Co2 + Salt = Air?

Seff

A while ago, I was discussing some stuff with a random person in this chat, and somehow our conversation drifted off to not trusting your sources. As an example, he told me not to beleive that the forests are our main source of air. He said that salt and Co2 (I think) create air when they meet. Since salt is running rampant in our seas, this, if it's true, could very well make trees obsolete as it were, in terms of us needing air from them. I'm only talking about air here, I know trees are important for a whole slurr of other reasons, but I'm only talking about air here, breatheable air.

So my question: Does this chemical reaction exist? Something like it? If so, would it be enough to keep us going without the rainforests and such?

"the O2 comes from the sea by the action of tiny plant life Algae :)"

It's odd how people usually think that rainforests produce about all of the world's oxygen. Of course, they do produce quite a bit, but big trees consume it quite a bit.

"and then a wale comes and eat them, lol."

I thought whales eat mackerels and the like mostly?