How is it possible for small particles with mass or photons with no mass to influence or make fields in far distant places ?

Mike Smith Cosmos

The last time I used an oscilloscopes they did have a time base setting in nanoseconds maybe 50 ns . so if a photon or RF signal of 100mhz passes by at one foot per nanosec . some form of electric field detector /sensors and magnetic field sensors , then somehow turn the transmitter down to gating for one photon per sync pulse . sit in the darkest of the dark room , and pulse for one photon at 30 sync pulses per second .The trickiest bit will be getting the stream of single photons at 30 hz. each pulse zinging a 100mhz for one photon worth each symc pulse itself going off once per sync pulse [30 times a second

mike

I was thinking more abstractly, and rhetorically. You're interacting with the photon. How do you do a measurement without an interaction?

I was thinking more abstractly, and rhetorically. You're interacting with the photon. How do you do a measurement without an interaction?

Good thinking ' Bat Man' why did I not think of that. This is double slit experiment on the move {PDQ] .

I will try and think while I am away. ..

,,. But I have that sinking feeling that Only maths will give the picture. ? As that way, you do not interfere and make the probability wave function collapse. ........But if you interfere you do get something ,.. but not the traveling Photon.... a grounded photon with a bent 'wing '... a collapsed probability ' wing '. ...... the energy of the photon is transferred to the resonant device.. YES ? ... it still remains

what does maths say the photon looks like while it is thundering along un resonated with ? Am i back to my pictures again .

post-33514-0-35250900-1394885428_thumb.j

post-33514-0-63870900-1395099793.jpg

mike

Edited by Mike Smith Cosmos