I think the answer is no, but I have some wax for my braces which I left exposed to the air in the bathroom. Then I cleaned part of my trumpet out, and left a rusty metal snake on top of the wax. Anyways, I rinsed off the wax under hot water, and I just want to double check that the rust can't hurt me when I use it in my mouth.

I think the answer is no, but I have some wax for my braces which I left exposed to the air in the bathroom. Then I cleaned part of my trumpet out, and left a rusty metal snake on top of the wax. Anyways, I rinsed off the wax under hot water, and I just want to double check that the rust can't hurt me when I use it in my mouth.

unless you ingest broken off pieces or have an area of eroded epithelium in your mouth.

Anyways, I rinsed off the wax under hot water, and I just want to double check that the rust can't hurt me when I use it in my mouth.

The rust was still there after you rinsed off the wax? Can't you just scrape off the part of the wax that has rust on it?

I don't think you'll ingest much just putting the wax on your braces. Even if you'd put the snake on top of your yogurt I don't think there'd be enough iron oxide to hurt you.

If you do get lockjaw though, you'll have plenty of time to hear my lecture about cleaning your tools and putting caps back on air-sensitive supplies. And I have another lecture about sentence structure. :blink: