Hater of Ignorance

NSX

I know faf has this title on his username. I was wondering though; isn't this ironic? I mean:

www.dictionary.com:

ignorance

\Ig"no*rance\, n. [F., fr. L. ignorantia.] 1. The condition of being ignorant; the want of knowledge in general, or in relation to a particular subject; the state of being uneducated or uninformed.

www.dictionary.com:

hate

v. hat·ed, hat·ing, hates

v. tr.

To feel hostility or animosity toward.

To detest.

To feel dislike or distaste for: hates washing dishes.

Both have to do with not accepting something; so what does that make them in conjunction with each other?

Originally posted by fafalone

So with those definitions, to hate ignorance is to "detest the state of being uneducated"

sounds fine to me

and you're now on my ignorant list.

lol

Nothing against you; I was just bored one day.

Did you ever see an expert on television get asked a question and in front of a national audience and see him/her answer with a Adam/zarkov answer? My dog can drool an answer better than some of these knuckleheads. Some have no concept of recent history, much less the context of the times of past history they think they know. I just listened to a spokesperson for the peace demonstrations and got another dose of how were going to slaughter thousands of women and babies again.

Ignorance!!!!!

Just aman

A guy I knew in high school wanted to help on my 2 1/2 ton M36 truck I was taking to South America. He spent 2 hours putting a quart of oil down the dipstick tube.

He spent 1 hour wrenching out a 12 inch rusty bolt and cussed under the truck with a bunch of banging. I looked under and said "turn around and you'll get a better grip" cus a pipe was in the way and he only had about 1 inch to go. I came back an hour later and he'd wrenched it all the way back in.

I told him to run wire I hooked up under the dash back under the truck to the tail lights. I hooked up the tailights, hit the brakes and smoked the fuse. He loosened bolts under the truck, wrapped the wire around them, and tightened them back up shredding the insulation.

I told him to sand the front of the truck smooth to be painted later. He used a disk sander and sanded the heads off all the bolts holding everything inside the engine compartment. He kept hearing stuff drop but just continued. He paid $1,000 to come along but I kicked him off in Mexico with $2 and a backpack.

Also I had 60 companies behind the expedition and got an interview on an LA morning TV show. I was telling the host about the truck and my partner blurted out "Our truck is so tuff, it can climb hills up to 360 degrees." I wanted to choke him.

Thats a lot of stupid for 2 people in a short time.

Just aman

Originally posted by NSX

I know faf has this title on his username. I was wondering though; isn't this ironic? I mean:

Both have to do with not accepting something; so what does that make them in conjunction with each other?

It's baffling that you can have the definitions right there in front of you and yet still ask a nonsensical question.

Originally posted by NSX

What's nonsensical about it?

www.dictionary.com:

ignorance

\Ig"no*rance\, n. [F., fr. L. ignorantia.] 1. The condition of being ignorant; the want of knowledge in general, or in relation to a particular subject; the state of being uneducated or uninformed.

Originally posted by NSX

Both have to do with not accepting something

You figure it out.

• 4 weeks later...