Life On Moon Theory

Cyclonebuster

I would say highly unlikely. I can't say impossible, but I think the lack of heat and substantial atmosphere of any kind would make the formation of life highly unlikely. The moon's temperature might have been high enough to form cyanobacteria, but without an atmosphere this wouldn't work out.

I would say highly unlikely. I can't say impossible, but I think the lack of heat and substantial atmosphere of any kind would make the formation of life highly unlikely. The moon's temperature might have been high enough to form cyanobacteria, but without an atmosphere this wouldn't work out.

Does it need an atmosphere when when it is underground or underwater, still plenty of heat on the surface baking it to a few meters in depth I suppose?

Edited by Cyclonebuster

There is no liquid water on or in the Moon. There is water ice in never-sunlit craters near the Moon's South Pole and a tiny amount of H2O bound up in chemicals away from the poles. Regarding the water ice in those craters: The reason that ice exists in those craters is because essentially no energy reaches the bottoms of those craters. The bottoms of those craters are very, very cold, about -300 F.

There is no life on the Moon, and that is a good thing. It means that the Moon is free from constraints and it is ours to use.

Edited by D H

There is no liquid water on or in the Moon. There is water ice in never-sunlit craters near the Moon's South Pole and a tiny amount of H2O bound up in chemicals away from the poles. Regarding the water ice in those craters: The reason that ice exists in those craters is because essentially no energy reaches the bottoms of those craters. The bottoms of those craters are very, very cold, about -300 F.

There is no life on the Moon, and that is a good thing. It means that the Moon is free from constraints and it is ours to use.

How do you know it doesn't exist in sunlit craters also?

Edited by Cyclonebuster

The Moon essentially has no atmosphere. Water cannot exist on the Moon except in those deep, never-lit craters at the Moon's poles.

How do you know that liquid water can't exist in craters that are lit some of the time? Are there any craters like that on the moon? If so how many of them are there? How do you know that surface tension of the regolith can't hold liquid water below the surface?

Edited by Cyclonebuster

There is not no possibility to exist a life on the surface of the Moon.

There are two possibility.

One comes from the Earth, the other one comes from the other area in the Solar system.

I suggest that first one is more reasonable.

The materials in the earth can escape from the Earth to space by using volcanic eruption, asteroid ,comet collision or hi altitude atmosphere microorganism.

Most of them are come back to the Earth, but some of them can escape from the Earth.

In the past scientist said the escaped life from the earth is not impossible to live.

But recently the bacteria which in the salt crystal and the fungi which lives in the very radiative environment are discovered.

And there are many asteroids which contain water in our solar system.

So we can not say some of these asteroids not collided with the Moon before.

This is only a possibility.

Edited by alpha2cen

The triple point pressure of water is 611.73 pascal. The atmospheric pressure on the Moon is 2 to 3 ×10-10 pascal. It is physically impossible for liquid water to exist anywhere on the surface of the Moon, Cyclonebuster.

The triple point pressure of water is 611.73 pascal. The atmospheric pressure on the Moon is 2 to 3 ×10-10 pascal. It is physically impossible for liquid water to exist anywhere on the surface of the Moon, Cyclonebuster.

How about below the surface where surface tension can hold it there?

There is not no possibility to exist a life on the surface of the Moon.

There are two possibility.

One comes from the Earth, the other one comes from the other area in the Solar system.

I suggest that first one is more reasonable.

The materials in the earth can escape from the Earth to space by using volcanic eruption, asteroid ,comet collision or hi altitude atmosphere microorganism.

Most of them are come back to the Earth, but some of them can escape from the Earth.

In the past scientist said the escaped life from the earth is not impossible to live.

But recently the bacteria which in the salt crystal and the fungi which lives in the very radiative environment are discovered.

And there are many asteroids which contain water in our solar system.

So we can not say some of these asteroids not collided with the Moon before.

This is only a possibility.

I can only think of one word that explains what you are saying. Panspermia is it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panspermia

Thomas Gold proposed the idea of a deep hot biosphere existing on ten bodies in our own solar system, 5 of them are moons but not Earths moon. Earths moon shows little or no signs of water deep inside, no out gassing of steam. If the collision scenario of the Moons formation is true this would be the expected result, a dry world with no internal water to speak of. Ice frozen in dark craters would not be conductive to life. Now if the idea of a dry Moon interior is mistaken it might be possible for there to be a deep hot biosphere on the moon but it would be many miles down at least.

See Gold's book "The Deep Hot Biosphere"

In the mesopore of the microporous material or in the void between the small particles water can exit as liquid state. Even At the very low pressure, the water in the void can be existed as liquid.

This phenomena is called, confined fluid between the narrow plate.

Edited by alpha2cen

In the mesopore of the microporous material or in the void between the small particles water can exit as liquid state. Even At the very low pressure, the water in the void can be existed as liquid.

This phenomena is called, confined fluid between the narrow plate.

That sounds like complete gobbledygook. Grammatically incorrect gobbledygook, to boot.

wikipedian_protester.png

How about seeing this site?

http://aiche.confex.com/aiche/2005/techprogram/P22981.HTM

Then you know what I mean.

The fluid between very narrow plates exist as liquid.

In the nature, there are two cases. one is a fluid in the micro-pore or small meso-pore. The other one is a fluid between particles. The liquid between the small particles do not dry well, for their interaction potential mapping.

This is called pore condensation.

How about seeing this site?

http://aiche.confex.com/aiche/2005/techprogram/P22981.HTM

Then you know what I mean.

The fluid between very narrow plates exist as liquid.

In the nature, there are two cases. one is a fluid in the micro-pore or small meso-pore. The other one is a fluid between particles. The liquid between the small particles do not dry well, for their interaction potential mapping.

This is called pore condensation.

You are assuming the water is there to begin with, it is true that water can exist the way you suggest in pores deep within the moon but the key here is that the Moon is dry, there is no evidence of out gassing of water on the moon, only ice in craters that are always shaded. The absolute lack of organic materials on the moon is telling as well. A common nail contains a higher percentage of organic material than materials from the moon.

Deep inside the moon, I'd say it's not impossible but we see nothing that would indicate water, organic material, or life... on or in the moon.

You are assuming the water is there to begin with, it is true that water can exist the way you suggest in pores deep within the moon but the key here is that the Moon is dry, there is no evidence of out gassing of water on the moon, only ice in craters that are always shaded. The absolute lack of organic materials on the moon is telling as well. A common nail contains a higher percentage of organic material than materials from the moon.

Deep inside the moon, I'd say it's not impossible but we see nothing that would indicate water, organic material, or life... on or in the moon.

I mean the Moon is able to have water.

It's not mean there should exist life on the surface of the Moon.

It's another problem.

Surface tension effects can significantly alter the boiling point of a liquid; the effect is dependent on the radius of curvature of the drop.

However, for the vapour pressure to drop below the atmospheric pressure on the moon, the radius of the "drop" would be much smaller than a water molecule.

There is no liquid water on the moon- it would evaporate instantly.

Surface tension effects can significantly alter the boiling point of a liquid; the effect is dependent on the radius of curvature of the drop.

However, for the vapour pressure to drop below the atmospheric pressure on the moon, the radius of the "drop" would be much smaller than a water molecule.

There is no liquid water on the moon- it would evaporate instantly.

The Moons Goldilocks zone? Where the sun keeps the water below the surface a liquid from its heat and is locked to the soil by way of surface tension. Not to deep and not to shallow. A location where the sun is just peaking over the horizon even though the moon is tidally locked to Earth, it still has a horizon just as Gliese 581D and G does.