Intelligent Design?

Moontanman

Iirc, the ID proponents claim that RLN is a great design, because it develops like a river, going with the flow as the body develops from birth. Since God made the rivers, and they're so well designed, the RLN MUST be a great design as well! :blink:

Well, that would be a pretty silly use of the "design inference." I read a chapter from an ID book that was supposed to address instances of suboptimal design in nature and all it really did was weakly criticize a couple examples that were the easiest targets and then act like it had refuted to whole idea. Pull a silly "purpose" out of one's ass (e.g., the crappy design of the human eye keeps the retina warm), make some specious and/or trivial claims (e.g., junk DNA isn't really junk!); therefore, suboptimal design isn't a problem.

I once wrote out a detailed compilation of evidence for evolution at the request of a creationist friend of mine and the response consisted of a bullshit "rebuttal" of one or two of the arguments (there were dozens) and then a "and the rest are similarly fallacious" dismissal. GTFO.