Of All Things...

calbiterol

What has happened to natural selection? I don't mean this at all in an evolutionary way, or I would have posted it in a different forum, but... Arg! This is perhaps the time when natural selection / survival of the fittest would do the most good! It's still around in nature, sure - but have we, as a species, progressed too far for our own good? Is cheating evolution really a good thing? Sometimes I wonder... People can be so stupid and destructive sometimes. Maybe we should just make artificial selection. You know, do it ourselves - in a "moral" way - maybe send the people who deserve to stick around to Mars or something, so that they don't have to deal with Earth's problems. Then let them be their own civilization. In a hundred years, maybe they'd be a superior race! I guess this whole thing is just venting about all the annoying, stupid, and incredibly and disgustingly idiodic (wow... that was redundant) people that I see all too much of.

High school. Ugh. Can't wait to get to college. ;)

We need resistance in order to grow. If everybody thought the same way, all but one of us would be unnecessary.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Think of it this way: all those idiots are here to show you what not to do. The more you see people being uselessly destructive, the more firmly against useless destruction you become. We need you to learn this so that, with your superior intelligence, you will survive and be the future of mankind.

But don't try to get rid of the idiots. We need them too. Treat them as obstacles to overcome, but don't let them diminish your spirit. If you do, they win.

• 9 months later...