1. 1. psychcic powers or ga ga ??

• yes
    • no
    • can not say
    • other views please reply to this thread

Please use the search function.

http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1936

http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6027

We do not need to discuss anything 38237 times.

As for my opinion, no. There are no psychics. Just frauds. Think about it: if they were really psychic, wouldn't they go and win the lottery a few times?

As for my opinion, no. There are no psychics. Just frauds. Think about it: if they were really psychic, wouldn't they go and win the lottery a few times?

I wouldn't assume that psychics a) have control over it and b) always know they have it.

I frequently (on an almost daily basis) run into a situation that I feel as if I been in before. I have a good idea exactly what is going to happen next. I have no control over it. I can't explain it. I don't think I'm psychic, but I'm saying something like that could possibly be explored more before we can completely dismiss psychic powers, even though tv psychics have long since been dismissed.

I frequently (on an almost daily basis) run into a situation that I feel as if I been in before. I have a good idea exactly what is going to happen next. I have no control over it. I can't explain it. I don't think I'm psychic, but I'm saying something like that could possibly be explored more before we can completely dismiss psychic powers, even though tv psychics have long since been dismissed.

that is somehow related with the theory of dreams. jumble information in your braian get connected with each other under certain conditions. that is illusion. very normal psychological state not a psychic thing.

I have deja vu (how ever you spell it) all the time.

Well, that was my definition anyways.

I still find this type of power hard to believe. Since quite a few of the "psychics" are frauds*, I would like to wait for a good study of this before I really believe/disbelieve it.

*Harry Houdini once visited a "psychic" to see if they were real. This was the type of psychic who claimed to be able to talk to dead people. Houdini asked her if she could contact his dead sister and she did.

Houdini never had a sister at all. It was a fake psychic.

I still find this type of power hard to believe. Since quite a few of the "psychics" are frauds*, I would like to wait for a good study of this before I really believe/disbelieve it.

If they're fakes, they aren't psychic. And if they're not psychics, they can't very well be representative of psychics, can they?

Do you think you could stop rating all your own threads with five stars?

It's pointless and annoying.

i think that is the way things work all around. You also think that what you say is 5 star. but you dont say it coz you have to be humble higher level of "ego" or super-ego kind of thing according to sigmund freud. no hypocrasy my friend. i love what i say and think and i always rate it 5 star.

I second that. Way too many are willing to believe in pyschic powers without proof simply because it is an interesting possibility.

• 2 weeks later...

I love this psi stuff.

But sadly of all the tests I have seen and even participated in a few, not one has yielded anything that looks like there is any such effect.

in fact the outcomes are worse than chance in most experiments.