Breaking The Laws Of Pysics

User314159

I am A programmer And made a server and client that both run at 30 frames per second. the

server counts down (99,98,97,96 so forth ) and sends values through the internet at 30 times a second

so I opened the client Put the it next to the server so I could see both values at the same time

as you would expect The client had a slight delay but when the server just turned to 96 the client had already had the value 95

that shouldn't be possible the client doesn't count it just reads values and displays

Did I break the laws of physics? or am I not seeing something?

I am A programmer And made a server and client that both run at 30 frames per second. the

server counts down (99,98,97,96 so forth ) and sends values through the internet at 30 times a second

so I opened the client Put the it next to the server so I could see both values at the same time

as you would expect The client had a slight delay but when the server just turned to 96 the client had already had the value 95

that shouldn't be possible the client doesn't count it just reads values and displays

There's also an issue of refresh rates of the screens. The *value* was probably transmitted in the right order while the screen momentarily displayed a delay value.

In any case, there's very *VERY* little chance you broke the laws of physics. As others have said, I'd go over the software and hardware first.

I added a image that rotates to check if there is any delay and there is not

EDIT: I'm going to put another computer next to the one I'm using now and will run the same application

Edited by User314159

The other computer gets the value ahead of time aswell

I must ask this... you don't... SERIOUSLY.. think you're breaking the laws of physics, do you?

We might want to change attitude and explain what physics means if you actually consider this option for real.

~mooey

Mr skeptic I use The Server To display the value it sending

Let me ask you, though.. what do *you* think is happening? There seem to be quite a large array of options here. I'm curious to know how you plan to "attack" the problem.

Yes, but do you output the values to the server before or after the server sends the value?

In other words, which is more accurate for the server version?

A:

getValue()
displayValue()
sendValue()

B:

getValue()
sendValue()
displayValue()

30 frames a second How can you read any values ? At 30 f/s you should only see a blur on the screen.

Does the programm loop back to 100 after conting down to 0 ?