Black holes create new universes?

Moontanman

Some where in the not too distant past... I read that black holes create new universes by ripping through space time and the energy released by such a puncture (puncture seems more to the point) releases even more energy that expands (energy of expansion was the wording) and creates anew space time full of energy condensing into matter... at some point it seems I remember something about the mass of the black hole reaching a critical mass but then again maybe not...

The idea was that universes that have laws of physics that give rise to black holes are more likely to give rise to other universe via the creation of black holes and so propagate their laws of physics. Laws of physics that gave rise to fewer black holes or resulted in lots of small black holes do not propagate as well...

just lucky the laws that allow the correct number of black holes result in life?

did i get that too wrong to even be understood?

I've read that hypothesis before, you got it pretty right.

The issue I have with that idea is if the mass/energy of the BH creates another universe, what keeps the BH's gravitational field going in this universe?

I think there are a few of these Universe in a black hole Theories. You might google "fecund universe" or "cosmological natural selection", there are some informative threads here on sfn too from Martin and Bascule mostly (I think) from two or three years ago.

I don't know if these would count as a wormhole to another universe,but I don't see any real distinction.

I've read that hypothesis before, you got it pretty right.

The issue I have with that idea is if the mass/energy of the BH creates another universe, what keeps the BH's gravitational field going in this universe?

Well I've stuck my neck out may as well go all the way.

How do we know super massive black holes don't just vanish at some point? Aren't there large galaxies that have no central black hole?

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2001AJ....122.2469G

I think there are a few of these Universe in a black hole Theories. You might google "fecund universe" or "cosmological natural selection", there are some informative threads here on sfn too from Martin and Bascule mostly (I think) from two or three years ago.
I don't know if these would count as a wormhole to another universe,but I don't see any real distinction.

Thanks, very interesting...

http://evodevouniverse.com/wiki/Cosmological_natural_selection_(fecund_universes)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Smolin