Absolute zero and c

Popcorn Sutton

Popcorn Sutton that is just not how it works. The best you could do is measure (lets say) the state of one of the particles in one box and you then instantly know the state of the partner entangled particle. However, you cannot force the particle you measure to be in a particular state and so you cannot use this to send a message. Quantum mechanics gives you just the right amount of noise to not be able to send a message in this way. You cannot transfer information like that.

I don't understand what you mean when you say noise.

Okay.

So we cannot force a particle that is in an entangled state to take some specified state when measured. The process is random and this is noise in our system, the signals you try to send have the right amount of noise to destroy the sending of information. Quantum mechanics seems setup to prevent instantaneous communication.

Traveling faster than speed of light may not be possible, but it is possible with respect to an observer.

Imagine freezing yourself in a bubble of absolute zero. For you, no time passes. So wrt to observation and the speed of light, it takes the light about 8 minutes to get here when it could only take you 1 second. That is technically traveling faster than the speed of light.

Duh, right?

This, combined with statistics, makes time travel possible.

And teleportation if you can preserve yourself during the process.

Here's a new law for u guys-

Nothing can travel faster than t while t = 0(o).

t = time with respect to the observer. In this case it equals 0 occurrences (0(o))

Omg I'm laughing so hard right now!

"Nothing" travels faster than the speed of light.

Lawrence Krauss would be proud lol

bro see my pot that will unser ur all questions [link removed]

hope i helped :)

!

Moderator Note

Rajnish, please do not hijack other threads to advertise your own. I have removed your link.

Do not reply to this mod note.

i was not advertising what will i got by advertising it :P

you all have answered his all questions there hence i said so can i re put that link again?

you all have answered his all questions there hence i said so can i re put that link again?

I suggest that if you have something useful to say then say it here rather than link outside this forum. You can then use a link to give further information, maybe if it is appropriate.

So what do you have to add here?

Edited by ajb

I suggest that if you have something useful to say then say it here rather than link outside this forum. You can then use a link to give further information, maybe if it is appropriate.

So what do you have to add here?

i wish i can show him my post on changing the laws in which according to me the members have already answered his all questions

Rajneesh, I'm saying this because I respect your admiration for science and mean no harm. 1) you're going to get banned if you keep up this charade, do not hijack threads, and try not to soapbox (meaning don't put yourself behind the podium). If you have an argument, people will discuss it, but at least try to make it practical. My purpose for engaging in scientific inquiry is to benefit humanity as soon as possible and without partaking in science fiction. If I do not know how something works, I kindly ask for explanation (as I have done above). I sincerely try to propose solutions for current conundrums, and I try to make them plausible in any way that I can. You may want to consider this approach.

2) You can't change the laws of physics, I'm not even going to bother trying to explain why (because I don't know) or kneel in your honorable presence. Understand that it is neither appealing for consideration, nor practical for our purposes (as leaders in the search for explanation, convenience, and prevention of death). Your argument is theology at this point.

• 4 months later...

Yay! I'm going to bring this thread back. Once again, I'm having a Lawrence Krauss day (hey buddy :) ). My voice has been heard. In this video, he brings up space and traveling faster than the speed of light. Once again I am choking on irony.

at approximately 1 hour and 40 seconds in, he says that travelling faster than the speed of light is allowed. "[because of expansion, eventually all the galaxies will be traveling away from us faster than the speed of light (it's allowed). What we've been teaching is that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light (and you have to parse this correctly). What we mean is that nothing can travel through space faster than the speed of light, but space can do whatever the hell it wants.]"

Mind. Blown.

Edited by Popcorn Sutton

What we've been teaching is that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light (and you have to parse this correctly). What we mean is that nothing can travel through space faster than the speed of light, but space can do whatever the hell it wants.]"

Which is why "nothing can travel faster than c" is a pet peeve of mine; it's a simplification to the point that it's wrong. No thing, i.e. chunk of something with mass, can travel at or faster than c, but that speed is a local measurement, and as you quote, space (not being a thing) can do whatever the hell it wants.