Change and Time

In a universe full of all sorts of Particles and Waves, does the change of state of the particle or wave constitute merely a change or a passage of time .

( if so who's time ) . If only change exists does it matter going from state A to state B or from state B to state A . Does this constitute time going in the opposite direction.

Edited by Mike Smith Cosmos

In the latter years of his life Einstein spent much time with his friend Goedel discussing time. Does it really exist , they mused ? Its nature ?

Yes out here in the classical world, its very positive and with entropy very uni-directional. ( My comment )

But what happens in the quantum world ? ( My question )

There appear to be hints of something different ? ( Richard Feynman )

Yes out here in the classical world, its very positive and with entropy very uni-directional. ( My comment )

But what happens in the quantum world ? ( My question )

There appear to be hints of something different ? ( Richard Feynman )

If symmetry is the great guiding light should we not be looking for negative movement in time, as with matter antimatter, etc.?

. Where did everybody go ?

. Looks like I'm going to have all of the time in the world sitting on top of some hills in Italy, trying to contemplate the whole Shebang" . ( Time and all )

. No final takers ? Give me something to think about ?

From what I think I understand others to say time can speed up and time can slow down, but it never stops.

As I have thought about this it seems to me that this thought is slightly wrong. It seems to me that it is more of a spatial distortion. Where time remains the same and only seems to change from a distance. If the speed of light is constant to your frame of reference when space stretches or shrinks you would never notice because the speed of light adjusts with the changes. When you do any calculations from your frame of reference c is still equal to c and since distant is a derivative of c you would never notice a distortion of distance. Three meters would always be three meters from our reference point; it seems to me that none of this could be possible if time itself actually changed.

The clock keeps ticking with the same continuous meter. Things stretch, shrink, speed up, or slow down; all consistent with our frame of reference, and we notice these things because we say that c is constant. But, it seems to me that the reality of it is the only thing constant about c is its value, and the reason this is so, is that from our frame of reference whenever we test the value it always comes out to be c.

If you chart it; using a wave to represent distorted space and a straight line to represent your frame of reference; wherever you are in time on the wave it will line up exactly in time with the straight line, because wherever you are on the wave your reality, is the straight line. On the chart you can see that time remains constant; space is the only distortion.

What is time? The most precise non-philosophic answer might be any instance of position. An instance is equal to 1, not 1+, not 1-; plus or minus indicates another instance of position. There doesn’t seem to be a need to define it further.

What we pretty much do is state what constitutes a change of position then confuse the statement of position change with time.

Quantum thought might conclude that any unit system of position change is actually a packet of time; given stated dimension. Subsequently it could be infinitely divided, or expanded; given new dimension. When we compare point A to point B we are comparing one instance of position to another instance of position. The comparison can be thought of as a singular definition, but it can always be broken down into packets of dimension; to be defined by the observer. So, any observation is dimensional, meaning at minimum 1+, or 1-, and this doesn’t fit my definition. So we are not observing time; but rather packets of time that have been given stated dimension.