foot race by saying: “Yeh, but it isn’t a test of jumping ability” because that’s got nothing to do with a foot race.

So … I guess the big question is: “What is intelligence?” Or, even more importantly, what do the test designers consider to be “intelligence”? Does anybody know of a place where “they” have written it down? I'd like to read that.

Just for the record: 163.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to have one as part of a test thing so I could use a computer in my exams because I can't write correctly.

That brings somethign to mind, why is it clever people normally have bad handwriting, My biology teacher has an IQ of 175 and his writing is real bad too!

For the record mine was actually scored at 165 and I have had anything from 192 - 134 in online ones which are less than reliable, the correct one is probably the one I had in school...

I agree with Prof.Marvel though, we first need a godo definition of intelligence befoere it has any meaning and even then there are different types of intelligence each with its own strong and weak points.

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

I took the WISC III at age 15 and scored 170.

The psychologist administering the exam said it was the highest score of anyone he had ever evaluated.

I'm sure my perspicacity has diminished somewhat thanks the continual onslaught of alcohol, marijuana, and other psychedelic substances it has had to endure.

I hope whatever deleterious effects these substances may have rendered within my consciousness are not too readily apparent.

Now please excuse me for a second while I roast a bowl for Jesus.