upgraded forum news

We have all been aware that the Forum has been upgraded.

The container has changed, what about the content?

By "content" I mean not the content of the dicussion boards, but the content of forum itself, its organization etc.

Till now I have gathered this important feature from Hypervalent_iodine:

For those of you who haven't noticed, the new software also autosaves your posts (see the bottom left of the text window); if you need to refresh the page or if something else happens along that line, it will keep your post saved for you (which I think is amazing).

Anything else new?

This is new too.

On the very top left of the text editor is a button that looks like a toggle switch for a light. See if the buttons grey or ungrey when you press that.

And

My profile photo and my avatar are the same?

In the old version they were different.

From what I gather, the new system removed the profile photo option and just replaced it with the avatar.

Edited by michel123456

If you use the View new Content button at the upper right of the page, you can then click on either the star (which means you have participated in the thread already) to the left of the title or the dot (which means you have not participated yet) and it will automatically take you to the last page of the thread. I find this handy.

Hover your pointer over a member's name and you get a box that will allow you to view many essentials, including a link to PM the member. That's also handy.