Faster than light

MajinVegeta

Guest facultas

if light as no mass how is it a black hole can consume it?

acording to the therory of zero point gravity tecnologies a object of any size could obtanian zero mass/weight there for creating the possobility of ligth travel or greater.

look it up.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Radical Edward said in post #73 :

yes. electrons often travel faster than light.

But that's only in mediums where light has an apparent speed below c. do not confuse the speed of light in various mediums with c. c only refers to the speed of light in a vacuum, and not to its apparent speed in any other medium.

I've seen some good arguments and rationalizations of how things could actually all be moving at C,or why not faster than C, from a to b to be where they are. In my mind the whole universe works faster than C and we only perceive up to that limit. I imagine there is a little consensus but I can't devise an experiment yet that will prove it. Still workin.

Just aman

• 4 months later...

I think that the electrons aren't going faster than light, they're going through worm-holes. It's impossible ot go faster than light unless you you an infinite amount of energy, which is impossible, or so Einstein said.

It seems more reasonalbe that they travel through tiny worm-holes than using infinite amounts of energy to go faster than light.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Imagine a wormhole that goes to a planet 2 million light years away. On Earth we see it as it was 2 million years ago. You step in the wormhole and you are there. 2 million years have passed for you in an instant and you see it as it is now relative to Earth. You look back at Earth and you see it as it was 2 million years before. You jump in another wormhole and your back on Earth in the present. You travelled faster than the speed of light 4 million light years in minutes and yet only minutes have passed on Earth.

Intuitively faster than the speed of light has no effect relative to your departure point but sub-light does, or am I wrong.

Just aman

• 3 months later...
Why is being right embarassing? Relativistic effects are perfectly accountable for without separating space from time. I strongly doubt Einstein said we exist anywhere other than space-time, since he basically came up with space-time.

One from the historiebooks: Einstein himslef always kept x,y,z from t.. It was Minkowski that came upp with the idea of Spac-Time combined.. so it becam 4d... but since Einsteins is most well known, he gets creed! Minkowski was further more one of Eintsteins teachers! Or even Bether his Mentor!

• 5 weeks later...
If electrons move faster than light, why dont they go back in time.

c my friend... if ever electrons travel faster than light( although it can never happen) then their time wont run back.. instead its time will become imaginary which is clearly hypothetical time. :cool:

c my friend... if ever electrons travel faster than light( although it can never happen) then their time wont run back.. instead its time will become imaginary which is clearly hypothetical time. :cool:

No relativity says that Time will go backwards.. but it's Mass that must become imaginary!

Imaginary Time is another thought experiment by Hawkings... but this had to do with backing time even longer than the begining of Big Bang...

One from the historiebooks: Einstein himslef always kept x,y,z from t.. It was Minkowski that came upp with the idea of Spac-Time combined.. so it becam 4d... but since Einsteins is most well known, he gets creed! Minkowski was further more one of Eintsteins teachers! Or even Bether his Mentor!

Well, it was minkowski's concept of space-time that said what we call the present depends on our position and motion relative to the 4 axes, which leads to interesting paradoxes. He came up with this by modifying the galilean concept of space-time under his assumption of inseparable 4-d coordinates. Einstein used this minkowskian space-time, but separated x,y,z from t. This seems to be the most comatible combination of the two concepts.