riddles

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can't even think of a way for the 2nd person to get it wrong and die.

if the first person sees 2 red hats, he'll guess white, because it's the most probable. if he sees 1 white hat and 1 red hat, he'll guess red, because it's the most probable.

if the first person guessed red, the second person knows that he has the opposite color that the blind man has. if the first person guessed white, the second person will know he has a red hat.

then the blind man can deduce his own easily from that.

there's no reason for the people to be stupid, this is a life and death situation. and if you do only consider the blind man to be smart, then he has no way to know unless the other 2 both pick red.

hot damn!

the answer i was always told doesnt do anything with probability. i have never seen anyone actually look into it that deep. heres the anwer i got (and was told was correct):

for the first guy to get it wrong he had to either see 2 reds or a red and a white. if he saw two whites he would know the color of his hat was red.

so the second guy knows that if the blind guy has a white hat, his has to be red, or the first guy wouldnt have guessed wrong. so the fact that the second guy gets it wrong too means that the blind man didnt have a white hat, it had to be red.

the third guy puts it all together and goes free..

i think the blind was wearing the RED

i think he knew this from the probability

let c be blind and a,b be others

let o represents white and x represents red

now from the probability

we get

abc

xxx

xxo --2nd

xox

xoo --4th

oxx

xxo --6th

oox

out of these conditions ,2nd,4th and 6th cannot be possible as per the given condition that the first two people got their answers wrong.

then we have

abc

xxx

xox

oxx

oox

now frm above its clear that the blind was wearing RED

Special case

it may be that ,as the two people said red and they got wrong obviously the blind was wearing red.

This is a thread where each poster gives a riddle or an answer to a previous riddle. I'll start it off with a simple riddle. There are at least two answers that I know of.

What can you put in a barrel and make it lighter (can't remove the air and add a lighter composition of air or add a container of gas.)?

Lighter fluid and a lit match. Heavier at first but lighter after a minute or two.

Here's a simple one if you think about it. Ignore any misinformation I might have given about the World Cup itself.

It's the year 2002, and the Korea-Japan World Cup is just starting. At the first match between France and Senegal, the players of both teams, as well as two referees, lined up to hear the national anthem being played. All players stood at full attention, as well as the cheering fans in respect to the country. All had near-perfect postures, and if you were standing amongst the fans or on the field, you might believe that all of the occupants of the stadium were standing straight up. However, that would be impossible to be true. In fact, one could say that at most one person would have been standing straight up in the entire stadium. Why?

Guest Imnothere
This is a thread where each poster gives a riddle or an answer to a previous riddle. I'll start it off with a simple riddle. There are at least two answers that I know of.

What can you put in a barrel and make it lighter (can't remove the air and add a lighter composition of air or add a container of gas.)?

How about white paint

ok i've got one, You've probably all heard it before, but anyway:

A man is walking in the desert, he is captured by some local tribesmen. They take him to their king.

The king says to the man: "you have a chance to say one sentence, it has to be true or false. If you say a true sentence I will kill you quickly,If you say a false sentence, I will kill you slowly."

The man says one sentence, and the cheif has to let him go.

Now I've heard many plausible answers to this riddle, all correct, and because of that I'm only going to accept the one I'm thinking of HEHEHE :D

have fun with that one if you dont already know it!!!

A man is walking in the desert, he is captured by some local tribesmen. They take him to their king.

The king says to the man: "you have a chance to say one sentence, it has to be true or false. If you say a true sentence I will kill you quickly,If you say a false sentence, I will kill you slowly."

The man says one sentence, and the cheif has to let him go.

How about something that cannot be verified, such as, "there are 37 planets in this galaxy that have life on them." Or perhaps you could say something like, "After you let me go I will go to my house and eat a snickers bar." Or maybe, "If you let me go I will live to 100."

you can't kill me, im killable...HAH, thats BOTH....it will confuse the chief, and in his blind stupidity of contemplating what it is i just said, i will have unbound myself and escaped unscathed to go on and live a happy life with the witchdoctors daughter.

warcraft? or did warcraft copy that from somewhere else?

The quote originates from the cult-classic zombie-horror-comedy "Army of Darkness", the sequel to Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2. I *strongly* recommend all of them, especially Army of Darkness. It's *hysterical*.

Mokele

The answer should be a paradox, such like, "You are going to kill me"

ok... either i misunderstood or its written wrong or something...

if he answers false he kills him quickly, if he answers true he kills him slowly right? or vice versa? either way hes going to kill him so "you are going to kill me" and "you cant kill me, im unkillable" arent paradoxes(parawhatses? hows the plural go?), its true, the guy is going to kill him. if the riddle were that he dies for a false statement and lives for a true one it would make sense. im gonna go reread the riddle now, sorry if i misunderstood.

ok... either i misunderstood or its written wrong or something...

if he answers false he kills him quickly' date=' if he answers true he kills him slowly right? or vice versa? either way hes going to kill him so "you are going to kill me" and "you cant kill me, im unkillable" arent paradoxes(parawhatses? hows the plural go?), its true, the guy is going to kill him. if the riddle were that he dies for a false statement and lives for a true one it would make sense. im gonna go reread the riddle now, sorry if i misunderstood.[/quote']

yeah, a paradox would be "this statement is false."

and i think that's what's being looked for.

although, if i were the king, i'd just start killing him slowly, then when he pleads for a quick death, do so.