acid rain+plants experiment-Need Help!

For biology im doing an experiment and i decided to investigate the effects of acid rain on plant. Im not sure but i may be using strawberry for my experiment. Im goin to spray the acid rain onto the plant with a sprayer, and then add some to the soil. My question is what ph's should i use for this experiment (im goin to use 4 different ph's)? Im not sure because i do not know what concentration will kill it and which wont. I want my experiment to show obvious data, in other words, i want to see the effects from the acid on the plant, the best efect would be to have one of the acididities kill the pant right at the end, not instantly, but gradually. Im going to use a mixture of nitric acid and sulfuric, and m going to water the plants with this acid rain every three days for 5 weeks. And feedback will be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

I've heard that light acid rain (pH 5.5) can actually be beneficial to strawberries, tomatoes and corn. Soybeans are affected more adversely. You may want to start at pH 5.5.

Btw, don't post the same thread in multiple forums. If we don't get you some good answers here, ask and a Mod will move it into Biology for a while. We just don't want to confuse the community. Thanks.

I've heard acid rain can get as bad as pH 1.7, but I'm not sure your plant would survive till just before the 5 weeks were up. Perhaps you could do a 2-day test for the effects of what is essentially battery acid on a single plant. This might help you set your parameters.

Carbonic acid is also one type of acid that can be found in acid rain. You chould probably use low molarity acids, you want to avoid acid burns...

Don't forget to set up a control...mist the control plant with just water.

soil will be potting soil I will disperse it first onto leaves with a spray bottle, then to the soil. And do this every 3 days or so. The atmosphere will be in m house. Not terribbbly accurate, but it will do for a 10th grade project.

it`s not the PH it`s the molarity that needs to be correct, and it`s not Sulphuric, it`s Sulphurous acid that needs to be used.

about the molarity, why would i use it and how? what molarities would be best?

about the molarity, why would i use it and how? what molarities would be best?

By changing the concentration of the acid. Putting more water into the acid would decrease the molarity, and visa versa, you're school's chem teacher should be able to help you with this. Ask him/her about making dilutions.