The Lifters: How?

electro static repulsion/attraction is quite real (think Electroscope for instance). this has also been explored by Nasa and the military as a means of assising lift (or drag) on certain types of wing where the leading and trailing edge are charged to a certain potential. as far as I know it`s insuficient for flight on it`s own, but can help with fuel economy and few other things I don`t rem.

• 2 weeks later...
electro static repulsion/attraction is quite real (think Electroscope for instance). this has also been explored by Nasa and the military as a means of assising lift (or drag) on certain types of wing where the leading and trailing edge are charged to a certain potential. as far as I know it`s insuficient for flight on it`s own, but can help with fuel economy and few other things I don`t rem.

yea I agree I remember a trip to a science fair where a machine would make your hair stand straight up and staticly bond certain objects to the wall is this like a similar process as lifting?

they`re not Too difficult to make, but a certain level of DIY skills are needed.

as for Dangerous, that all depends on what you do with it. the ones used in lab demos cant kill you, but a jolt may make you react suddenly and bump yourself on something or someone, esp if your not expecting it :)

Edward, have you considered Gyroscopic Lifters at all?

they may also be of interest to you :)

"The principle behind the experiment is very simple. After spinning up the gyroscope to 18,000 revolutions per minute, it is put inside an airtight container and allowed to fall between two laser beams. These record how long the gyroscope takes to fall nearly 6ft between the two beams. Any reduction in the strength of the gravity reveals itself in a slight increase in the time it takes to fall the 6ft.

In a series of 10 runs, the team found that the gyroscope took about 1/25,000 of a second longer to fall when it was spinning than when it was stationary - equivalent to an anti-gravity effect of just one part in 7,000… "

taken from here: http://ascension2000.com/ConvergenceIII/c04-gravity.htm

it`s not exactly "Anti-Gravity" but there are forces at work that require a jolly good explaination!

taken from here: http://ascension2000.com/ConvergenceIII/c04-gravity.htm

it`s not exactly "Anti-Gravity" but there are forces at work that require a jolly good explaination!

AFAIK the Sunday Telegraph isn't a scientific journal, thus no peer review. The quoted areas were written by a science correspondent, so you don't know how much he got wrong in summarizing things. He says that the experiment was in an airtight container, which to me does not imply a vacuum. But there are no details on any calculations of lift rotating body might achieve. I also can't reconcile the "10 runs," "1 part in 7000 difference" and "can't be explained by experimental error." The statistical error on 10 runs is 31%.

The next statement about spinning bullets seems to ignore the lift you get from the bullet.

Oh, and then there's the aether that keeps getting mentioned.

So take all of that with a huge grain of salt.

• 7 months later...

Plug one of these lifters in while it's inside a vacuum and it will remain perfectly still. These work by ionized air, creating a pressure differential. No mysterious "anti-gravity" at work. Nothing to see here folks. Move along.