Caffine

Jordie

I am 100% sure this topic would deal with Chemistry. Anyway,

1. Can Caffine kill you if you drink to much.

2. How much would you have to drink.

3. What is it in it that would kill and what does it kill.

I tried searching the Internet but couldn't find much on the subject. I will keep trying. Maybe it is just the terms I am using.

Two words; Jolt Cola.

One night at a club ( at 18 yrs old, long ago, whell the 90's)...

I was on stage because I always managed to get VIP passes or so...

I see these little sodas. Never seen them before. They are called red bull.

There was a whole cooler of them. I tried one... "Ewwwww...., but kind of good." Kind of like the whole S&M thing, pleasure and/in pain. The disgusting taste grew on me real quick. I drank 8 or 10 of them. I weigh about 120. Hmmmm 1 red bull is like two cups of strong coffee, and I NEVER touch caffeine... So I think my heart is going to explode my stomach hurts and I can't sleep, real fun....

I do wish they made a caffeine free red bull, the taste is delicious and disgusting at the same time...

actually, it wasnt jolt or red bull. he did this like 20 years ago; he drank like 10 cups of green tea and ate about a million chocolate espresso beans

Green tea has almost no caffeine or tannin. Thats what I drink. I get mine hand rolled from a mountain in china. I will only drink it if its grown abouve 1000m. I enjoy the art of Cha dao. Also a good Oolong (Oriental beauty) from the same region of china is delightfull, but contains caffeine...

Im addicted to caffeine.

Quite caffeine and swith to coca leaves, doesn't last as long, is less jittery..

Make an organic smelling tea... Great for in the AM... I chew the shit raw (Like the the indians of peru.) ****s up your gums though. but not as bad a chewin' backy' or caffine..,

Quite caffeine and swith to coca leaves, doesn't last as long, is less jittery..

Make an organic smelling tea... Great for in the AM... I chew the shit raw (Like the the indians of peru.) ****s up your gums though. but not as bad a chewin' backy' or caffine..,

I like the long lasting effects of caffeine, helps in the wee hours of the morning when I finally decide to study for my quantitative analysis test thats only few hours away. damn I hate quant...

• 9 months later...

I tried extracting caffeine from tea and coffee several times with poor yields. I think my biggest mistake was using naptha - don't use naptha it really sucks at pulling alkaloids out. I'm gonna try it from coffee at some point with a defatting step with toluene (after acidification with HCl), precipitation of tannins w/ calcium ascorbate, basification and pulling out the freebase with chloroform. Think it will work? I know it's really cheap to just buy but it'd be cool to get good yields of relatively pure crystals from plant material.

LOL @ dandygurl...I don't think chewing coca leaves is legal in the US bc of the cocaine content. I'd imagine it would be a great cold remedy though. Numbing of the sore throat and nasal decongestant effects from the CNS stimulation.

I'm addicted to caffeine, and it will keep you up ALL night in sufficient quantities.