Existance of a Lazy Person.

bloodhound

I just read this on my frens door. very amusing.

But what will you do with the lazy man, the man who does not want to work?

That is an interesting question and you will probably be very much surprised when I say that there is really no such thing as laziness. What we call a lazy man is generally a squares peg in a round hole. That is the right man, in the wrong place.

-Alexander Berkman

true but what i meant by "important" was productive towards society or another person.

What if a person is so incompetent that all his actions have a negative effect on society? It would therefore follow that by doing nothing he is having a positive effect as society would not have to waste resources fixing up his mistakes.

God I love Grecian logic. :)

well if that were the case, then it would be a good thing to be inert. But if the importance is counter-productive to society, it would be good to someone-maybe himself, so he's not lazy. They're just not a second-hander (I love Ayn Rand logic)

not exactly a creator, but definitely not a second hander.

If he is not doing a lot, but getting by enough on his own to put a roof over his head and food on his table, I say leave him be. However, if he has no physical problems, or mental ones other than a lack of desire, I say that's his choice, but he shouldn't go to the government or others looking for a handout.

I visited some of the less frequently traveled Islands in the BVI's. Some of the people lived in homes we would call shacks. They had a few rows of vegetables growing in the yard and a couple of chickens running around.

However, because of the climate, they didn't need better shelter. Between what they grew, eggs laid by the hens, and seafood they caught, they had all they needed to survive in relative comfort. The government was tried to get industries come so they could be put to work, but they weren't interested, and I don't much blame them.

I'd say fishing, gardening ad drinking tequilla all day would be pretty awesome.

(Okay, okay, I added the tequilla part, but anything worth doing is worth doing right.)

And hey, they just clarified my life goal for me, so I'd say they just did me a favor... so... awesome they are.

Ya gotta get your syntax right. I wouldn't mind (to paraphrase Buffet), "Goin' to the Islands, Fishing the pilin's, and drinkin' green label all day either.

People tell me I'd get bored with it, and I say, "I would love to have the opporunity to be bored with it, and if it happens, then I'll come home. - It can't be worse than the day to day grind I do now."

• 2 weeks later...

Here in the US

the man who does not want to work

is unfortunately supported by the democrats. Too many times I have witnessed a grown man sitting at home all day watching Kong-fu movies while his six children (from different females) are in daycare. This man is emptying my wallet and depleting my hard-earned money that I need to pay for my “privileged” healthcare. The democrats seem to build housing and provide all sorts of essentials for these “leaches.” We need to pull the plug on the lazy sonofabitch’s cable box and send him out to sink or swim in the real world!

well there is a number of ways of describing 'laziness';

Emotinal: cnt be bothered to show you are happy etc.

Physical; Cnt be bothered to move

Mental; Cnt be bothered to work; think intelligentley

I fall under the second category very much so, and also the first.