Car Batteries and H2SO4

rocketman

how many moles of sulphuric acid are the in a car battery eg.0.5m, 1m, 2m etc
and you must also respect that this question alone is only half complete and therefore somewhat missleading.

how many moles in a car batt, well, specifiy the Volume of acid for a start :)

car batts come in MANY different sizes, an so I may have 2 moles in 1 batt and 1 mole in another, both acids at same conc, just different Volumes :)

I didn`t pick up on this as I wanted to see if someone else would, not to worry tho` :)

edited: for typos (too much celebration here :))

1 gram of Hydrogen is one mole.

and so why would 1 mole of Sulphuric Acid be less than that???

a "Mole" is a quantity taken from the Hydrogen base (Avogadro) or do you mean Molar?

edited: for typos, forgot how to spell "Avogadro" DOH!

98 what? Grams, beans, lightbulbs????

that was the point in my post, I had no intention of being deliberately "difficult", you really do need to define your terms a little better :)

for example: "so would 1 mole of sulphuric acid have a density of 0.098g/ml"

well it depends how much soln your "mole" of H2SO4 is in? the density alters with conc :)

and so I throw a mole of Sulphuric into the ocean and expect the density to change? :)

you still can`t ignore concentration :)

a mole of ANY substance is relative to it`s concentration when talking about "density" although I prefer to use Concentraion percentages.

as I said you can dump a mole of Sulphuric in the Ocean, it`ll not make an apreciable difference in its overall weight or density :)