Time travel is really light projection travel

Dean Mullen

I believe if you travelled faster than the speed of light regardless of it being possible or not, just say it was you would not time travel but light projection illusion time travel in other words if you travel faster than the speed of light you are moving faster than the projections themselves or the light itself thus they move relatively further away thus the light beams coming from another object would seem to get further & further away thus giving one the illusion that you are watching the object which produces the light beams as before it happened, yet also don't forget you would be moving faraway from this object thus if you moved back towards it, you would find you haven't time travelled at all and that the object is still in the present and so are you and so are you and the object. here is some mathematical equations to explain what I mean

Object = C

You = C x 2 (your travelling twice the speed of light)

If you look at the object, for every unit of time passed it would appear to move that further back in time, in other words if you travelled C x 2 for one second you would see the object as it was one second before the time it is, and then travel an extra second and it you get the light a second before that, and so if you travelled at C x 2 for five years, you would see the object as it was five years before you left, thus you may get to see yourself beside the object, thus get the illusion there is two you's, and in other words you would view time as going backwards, yet in truth you would just be going further into space and to places that haven't recieved the light that is of the true state of the object, so an example of this idea would be:

You Leave Earth for a star that is 10 light years away in 2011.

You travel to the star at C x 2 and arrive there in 2016.

If you look back at Earth, you would see the earth as it was 10 years before 2016 thus 2006.

So if you looked back at Earth you would see it as if you have travelled back in time yet it is all an illusion.

And then if you waited till 2026, you would see yourself leaving the earth and heading towards you.

Yet this is obviously just the light of you leaving which you have left behind, so in other words if you travel at C x 2 you lose your light property, and I guess time travel to the past isn't possible even if you travelled faster than the speed of light. Yet it is not possible to travel faster than the speed of light, but even if it was time travel to the past wouldn't be possible regardless.

But if it was possible to exceed the speed of light in this way, wouldn't you have to stop relative to the source to even see it again? E.g. as you accelerate toward C, time on Earth would appear to be slowing down and the image would become faded and redshifted. Once you reached C, time would appear stopped on Earth if you could see it, but you couldn't see it because the energy of the light relative to you as an observer would be zero. Then, as you sped past light in front of you, you could possibly see Earth's past moving backward in front of your vehicle instead of behind it. If you would make it to Cx2, the light of the past would be moving toward you at C and so you would then see an image of the Earth's past going backward in front of your vehicle at a natural rate of time, brightness, and hue (i.e. no redshift). Does this make sense?

Edited by lemur

I believe if you travelled faster than the speed of light regardless of it being possible or not, just say it was you would not time travel but light projection illusion time travel in other words if you travel faster than the speed of light you are moving faster than the projections themselves or the light itself thus they move relatively further away thus the light beams coming from another object would seem to get further & further away thus giving one the illusion that you are watching the object which produces the light beams as before it happened, yet also don't forget you would be moving faraway from this object thus if you moved back towards it, you would find you haven't time travelled at all and that the object is still in the present and so are you and so are you and the object. here is some mathematical equations to explain what I mean

Object = C

If you look at the object, for every unit of time passed it would appear to move that further back in time, in other words if you travelled C x 2 for one second you would see the object as it was one second before the time it is, and then travel an extra second and it you get the light a second before that, and so if you travelled at C x 2 for five years, you would see the object as it was five years before you left, thus you may get to see yourself beside the object, thus get the illusion there is two you's, and in other words you would view time as going backwards, yet in truth you would just be going further into space and to places that haven't recieved the light that is of the true state of the object, so an example of this idea would be:

You Leave Earth for a star that is 10 light years away in 2011.

You travel to the star at C x 2 and arrive there in 2016.

If you look back at Earth, you would see the earth as it was 10 years before 2016 thus 2006.

So if you looked back at Earth you would see it as if you have travelled back in time yet it is all an illusion.

And then if you waited till 2026, you would see yourself leaving the earth and heading towards you.

Yet this is obviously just the light of you leaving which you have left behind, so in other words if you travel at C x 2 you lose your light property, and I guess time travel to the past isn't possible even if you travelled faster than the speed of light. Yet it is not possible to travel faster than the speed of light, but even if it was time travel to the past wouldn't be possible regardless.

Nothing can match even the speed of light and you want it to be double. It won't be an illusion. It would be time travel. Time will slow down as compared to the universe. Also, you will gain infinite mass and would require lots of energy to speed up! Mathematically, it's possible only when you break all laws of physics!

Object = C

You can have an apparent separation speed great that c, but this will not correspond to a speed as measured by an inertial observer.

But if it was possible to exceed the speed of light in this way, wouldn't you have to stop relative to the source to even see it again? E.g. as you accelerate toward C, time on Earth would appear to be slowing down and the image would become faded and redshifted. Once you reached C, time would appear stopped on Earth if you could see it, but you couldn't see it because the energy of the light relative to you as an observer would be zero. Then, as you sped past light in front of you, you could possibly see Earth's past moving backward in front of your vehicle instead of behind it. If you would make it to Cx2, the light of the past would be moving toward you at C and so you would then see an image of the Earth's past going backward in front of your vehicle at a natural rate of time, brightness, and hue (i.e. no redshift). Does this make sense?

But you have to trust time exists, I believe it should be called space-motion, you can speed up & slow down motion and time is just a method we humans use to distuingishe points between two events and a tick tock clock is just a mechanism that is set at a fixed rate, but it is not really time that causes it to flow it is just motion and that if you travel at Cx2 then the motion would go backwards yet that is not possible, I guess regardless of what I or you say it doesn't matter because nothing can go faster than the speed of light, but yet I do understand what you mean but time does not exist in my opinion and that is why you cannot travel at Cx2

But you have to trust time exists

!

Moderator Note

This is the relativity section within the physics forum. In the physics forum, we trust that time exists. If not trusting that time exists is part of your discussion, this can be moved to speculations.