Advice in Beginning to Learn

june5197

I've been interested in the sciences for a few years (cosmology and astronomy specifically), however I have only started self tuition for a month or two. I know a little... But I am only 13 and need help on where to start!

I am joining an astronomy club in september, and I am reading a few books. Also watching documentaries in my free time.

How should I go about learning? And are there any useful websites/books etc. of which you know are good to start out in cosmology and other related sciences?

Thank you

Edited by june5197

How should I go about learning? And are there any useful websites/books etc. of which you know are good to start out in cosmology and other related sciences?

Welcome and go well in your future.

But please remember this.

Astronomy/Cosmology and related disciplines have seen many changes of theories over the last century and will doubtless see many more over the next.

At your stage by all means take an interest in the subject, but be prepared to find much to unlearn in 10 to 20 years time.

Meanwhile you should put some effort into learning the basics (and more) of the Physical Sciences that have been tried and tested over hundreds or even thousands of years and will still be true many year into the future.

I know they are less glamorous but they are also essential.

:)

Edited by studiot