Ever catch spyware using Mozilla/Firefox?

Pangloss

Just curious if anyone else here has ever caught a virus or spyware on their computer using Mozilla or Firefox.

I use Mozilla as often as I can, but sometimes I have to hit a site using IE because of formatting problems in Mozilla. But so far I don't think I've ever caught spyware on my system using Mozilla, and it's been ages since I've had anything at all. Meanwhile everyone I know who's using IE is getting hit left and right, unless they're using anti-spyware, ad blockers, MyIE2, etc.

I use IE and I run ad-aware about once a week and it always turns up about 10-20 spywares. I have norton anti virus and firewall, so what's the worse that spyware can do to my computer, saying that my firewall blocks out most of the big time things.

I use IE and I run ad-aware about once a week and it always turns up about 10-20 spywares. I have norton anti virus and firewall, so what's the worse that spyware can do to my computer, saying that my firewall blocks out most of the big time things.

*Incredible*. And this is what I typically hear, too.

For a savvy user, like I assume pretty much everyone reading this, it's no big deal. But sometimes it can lead to a serious virus problem if you're not vigilent.

Where it's really a problem is for the vast majority of computer users, who really don't know what they're getting into. It's gotten to the point where if you do nothing you're *guaranteed* to get spyware/viruses.

Just curious if anyone else here has ever caught a virus or spyware on their computer using Mozilla or Firefox.

I use Mozilla as often as I can' date=' but sometimes I have to hit a site using IE because of formatting problems in Mozilla. But so far I don't think I've ever caught spyware on my system using Mozilla, and it's been ages since I've had anything at all. Meanwhile everyone I know who's using IE is getting hit left and right, unless they're using anti-spyware, ad blockers, MyIE2, etc.[/quote']

Pangloss, I'm using windows XP pro, along with IE. I was getting "pop-ups" every 5 minutes. I disabled my windows messenger service and the pop-ups disappeared. For extra protection, I activated my firewall.

before I got a good grip on the spyware issue, my pc was riddled with them. It was so bad, I could not use IE, at all.

I had my brother download netscape for me, and I installed it with the spyware already infecting my machine. I continued to use it infected for about 2 weeks before I finally found good programs, and never once did I have any trouble out of the crappy lil programs.

I for one believe all this spyware to be a conspiracy. McCaffe and Norton aren't making enough money off virus scanners, lets invent a new problem to make software for.

I find it funny that only microsoft OSs are effected, and also it indeed seems only IE. I didn't put that together until I noticed this topic.

I use Firefox for everything except work. I have 2 sites for work where I need IE. Monday-Friday I pick up about 8-12 data miners on average, and both sites are secure, so I get these in the time between when my home page pops up and I get to the sites.

Sat-Sun when I'm funning only Firefox I get bupkis.