Steve Jobs Died Today

Daedalus

I expect that if had lived another 20 years there would have been some future "cooler" gismos out there :(

Yeah, but what if Mozart, or Einstein had lived another 20 years? Many important people have died early. How about Alexander? Can you believe all of the changes in the world and history that would have taken place?

Yeah, but what if Mozart, or Einstein had lived another 20 years? Many important people have died early. How about Alexander? Can you believe all of the changes in the world and history that would have taken place?

Einstein did alright, 76 years. I don't know about important changes, but if Alexander would have lived 20 more years the world might have been different but he did concur most of the known world in his time. He probably later would have concurred India which might have made it a more aggressive culture and able to thwart its takeover by future cultures such as the Muslims and the English millennium later. Mozart would certainly have had a lot more to offer.

//

Edited by pantheory

I expect that if had lived another 20 years there would have been some future "cooler" gismos out there :(

Is that, "there would have had been", or perhaps "there would soon be"?

I suppose you mean relative to the number or quality of future "cooler" gizmos that we should still expect.

It will just have to be someone else who makes them a reality. I suppose if there's something we can learn from Jobs, it's that... If you think that something is possible, don't rest until someone else makes it a reality. That's not meant as an insult; Jobs was a leader more than an engineer, and if we all did only what we're capable of doing ourselves, then we'd probably mostly give up soon after dreaming up an idea.

If more of us work with persistence to make imagined possibilities real, we should have some pretty cool gizmos in the next 20 years.

Is that, "there would have had been", or perhaps "there would soon be"?

Jobs might have brought us cooler gizmos sooner, or better in some way. Or maybe some version that we now might not ever see.

He who is there first with the coolest, and the mostest for the leastest gets the business and accolades -- such was much of Steve Jobs' life.

I think Jobs would have brought us more crap that was made in China.

If Einstein had lived longer, I suspect he would have tried to disprove his own theories.

If Alexander would have lived longer, I suspect he would have become extremely dissatisfied with the amount of peace he generated in the world and then killed himself.

Edited by Genecks

Why? I don't know much about Einstein, but did he ever try doing that in the first 76 years of his life?

He didn't like the fact that his theories lead to quantum physics which is based on the idea that at the subatomic level things can move randomly, Einstein believed there would be a mathematical theory that could explain everything from the ground up and maybe there would have been if he hadn't died.

He didn't like the fact that his theories lead to quantum physics which is based on the idea that at the subatomic level things can move randomly, Einstein believed there would be a mathematical theory that could explain everything from the ground up and maybe there would have been if he hadn't died.

Oh! I had no idea, thanks for explaining!

If Einstein had lived longer, I suspect he would have tried to disprove his own theories.
Why? I don't know much about Einstein, but did he ever try doing that in the first 76 years of his life?

According to Einstein's writings he had to figure out how to "get around his own theory SR" in order to come up with GR (and somehow retain compatibility), and he tried to get around, while staying consistent with, SR and GR to come up with a single-force field theory, which he never was able to do.

Edited by pantheory

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.