Editor

I've run into a problem recently where I go to edit a post, and when I switch editing modes and back, the quote tags moved. i.e. text that was originally quoted is no longer included in the "quoted" section.

Also, all of the markup tags appear (background, size, color, etc.) in the text body. It's a mess.

WYSIWYG editors are traditionally a major area where browsers cannot agree on standards of operation. It's very difficult to make them work.

Invision, in their infinite wisdom, decided that WYSIWYG is the way forward and made their own shiny new editor, because BBCode is lame and mashing buttons that don't work is infinitely more satisfying.

I would like to add my voice to that. Quoting is problematic (Safari user here). I have had two problems, both specifically related to the fact that when you edit a reply the quoted text is "locked in a quote box" and I cannot seem to edit the tags:

1) sometimes I'll be trying to delete some quoted text from the top of the quote and if I accidentally backspace when the cursor is right at the beginning, then the server sends me back to the thread and I lose all my reply. (frustrating!)

2) I wanted to break up the quote into separate boxes and put some of my own text in between. It just wouldn't let me because i couldn't put the tags where I wanted them.