Body Building

The best body-building suppliment to my knowledge is Creatine Monohydrate in powder form. I use Horleys.

It's amazing stuff, gives you a lot of initial boost for your workout.

People say dieting is good to do with bodybuilding as well, but honestly if you're taking creatine monohydrate eat as much of everything as you can because the more you eat (fat, protein etc) the more you'll get out of it, no sense worrying about diets when you want to bodybuild guys let's leave that to the women.

does my ass look fat?

I wouldn't stress the ooo so much.

Jajajajajajajajajajaj nice.

And well, i use a different but very similar aminoacid named L-Carnitine

And well, diet its important because you need to eat the things you are going to use.

But of course if you use to make intensive session, eating once in burger king is not going to make you any bad.

• 2 weeks later...

the big arms guy is in the " Guiness records" book for largest bicepts. He used riods and now finds it hard to use his arms and has related heart problems. must have been worth it huh? We should ask his family when he dies a truely unfortunate early demise

• 2 months later...

Hello. I'm a chemistry student who is very active and interested in human performance. I know more about steroids and other performance enhancing drugs than supplements but I'll offer as much information as I can.

To answer the original question, the best supplement that you will find is probably creatine. Basically, creatine prevents the buildup of lactic acid by providing your body with the resources to make more ATP. Your muscles will hold more water and therefore they will look bigger. The idea is by holding more water and getting that extra rep in the gym (due to ATP) you will overload your muscles and they will get bigger than without the supplement.

Its not dangerous but if you have a family history of kidney problems then I would suggest you talk with your doctor before using. Also, you only need a tsp per day, don't load creatine as those who profit from the sales of the supplements suggest.

General comments:

The guy above with huge arms is using steroids, but the size of his arms is due to a product called synthol. Synthol is an oil that is injected (intramuscular) and basically adds volume to the muscles. Synthol isn't a performance enhancing drug, it doesn't contribute to your functional ability at all. Its just an oil that extreme bodybuilders inject into their muscles that doesn't dissipate quickly. Its legal to purchase.

As for L-Car, the amino acid, its a waste of money.

Nutrition is one of the most important factors in building your body. You can't build your body without the building blocks right? Contrary to the bbing magazines who, by the way, make their money selling protein supplements and not magazines, all you need is about 1 gram per pound of weight. Most research suggests that anything above 1 gram per pound of weight is used for energy (through gluconeogenesis) rather than the repair, maintenance, and growth of structural tissues.

• 5 years later...
Is there an all natural suplement that you can take that is safe but still give you the fast results that steroids give. And if so can you buy them over the counter. I do not want steroids as they have alot of side effects,,but wish to have the fast results in a natural suplement. Any ideas?

Old weightlifting maxim I learned from a relative who was Mr. Northwoods 1983 or whatever:

"The quicker you gain muscle the quicker you lose it."