Trolling is a Fascinating Sociological Phenomenon

Somebody wrote a paper about internet trolls?

Is it just me or could they have spent that energy doing something more productive?

I thnk it is just you. Internet trolling provides an interesting example of a particular mindset. The motiviations and methods should be of interest and value to anyone intrigued by human behaviour. Of course, if you do not believe the proper study of humans is humans then I can see why you would view this as a waste of time. That viewpoint in itself is interesting.

(And welcome to the forum.)

Edited by Ophiolite

nice posting above here.I am searching this information from long time.

Of course you were. And the fact that your other four posts were equally bland and uninformative wouldn't be because you are some form of troll or bot, would it?

Ophiolite, for your information (and eveyone else's), the mods are keeping an eye on the posts by Devonte, and it is our expectation that it is a bot, or at least a cheap spammer... so far no commercial links though.

I do not think he's a troll. A troll would have to write something slightly more controversial to get our attention. A troll feeds on replies... this is almost the opposite of that: a post so empty of information and opinion that it might go unnoticed if the average member of our forum wouldn't have a brain the size of a planet.